• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Exequiel Palacios

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
He is so composed and dominating when he has ball. I will be really happy if we manage to buy him. In the worst case, we can sell him for about the same we bought him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
15m isn't much to us, even given our limited budget. I say go for it if he's really as good as is being said.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Don’t rate him as a top player. Think he’s pretty ordinary.
I hear you. But didn't he get 13g 8a this year in the league? Not a bad return for not starting every game. And his attitude is so great. Oh well. Wrong thread for this discussion. I agree on Douzi and Hector.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I hear you. But didn't he get 13g 8a this year in the league? Not a bad return for not starting every game. And his attitude is so great. Oh well. Wrong thread for this discussion. I agree on Douzi and Hector.
Giroud level stats. But yeah wrong thread.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sleeps around apparently, but as long as he's not doing a John Terry I suppose it's fine (although he should maybe assess his life values). A lot of links to players i've not heard of before and I expect a good chunk of the incomings to be from that category, and i'm fine with that.

He's 20 and sleeping around so he should check his life values? :lol: I would say at 20 he's got it pretty spot on, as long as it doesn't effect his football!

ArsenalFever

I'm also of the idea that Arsenal are at a stage where they should be signing direct improvements on the squad, which means experienced players are more welcome, because of the mental side of the game, but at 20 years old, he seems to play a disciplined game with great positional sense, good work rate and anticipates situations very well.
I think the mental side of his game is strong, and maybe the key factor why Arsenal are linked with him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'm also of the idea that Arsenal are at a stage where they should be signing direct improvements on the squad, which means experienced players are more welcome, because of the mental side of the game, but at 20 years old, he seems to play a disciplined game with great positional sense, good work rate and anticipates situations very well.
I think the mental side of his game is strong, and maybe the key factor why Arsenal are linked with him.
We have tried and failed that route. We do need abit of experience in cm though. At least these young lads will have hunger and desire.

Madison is absolutely top class. Kind of player we should go in for to bring some of the direct speedy dribbling folks here have been clamaring out for. I wouldn't mind Ziyech either as I feel Madison may be a tad more costly considering he's already got epl experience.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Good to have, but umm, don't we have Xhaka and Torreira? I think they can shoot long range and even from set pieces.

Xhaka can hit some remarkable long shots for sure but he needs way too much time and plays too deep to provide a constant threat. As for Torreira, he didn't convince me this year with his shooting. I've seen good shots from him in compilations but those are cherry picked cases. Both of them have fairly underwhelming goal scoring record during their careers which suggests that despite their occasional ability to score stunners, they are not constant threats from outside the box in a similar fashion as the likes os Eriksen, Fabregas or Maddison for example.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Xhaka can hit some remarkable long shots for sure but he needs way too much time and plays too deep to provide a constant threat. As for Torreira, he didn't convince me this year with his shooting. I've seen good shots from him in compilations but those are cherry picked cases. Both of them have fairly underwhelming goal scoring record during their careers which suggests that despite their occasional ability to score stunners, they are not constant threats from outside the box in a similar fashion as the likes os Eriksen, Fabregas or Maddison for example.

Yeah, okay. I'm not against getting another one.

But can you compare goal scoring (or even assist) stats of Eriksen or Maddison (or Fabregas) against players who play mostly DMF, sometimes CMF? Those players are more like AMF, (sometimes CMF) I think.

Last edited:

FinnGooner

Established Member
Yeah, okay. I'm not against getting another one.

But can you compare goal scoring (or even assist) stats of Eriksen or Maddison (or Fabregas) against players who play mostly DMF, sometimes CMF? Those players are more like AMF, (sometimes CMF) I think.

Well, of course AMs score more than DMs but what I've seen of Torreira and Xhaka, I'm not convinced they'd be very effective in the AM role either. We need a replacement for Ramsey, and for that position I'd like to see a guy who can provide goal threat from outside the box and direct free-kicks i addition to timely runs inside the box which was Rmasey's expertise. Palacios doesn't seem to provide the first two according to the compilation posted here. Looks like a good player otherwise, though, so I'm not against us signing him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well, of course AMs score more than DMs but what I've seen of Torreira and Xhaka, I'm not convinced they'd be very effective in the AM role either. We need a replacement for Ramsey, and for that position I'd like to see a guy who can provide goal threat from outside the box and direct free-kicks i addition to timely runs inside the box which was Rmasey's expertise. Palacios doesn't seem to provide the first two according to the compilation posted here. Looks like a good player otherwise, though, so I'm not against us signing him.

One thing that came to mind is that Arsenal doesn't get too many free kicks in good positions, because we don't have those technical dribbling players. So comparison in stats is not so fair in that sense either.

And please no, not Xhaka at AMF. Torreira could be the 5th option or so there maybe. :)

This guy seems to cost 15 million (cheap release clause if the potential is true), so I wouldn't make the long shot ability a big issue when we have two good ones already.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

D7NXOUYXYAADUmt

Interesting stuff, Palacios was playing last night and didn’t look convincing at all especially up against Athletico Paranaense. Bruno Guimarães stood out and ran the show. Personally, I think we should be targeting Bruno Guimarães, he’s been linked with Chelsea and I think he’d be a better fit for our midfield.

TornadoTed

Established Member

It depends on what formation Unai wants going forward and who we add. If it's 4-3-3 I don't necessarily think we need lots of goals from midfield if we add an elite attacker to Auba and Laca.

Look at Liverpool this season, Milner 7, Wijnaldum 5, Keita 3, Henderson 1, Fabinho 1, 17 goals combined in all competitions. People go on about their World class defence and VVD in particular but it sure as hell helps that they have 3 defensive minded midfielders sat in front of them. Conceding goals is where our weakness lies so if it means making the midfield a bit more disciplined and defensive to solve that problem then I am OK with that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom