• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Squawka, from three weeks ago, on how Fraser would fit at Arsenal and what qualities he would bring.

...what exactly would the pint-sized winger have to offer for Emery? A workaholic wide man, Fraser not only possesses a refined end product as well as virtuosic dribbling skills, but also a tenacity and dogged approach that is a manager’s dream.

Not averse to tracking back, Fraser is happy to do the dirty work and fight for the team; but with a low centre of gravity and innate technical qualities, he offers much more of a threat in the final third than in his own half.

In fact, such is his natural propensity to take on players, former Aberdeen manager Craig Brown previously expressed his concern that opposition players were targeting the winger with some rough and over-the-top challenges during his time at Pittodrie Stadium. And that statement rings true this season as only seven players have won more fouls in the Premier League than Fraser (64).

To put into perspective just how influential Fraser has been for Bournemouth this season; he has created more big chances for his teammates than any player in the Premier League (25), nine ahead of second-placed Eden Hazard and 10 ahead of Mohamed Salah.

He has also created the third-most chances (81), as well as registering the third-most successful crosses and corners combined (65), showing just how invaluable he is from a dead-ball scenario as well as from the byline.

With that raw ability to unlock doors and whip in dangerous crosses into the corridor of uncertainty, the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette would flourish under such service.

Compare Arsenal’s top creators with Fraser and there could be some signs for concern for Emery: Fraser has created a massive 81 chances in the league; Mesut Özil leads the way for Arsenal with 42, despite playing under 50% of all available minutes. And so, with Emery seemingly unwilling to trust his chief creator – despite a recent resurgence – Fraser could offer the necessary skillset to bring a more consistent outlook to Arsenal’s attack.

Looking at chances created per 90, and Fraser just edges Özil at 2.44 to 2.29, showing the Scottish marvel has the capacity to keep speed with the league’s best creative outlets.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Is a **** footballer being the biggest disqualifier.

Arsenal over the last 20 years have built teams on undercover left field signings also, what you’ve posted is bollocks.

Fraser is a whip in merchant.

**** footballer is what some Arsenal fans label anyone who fits the disqualifiers I listed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Freddie-Ljungberg-celebrates-goal-Arsenal-Chelsea-FA-Cup-final.jpg

Nothing wrong with a whip it in merchant boys.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He wasn’t a whip in merchant though?

Out wide he was, Fraser and him are almost identical players imo.

Both mazy dribblers, whip it in at an elite level and good at making late runs in the box. Although Fraser is better at set pieces.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
A decent welbeck replacement if we can get him for around 15-20m I guess but I rather we give those minutes to Nelson/Saka and buy real quality instead.

We need players who significantly increases the quality of the starting 11 first and foremost, let the academy be the squad depth for now imo.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I find it amusing that some are complaining that all Fraser can do is crosses and set pieces. Even if that were true -- and it most certainly is not -- Arsenal has been sorely lacking someone who can consistently make decent crosses into the box and their set piece taking was often crap this season.

Just ran across this new Player of the Season video from Bournemouth for those who are interested.

And for those of you who fancy yourselves scouts (or might just find it interesting), here's every single touch Fraser made against Leicester City.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I find it amusing that some are complaining that all Fraser can do is crosses and set pieces. Even if that were true -- and it most certainly is not -- Arsenal has been sorely lacking someone who can consistently make decent crosses into the box and their set piece taking was often crap this season.

Just ran across this new Player of the Season video from Bournemouth for those who are interested.

And for those of you who fancy yourselves scouts (or might just find it interesting), here's every single touch Fraser made against Leicester City.

Love that highlight 15 seconds into the first video.

Even in a Fraser video I can’t escape Iwobi’s dire crossing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ordinarily I'd like this signing - I've always though Fraser was an underrated player in the PL and is effective at what he does.

However, this should ideally be a depth signing - something we don't necessarily need. Still, I would be optimistic about this, even in my apprehension.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ordinarily I'd like this signing - I've always though Fraser was an underrated player in the PL and is effective at what he does.

However, this should ideally be a depth signing - something we don't necessarily need. Still, I would be optimistic about this, even in my apprehension.

Think this is partly a depth signing, we just wanna seal the deal early because it's doable. Expect we at least gonna try hard for Zaha or Pepe later on

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mate, I'm one of the first to cape for the youth players on here as you guys know, but that's just stupid. He's 15, hasn't even finished growing. I wouldn't even entertain a cameo till he's played an U23 game. Matt Smith ain't ready yet either.

A decent welbeck replacement if we can get him for around 15-20m I guess but I rather we give those minutes to Nelson/Saka and buy real quality instead.

We need players who significantly increases the quality of the starting 11 first and foremost, let the academy be the squad depth for now imo.
I would prefer this too - I think it's very possible that Fraser is coming in to be a starter - and I'm slightly afraid that we're also gonna keep playing Iwobi and Mhkitaryan in those wide spots aswell next season. That would be a let down - Fraser, Iwobi and Mhki fighting for those spots doesn't fill me with optimism. It also doesn't give us that much room for Nelson to play unless he moves inside to #10, which is his more natural position. Saka doesn't really need to be a serious option just yet - I'd rather wait and see what he does during pre-season.

Fraser is very decent, but if I'm being 100% honest, I don't think this takes us up a level. At best, it gives us an extra dynamic.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Think this is partly a depth signing, we just wanna seal the deal early because it's doable. Expect we at least gonna try hard for Zaha or Pepe later on

This isn’t a depth signing. Nelson coming back is depth. Promoting Saka and including Martinelli is depth. We’re not in a position to spend £20m on depth for the wing and then another £50m for a starter in the same position.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
This isn’t a depth signing. Nelson coming back is depth. Promoting Saka and including Martinelli is depth. We’re not in a position to spend £20m on depth for the wing and then another £50m for a starter in the same position.

I think it is depth since Welbeck is leaving. I see all of the three you mentioned being loaned out next season.

Top Bottom