• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This isn’t a depth signing. Nelson coming back is depth. Promoting Saka and including Martinelli is depth. We’re not in a position to spend £20m on depth for the wing and then another £50m for a starter in the same position.

Yep. Fraser is a quality player who will be a significant upgrade on what Arsenal has been getting. He's not a galactico, but he doesn't need to be. The important thing is the skills he will add to the team, not the sexiness of his name. People get too caught up in wanting only players they can brag to their mates about at the point of signing and forget about actual team building within a budget. Signing Fraser for £18-20 million leaves funds for other needs such as CB, LB, CM. Unlike some of the sexier names of this summer's "next big thing" from France or somewhere that Arsenal fans get the hots for even if they've seen them play very little, Fraser is proven in the Premier League. Good, quality player who will play his heart out and become a fan favorite once people see him in an Arsenal shirt for awhile, even if nobody mistakes him for Messi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think he’s versatile as a player, could put him on either flank or even in the middle. I don’t think buying Fraser means no Zaha or Pepe.

If anything I’d say it’d be Rabiot who’s less likely. Fraser, Zaha and Hermoso and that’s a massively improved side.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Aberdeen have a 20% sell-on clause (some say 25%) according to that Independent article, so that has to be factored into any fee Bournemouth accept.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think he’s versatile as a player, could put him on either flank or even in the middle. I don’t think buying Fraser means no Zaha or Pepe.

If anything I’d say it’d be Rabiot who’s less likely. Fraser, Zaha and Hermoso and that’s a massively improved side.
I dont think CM should be much of a priority tbh. The only issue I do have is that if we sign the players you have mentioned we would have improved our ability to carry the ball further up the pitch. A left back signing and a central midfielder would have really helped our game if we had the money to bring in lets say a Tierney + Tielemans/Rabiot

But I'd prefer quality over quantity, we might as well solve our wings and CB are this window. And then fix LB and CM next window, they are less pressing positions right now

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Aberdeen have a 20% sell-on clause (some say 25%) according to that Independent article, so that has to be factored into any fee Bournemouth accept.
As in he has a year left so they dont have anywhere near as much leverage on him as Palace do with Zaha (who are also concerned with a sell on clause)

I think anything over 20-23m is getting too steep tbh. Especially as im desperately clinging onto the narrative that he wont be our only senior winger signing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yep. Fraser is a quality player who will be a significant upgrade on what Arsenal has been getting. He's not a galactico, but he doesn't need to be. The important thing is the skills he will add to the team, not the sexiness of his name. People get too caught up in wanting only players they can brag to their mates about at the point of signing and forget about actual team building within a budget. Signing Fraser for £18-20 million leaves funds for other needs such as CB, LB, CM. Unlike some of the sexier names of this summer's "next big thing" from France or somewhere that Arsenal fans get the hots for even if they've seen them play very little, Fraser is proven in the Premier League. Good, quality player who will play his heart out and become a fan favorite once people see him in an Arsenal shirt for awhile, even if nobody mistakes him for Messi.
Again you’re posting rubbish, inventing narratives.

Like I said to you this club is renowned for signing players who aren’t high profile, expensive, sexy etc or whatever you want to say. The fans of this club know about budgets and have reasonable expectations.

Cut the ****, say you like him and move on.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Again you’re posting rubbish, inventing narratives.

Like I said to you this club is renowned for signing players who aren’t high profile, expensive, sexy etc or whatever you want to say. The fans of this club know about budgets and have reasonable expectations.

Cut the ****, say you like him and move on.

You're just constantly trying to be a hipster.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Everyone should forget about Zaha, never going to happen. Dont know why you do it to yourselves!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I know people are just saying it to be annoying but a “whip-in merchant” out wide actually sounds pretty tasty when you consider we’ve got Lacazette and Aubameyang in the box.
Thats what we need though you have 2 cfs in the box to bang the goals in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Everyone should forget about Zaha, never going to happen. Dont know why you do it to yourselves!

His rumoured price tag is literally more than our entire budget ffs. I don't get why people can't accept the reality of the situation we're in.

LG10

Yeah he’s limited but fraser gives us qualities we don’t have in the squad. He suits emery’s football perfectly, he’s cheap, and his signing means less iwobi and mkhitaryam appearances

GDeep™

League is very weak
What has Zaha got to do with anything?

Me and most of this forum has been saying he’s too expensive and not happening.

LG10

Don’t even know what hipster means anymore. Just think there are better players available. Ziyech is a stunning footballer.

Fraser is limited, if you accept that then I have nothing to say.
What’s ziyech got to do with fraser? Ones a winger and ones a 10 (I know he’s played wide this season but he’d be signed as a 10). If anything it’s Özil fault if we don’t sign him as he’s in his position and is unsellable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom