• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pique signed for Barcelona from Manchester United on May 27, 2008. Sanllehi had just taken over as director of football and had been basically their transfer guru for a few years before that. He may not have had the title, but they put him to work on transfers shortly after he joined the club in 2003.

Sure, there were flops. Now I'll just wait for you to identify anyone involved in transfers who had only resounding successes and no flops. Well, no I won't wait because I won't live that long.

You're just cherry picking to be a hipster.
Everyone has flops, but these were very expensive flops, not everyone has those.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Everyone has flops, but these were very expensive flops, not everyone has those.

Not everyone can afford to spend what Barcelona spends on players. Clubs that have that capacity have their own expensive flops. It's all relative.

Besides, even if every player Sanllehi ever signed was a total piece of crap, it would be immaterial. He's not a scout. Never has been. It's never, by his own admission, been his bailiwick. His job at Arsenal will be similar to his job at Barcelona -- to get transfers over the line. That's what he's good at. It will be up to the technical director, the head of recruitment and the head coach to identify talent. Sanllehi's contacts around the world may give him leads, but it will be up to the scouts to formally identify the targets. That's when Sanllehi will step in and use his relationships with agents and other clubs to get the players to Arsenal (and hopefully to move some on when necessary).

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He's not a scout. Never has been. It's never, by his own admission, been his bailiwick. His job at Arsenal will be similar to his job at Barcelona -- to get transfers over the line.

Well, maybe he shouldn't have pushed Mislintat out of the club then. Arsenal had one of the most reknowned scouts/squadplanners at the club, yet Raul was more in favour of contacts and networks and working with agents to identify targets.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well, maybe he shouldn't have pushed Mislintat out of the club then. Arsenal had one of the most reknowned scouts/squadplanners at the club, yet Raul was more in favour of contacts and networks and working with agents to identify targets.

Well, arguably. I don't think we can really know the full story, but it's been reported that Mislintat wanted the technical director job and Raul didn't think he was well-qualified for some of the duties. So pushed? I don't know. Could be. Or maybe Sven was just upset that he wasn't considered for the job. There are always two sides.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Well that should almost certainly confirm Edu, however I find Unai's comments very odd then about Zubi.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

There's been a lot of chatter about this in Italy lately, including reports of an offer from Brazil. Apparently Leonardo hasn't gotten along well with Gazidis and was planning to leave anyway. Various reports have Milan looking to replace him with Luis Campos or Lazio sporting director Igli Tare.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There's been a lot of chatter about this in Italy lately, including reports of an offer from Brazil. Apparently Leonardo hasn't gotten along well with Gazidis and was planning to leave anyway. Various reports have Milan looking to replace him with Luis Campos or Lazio sporting director Igli Tare.
I bet Ivan show him some stat dna players and Leonardo like nope i'm outta here. won't be surprised if ivan manage to piss off Maldini next.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You said raul signed the worst players, barcelona. someon answered he signed all the good players. 50% + 50% = 100%.

Also from how people talk here it very much seems like they think they have all the power in the in signing players. Hence the question? You don't see that when you browse this thread?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just to be clear, Sanllehi is actually in charge of signing players, as he was at Barcelona. The new technical director will oversee the scouting network and be part of the team (along with the head of recruitment and to some extent the head coach) that identifies the players who Sanllehi will then work on signing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also from how people talk here it very much seems like they think they have all the power in the in signing players. Hence the question? You don't see that when you browse this thread?
Yeah I do. I should have clarified myself anyway, managers/recruitment team etc will identify targets and Raul will try to close the deals.

At Barcelona you can argue he vastly over paid for targets who didn’t work out, others he maybe underpriced when being sold, like Toure.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well, arguably. I don't think we can really know the full story, but it's been reported that Mislintat wanted the technical director job and Raul didn't think he was well-qualified for some of the duties. So pushed? I don't know. Could be. Or maybe Sven was just upset that he wasn't considered for the job. There are always two sides.

By all accounts as Head of Recruitment Mislintat was Chief Scout and Chief Squadplanner which is exactly the Technical Director job. Would've been a simple internal technicality to give Sven that title and a raise. This whole thing 100% was a power play by Raul about influence in the club.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

By all accounts as Head of Recruitment Mislintat was Chief Scout and Chief Squadplanner which is exactly the Technical Director job. Would've been a simple internal technicality to give Sven that title and a raise. This whole thing 100% was a power play by Raul about influence in the club.

I think it's funny when someone outside the club says something is 100% about it like it was only a power play move.

Surely there are many factors at play, I can tell you it's 100% sure thing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well I think Sven's personality and working style might have been big factor why Raul and others didn't give him the position.

You can say it's 100% power play from Raul, I can tell you it's very likely not only that. Likely some part but how big, we probably never know. I think not very big.

You can go into ad hominem, but that tells more about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom