• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,146

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This would be a pointless signing IMO.

This about Rabiot? I'd take him to be honest, I'd replace Xhaka with him in a heartbeat.

Apparently Rabiot will cost a ton, not a free transfer it seems.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd only take Rabiot if we didnt have to pay him so much. The fact that he wants a signing on fee AND a massive wage puts me off.

I wouldnt mind giving him a 10-20m signing on fee in a couple installments, but to pay him so much money ontop of what he is already asking is going to get us into a similar situation to what we are facing with Özil. If we wanna sell him because hes not good enough for whatever reason he's just gonna sit on that extortionate wage and we are going to have to finance a move to get rid of him.

I reckon we'd have to do that with Kolasinac if we ever wanted to sell him, hes on 140k a week whos paying that?? And when it comes to contract renewal time is he gonna take that massive pay cut or is he going to reject it and run down the deal...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I feel bad for Rabiot as it seems Barca “gave him the eyes” and his head was turned until Frenkie made them look away.

I’d love Rabiot, regardless of his attitude, however wouldn’t we be contradicting the statement in regards to Rambo.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Alexis Claude Maurice has just arrived at Matteos house in London, done deal imo.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Douzi broke his own transfer story before club sanctioned so wouldn't be surprised

Welcome player I know nothing about

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Re: Rabiot. Extremely talented player who would seem to fit Arsenal quite well.

I'll leave it up to Emery to judge his character since they know each other well. I'll leave it up to the club to figure out what they are willing and can afford to pay him -- and, of course, whether or not they want him. If they're on board, so am I.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I feel bad for Rabiot as it seems Barca “gave him the eyes” and his head was turned until Frenkie made them look away.

I’d love Rabiot, regardless of his attitude, however wouldn’t we be contradicting the statement in regards to Rambo.

The idea wasn't that we couldn't give Ramsey the money full stop, it was that we couldn't give it to a 28 year old with a history of muscle injuries. I think the club would be happy to give it to a 24 year old Rabiot.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rabiot with emery at PSG he played 35+ games in all components so there weren't problems with Emery. If we didn't have tow guys on 550K a week we'd offer Rabiot a good contact

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This would be a pointless signing IMO.

This about Rabiot? I'd take him to be honest, I'd replace Xhaka with him in a heartbeat.

Seen a bit of Loader when I’ve watched Reading games for Martinez.

He looks a good presser and a willing runner but he’s never really looked like a goal scorer :lol:

I’d much rather keep Nketiah and give him minutes tbh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seen a bit of Loader when I’ve watched Reading games for Martinez.

He looks a good presser and a willing runner but he’s never really looked like a goal scorer :lol:

I’d much rather keep Nketiah and give him minutes tbh.
Loader is good to be fair, but we have at least 3 strikers in the academy who all have PL potential. Doesn't make sense unless they're potentially much better.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The idea wasn't that we couldn't give Ramsey the money full stop, it was that we couldn't give it to a 28 year old with a history of muscle injuries. I think the club would be happy to give it to a 24 year old Rabiot.
Good point but I’m referring more so to what’s Raul specifically stating about wage imbalance within the squad. Surely with Rabiot on a free, he’ll command an excess of 250k pw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom