• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2018/19

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Ribery was always a bit of a maverick. Wouldn't have stayed with us for long.

I'm surprised he played for so long with Bayern.

Bayern basically crept into his arse to keep him. They once said no when in 2009 a lot of teams like Real, United and Barca were interested. After say 2010/11 a lot of other, younger wingers came into focus of top teams. Bayern also did a lot of background supporting in that case with the underage prostitute.

Also, once you're settled at Bayern bagging domestic trophy after domestic trophy, at least playing CL or at best competing for it, there's few clubs who could lure you away.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bayern basically crept into his arse to keep him. They once said no when in 2009 a lot of teams like Real, United and Barca were interested. After say 2010/11 a lot of other, younger wingers came into focus of top teams. Bayern also did a lot of background supporting in that case with the underage prostitute.

Also, once you're settled at Bayern bagging domestic trophy after domestic trophy, at least playing CL or at best competing for it, there's few clubs who could lure you away.
yeah true. As @GDeep™ was saying, he's truly a legendary winger. At one point, Bayern only needed him and Robben on the field to automatically win the game.

His injuries cost him earlier in his career, especially the one in the world cup 2010(?) when they crashed out in the group stage. He was in beast mode then

Toby

His injuries cost him earlier in his career, especially the one in the world cup 2010(?) when they crashed out in the group stage. He was in beast mode then

Think the injury you mean was at the EC 2008. 2010 was that whole mess when half of those muppets in the French squad acted out and they went home without a win and just one goal scored.

Ribéry absolutely is one of the best wingmen of the last decade, phenomenal player. I remember when he came he turned the Bundesliga upside down with his class. It was like a whole new level of playing had entered the league.
But he's still also absolutely bonkers and a dirty character. Hitting, spitting, golden steaks, ****ter rants full of swear words, sex with underage prostitues, ringleader of the WC 2010 french scandal, and just one of the most genuinely stupid people I've hard talk.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Think the injury you mean was at the EC 2008. 2010 was that whole mess when half of those muppets in the French squad acted out and they went home without a win and just one goal scored.

Ribéry absolutely is one of the best wingmen of the last decade, phenomenal player. I remember when he came he turned the Bundesliga upside down with his class. It was like a whole new level of playing had entered the league.
But he's still also absolutely bonkers and a dirty character. Hitting, spitting, golden steaks, ****ter rants full of swear words, sex with underage prostitues, ringleader of the WC 2010 french scandal, and just one of the most genuinely stupid people I've hard talk.

On the subject of which I remember a few years ago speaking to a journalist who worked in Munich, he moved there from London and absolutely hated Bayern.
Mainly due to being surrounded by fans he couldn't stand I think, he said the players , whenever he had to deal with them, were actually very nice.
If I remember correctly he singled out Robben and Muller as being really friendly and very helpful but said they were all pleasant, apart from Ribery who " is an utter **** ".

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Would be nice if Bayern lost another DFB Cup final. They don't deserve to win another trophy after such a poor season for their standard.

Toby

Almost time for the first leg of the relegation playoffs. Stuttgart need to pull themselves together tonight, don't want us hampered by playing 2. Bundesliga next season now that we seemingly have a capeable leadership in Hitzlsperger and Mislintat, with a very interesting new coach coming in on top of that.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
2:2 after the first game.

Good result for Union, equal game all in all.
Still would say it's 50:50 and always the Bundesliga team goes trough, so i still don't expect a surprise.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Almost time for the first leg of the relegation playoffs. Stuttgart need to pull themselves together tonight, don't want us hampered by playing 2. Bundesliga next season now that we seemingly have a capeable leadership in Hitzlsperger and Mislintat, with a very interesting new coach coming in on top of that.
2-2. Not a good outlook with the away goal rule. Fancy them winning in Berlin?

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Stuttgart are in serious danger of getting relegated after drawing 2-2 against Union Berlin in the playoffs first leg.

It would be quite a shock to see both Stuttgart and Hamburg in the 2. Bundesliga next season.

Toby

2-2. Not a good outlook with the away goal rule. Fancy them winning in Berlin?

Right after coming home from watching the game? Not a chance. A 2 away goal baggage, going to their home ground. Might be pessimistic right now, but I don't think they'll do it.

After the 2-1 by Gomez, VfB should have pushed for a third, but they were complacent, thinking they had it bagged and would eventually score a third against a slightly shocked Union. But that ****ing arrogance got Union back into the game, at the end they were eerily close to making it 2-3.

It's a soup of lacking mentality, arrogance, lacking hunger, making excuses, half of the squad being **** players (I ****ing loathe Gonzalo Castro, can **** right off to Schalke where that muppet Reschke who brough him here is now Technical Director), complacency and being too casual. No ****ing grit in half of that team. Didavi, Gentner, Insua, Castro - ****ing fine weather footballers who have lived too long in this wellness oasis in Stuttgart, where nothing gets you benched or sold, and the smallest of feats gets you a contract extension. Wouldn't surprise me if Rentner gets an extension just for that goal tonight.

After the game the ****ing captain says they did a good job and it's going to be 50/50. It's not 50/50 with two away goals conceded when you're Stuttgart. ****ing softie Gentner, seriously. He can't understand why the fans are pissed after such a display. **** me. Union wanted it, Stuttgart thought they had it. Gomez was more up to it, he was pissed and said they were going to grab it from Union in the return leg.

Half of that team tonight didn't understand this was the most important game of the last years, more important than any game in the 2nd Bundesliga. Whatever happens on Monday, half of these idiots have to be binned. So many in there have been dragged through the years and have themselves dragged the club around. They just go with it whatever happens, as long as they play. When we lose on Monday, that scumbag weakling of a captain will come out and say the team gave it their all, and there's every chance we'll come back up again. Well if half or even more of that team wouldn't have ****ed it up for the whole season with exactly such a weak mentality, Stuttgart wouldn't be in these playoffs to begin with.

Going to have a couple of beers more and be pissed now.

Toby

always the Bundesliga team goes trough, so i still don't expect a surprise.

This is VfB. We love to gift other clubs. I'll bet on Stuttgart becoming the 2nd 1. Bundesliga team in 11 to loose relegation.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
They have weeks to discuss the colours from the shirts of both clubs and then they are deciding for this..

You are a Werder Bremen fan,correct? How is Augustinsson doing? I'm a swede and remember when he made himself a name here, haven't been following up on him.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
You are a Werder Bremen fan,correct? How is Augustinsson doing? I'm a swede and remember when he made himself a name here, haven't been following up on him.

Yep, I'm.

Werder had a Left Back problem since years (Silvestre played there some time, don't want to remember this time again.)

All in all he is very solid, defensively there is no problem for us anymore at the left side since he joined us. Offensively - despite 5 assists and 1 goal - he hasn't had a big offensive output this season. But to be fair, we haven't played with a clear penalty striker this season (hopefully this will change next season with Füllkrug, so there will be a purchaser for his crosses.
Negative thing is, that he often searchs the pass back instead of going forward, hasn't much pace or going into a dribbling.

He is a working and running engine, only Eggestein and Kimmich run more this season and he is nearly never injured.

Think he isn't a Top 5 Left Back in the League (Rousillon, Alaba, Schulz, Halstenberg, Kostic), but close behind them i would say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom