• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
At Bournemouth. Defenders playing against him at Bournemouth are giving him more time on the ball than he'd get playing for us. No-one raises their game against Bournemouth.
You can look at it both ways really. At Arsenal we have multiple attacking threats so you can't really focus on setting up your side to nullify Fraser if we have devastating attackers like Aubameyang and Lacazette. At Bournemouth he is their main creative outlet so managers will be looking to target someone like that.

Its a similar situation to Zaha at Palace, except Zaha is literally a one man team at times.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ziyech fits the style better. True he isn't a pure winger which is what we want, but is that what Emery wants? If we're using our fullbacks to get to the touchline then we need an inside forward who can also score goals, and sure isn't that basically Ziyech? The fact he isn't a pure winger probably works in his favour. Plus, he's just a better player than Fraser.

Emery went for Denis Suarez, and although it was a colossal failure, it might tell you something about what he's after: not quite a CAM, not quite a winger. Ziyech could fulfil that role, just more successfully and for a reasonable transfer fee.

Should also be noted that whoever we bring in needs to be able to score goals to alleviate the burden from the two strikers, and Ziyech's proved he knows where the back of the net is.
If Emery is actually sticking to this inside winger **** then our play is gonna be plain depressing. I really dont like the idea of our fullbacks being so important to our attacking play; especially given the fact Bellerin is injury prone and Kolasinac is so inconsistent. I dont think the premier league suits it anyway, most successful english sides in recent years have used width to their success i.e. city and liverpool, the directness has helped Sp**s and liverpool in europe.

Surely the arsenal board realise that fraser is literally the opposite to what we need if we are going for that :lol:, i think emery has changed his tactical stance in england, and is looking for proper width. Fraser fits that mould, although his actualy quality is questionable compared to other players we have been linked to in that position

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I like this bit:

Some Gunners fans have expressed their dismay at such a prospect; the suggestion being that the signing would be underwhelming.

I can’t help but feel these people prefer the romanticism of transfers rather than the effectiveness of them.

If Fraser was a 5ft 10in Brazilian coated in tattoos named Frazinho they’d probably be a lot more excited about his possible arrival.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/447875/ryan-fraser-premier-league-assists-chances/

And a snippet of the profile itself:

Whereas Hazard’s style is full of nuanced complexities, Fraser is wonderfully uncomplicated.

His crossing is exceptional – from open play as well as set-pieces – and he probably doesn’t get enough credit for his passing in the final third.

He’s also excellent with both feet, an essential skill for the modern winger, one that is
still undervalued by many.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like this bit:

Some Gunners fans have expressed their dismay at such a prospect; the suggestion being that the signing would be underwhelming.

I can’t help but feel these people prefer the romanticism of transfers rather than the effectiveness of them.

If Fraser was a 5ft 10in Brazilian coated in tattoos named Frazinho they’d probably be a lot more excited about his possible arrival.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/447875/ryan-fraser-premier-league-assists-chances/

Whereas Hazard’s style is full of nuanced complexities, Fraser is wonderfully uncomplicated.

His crossing is exceptional – from open play as well as set-pieces – and he probably doesn’t get enough credit for his passing in the final third.

He’s also excellent with both feet, an essential skill for the modern winger, one that is
You like it because you probably wrote that rubbish.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I like this bit:

Tell me more about this Frazinho

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like this bit:

Someone made a comparison to Shakiri, which is fair. If we just needed depth then Fraser might be a nifty addition, but we need a bit more than that. Nelson can provide depth anyway.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Fraser for £20m is fantastic business.
Its great business in isolation. But would you be happy if he was the only wide man we bring in? I'd be a bit dissapointed unless we were saving money for a good signing in a different position.

We are signing a assists machine here. Anybody who is against this just don't want us to outsmart the market and find the backdoor to the premier league title!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I like this bit:

If Ali Dia was a 5ft 10in Brazilian coated in tattoos named Alidinho they’d probably be a lot more excited about his possible arrival.

Zero dribbling per game and you compare him to Brazilian wingers.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
But still a better player than Fraser

Of all the dumb things I've seen posted in this forum, this wins the award for the dumbest ever -- hand frickin' down. You need to put down Football Manager and actually watch some games. Ryan Fraser would chew him up, spit him out and do a Highland dance on the chunks left on the ground. It would literally be a man against a boy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Of all the dumb things I've seen posted in this forum, this wins the award for the dumbest ever -- hand frickin' down. You need to put down Football Manager and actually watch some games. Ryan Fraser would chew him up, spit him out and do a Highland dance on the chunks left on the ground. It would literally be a man against a boy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Maybe your post is not that clever either. That kid is not even in Football Manager. So the only way I can judge is to watch them play.

Fraser will be left on the floor, can’t even get close to him. Surprised by the skills and flair of this kid, wondering why himself never learned any of the football basics after all these years.
A winger who can’t dribble (a football re-tard) is like a mathematician who can’t even calculate 1+1.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Maybe your post is not that clever either. That kid is not even in Football Manager. So the only way I can judge is to watch them play.

And my point obviously whooshed right over your head. But I would no longer expect you to understand. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The snobbery in here Is incredible. I bet Ian Wright wouldn't have been wanted here either coming from lowly Crystal Palace? Probably would have laughed at Mane from Southampton or Son from wherever he came from in Holland.

Yes, Fraser wouldn't be at top of any wishlist, but if we add Fraser, Nelson and Saka as wide options next season at the expense of Welbeck and Iwobi/Mkhi then I'm happy to invest money elsewhere.
Fraser has proven that he can rack up assists and harm defences at this level. Would be a smart signing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom