• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,390

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good point but I’m referring more so to what’s Raul specifically stating about wage imbalance within the squad. Surely with Rabiot on a free, he’ll command an excess of 250k pw.

He wants 10 mil a year after tax plus 15M signing fee, might have to pay PSG 10M in compensation as well.

So on wages you’re looking at 385k a week plus, I’d be hesitant solely because we’ve seen how much Alexis f*cked Utd’s wage scale.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The idea wasn't that we couldn't give Ramsey the money full stop, it was that we couldn't give it to a 28 year old with a history of muscle injuries. I think the club would be happy to give it to a 24 year old Rabiot.

We couldn't give it because our wage bill is already out of control, thanks to some overpaid underperforming players. We give Ramsey/Rabiot 280k, guys like Guendouzi and Torreira will start wanting to be paid not far from that amount. Cause talent and performance wise our current midfielders are not that far from Rabiot.

Hinderz

He’s probably worth £85-90m over 5 years (transfer fee and wages), he’s determined to not have his soon to be ex-employer steal his future wages with a transfer fee (beyond £10m development compensation). £15m gross pa is probably fair, the question is how does he get it, as salary or a sign on fee or whatever combination keeps everyone happy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He can't come in on Auba or Laca wages. You simply sort him out with a nice signing on fee like we did with Kolasinac. PSG to Arsenal is a big come down, especially when Barca were interested. The Emery link is the only hope I have.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He wants 10 mil a year after tax plus 15M signing fee, might have to pay PSG 10M in compensation as well.

So on wages you’re looking at 385k a week plus, I’d be hesitant solely because we’ve seen how much Alexis f*cked Utd’s wage scale.

This is crazy, not even the wages for me its the signing on fee. This could literally set a new route for players, run down your contract and pretty much demand a signing on fee in replace of a transfer fee.

Imagine being Mbappe, imagine running out your contract at PSG then asking Real for a 100-200mil signing on fee, its a hell of a lot cheaper than what they would pay PSG, I have no idea how compensation works or if it would even come into the discussion, but if I was Mbappe I would seriously be contemplating this as he's so young, I'd definitely auction myself to the highest bidding club willing to pay me personally for my services.

Would that legally work for a player to do?

We couldn't give it because our wage bill is already out of control, thanks to some overpaid underperforming players. We give Ramsey/Rabiot 280k, guys like Guendouzi and Torreira will start wanting to be paid not far from that amount. Cause talent and performance wise our current midfielders are not that far from Rabiot.
Exactly. I'd give him a max of 200k and if he thinks its too little, i'd tell him to **** off!

Hinderz

This is crazy, not even the wages for me its the signing on fee. This could literally set a new route for players, run down your contract and pretty much demand a signing on fee in replace of a transfer fee.

Imagine being Mbappe, imagine running out your contract at PSG then asking Real for a 100-200mil signing on fee, its a hell of a lot cheaper than what they would pay PSG, I have no idea how compensation works or if it would even come into the discussion, but if I was Mbappe I would seriously be contemplating this as he's so young, I'd definitely auction myself to the highest bidding club willing to pay me personally for my services.

So you should. Why does a club deserve a cent for a player’s talent? The balance between fees and wages is way off kilter at the moment. They are people not a commodity. He showed up to work and did his job as agreed. It’s not like Mbappe was a youth team player for them, he doesnt own them anything. Imagine giving up 50- 70% of your value for the sake of a couple of seasons.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Rabiot makes me think of that How I met your mother hot/crazy chart - he ain't that good and special for being that much of a douche

2.25784877.jpg

He's pretty hot, I'd say he could be pretty crazy too and get away with it.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Wenger said this was the way football was going to go. You'd see more and more players completing contracts and going on free moves with big signing fees to them.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Wenger said this was the way football was going to go. You'd see more and more players completing contracts and going on free moves with big signing fees to them.

Would be interesting to see, not sure what it would do the the game but then again all the top clubs pay the highest transfer fees at the moment so not sure it even makes much difference to them, just means player resale value won't exist which I wonder if that would reduce or replace wages? Would the signing on fee act as a package deal, for example 200mil straight to the player over the duration, that includes signing on and wages, not sign fee plus wages after.

For the lesser clubs however to receive no fees for players could be a killer.

Money money money this sport!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ve thought for a while it’s the way football is going to go.

What benefit does a player have if he moves for say £50 million if he only gets 100k a week wages.

Players are going to start taking shorter contracts with less money, betting on themselves that by the time that contract runs out they can triple their earnings elsewhere.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would like Rabiot, but at 200k max. A sign on fee in the region of €10m is to be expected even on a free transfer. I highly doubt the reported €10m fee to PSG is correct. Surely there can't be a 'clause in the contract' if he's a free agent ffs. And the development fee is no where €10m either. Ajax (and other top Eredivisie teams) routinely gets these fees and I've never seen such a high fee for development. I doubt it'd be much more than €1m.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I would like Rabiot, but at 200k max. A sign on fee in the region of €10m is to be expected even on a free transfer. I highly doubt the reported €10m fee to PSG is correct. Surely there can't be a 'clause in the contract' if he's a free agent ffs. And the development fee is no where €10m either. Ajax (and other top Eredivisie teams) routinely gets these fees and I've never seen such a high fee for development. I doubt it'd be much more than €1m.

You only pay it if the player leaves during or before the season they turned 23. He’s 24.

Hinderz

I’ve thought for a while it’s the way football is going to go.

What benefit does a player have if he moves for say £50 million if he only gets 100k a week wages.

Players are going to start taking shorter contracts with less money, betting on themselves that by the time that contract runs out they can triple their earnings elsewhere.
Alexis Sanchez - a man ahead of his time

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rabiot is not what we need. We need a faster, dynamic and dribbling centre mid who can beat the press and break the lines through multiple ways. I don't want a centre mid who strokes the ball about and pads his stats. Rabiot isn't worth the big money contract. We need a combative, box to box, tenacious centre mid.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I know he's pretty unreliable but whatever.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Rabiot has been on the market since January, and nobody has come after him, no one is gonna pay him 350+k/week

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

With all these rumours about Rabiot holding out for more money, it’s obvious that the most likely destination for him is Man Utd. Rabiot is a quality player but Utd would be fools to match his demands especially since they still have Chilean dud who is fleecing them for doing nothing. It would also be a massive step down all the way to the Europa League for Rabiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom