• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah just checked and he’s played wide pretty much all season. Looks like a 10 to me, don’t think he’s the pacy winger we’re looking for
Last season he played as 10, he has gone up a gear this season as a free-roaming winger posted formally at RW. I think that's where he needs to play if he joins a big team.

He does not provide too much pace, but he does provide vision, trickery, unmatched passing range, hard work, goal threat, one touch football.

We could really do with Ziyech and a 'traditional' winger on the left. For lack of a better alternative (I can only think of Bergwijn potentially), I think Fraser is a traditional winger with a good cross and final 3rd pass that will help our striker. He's also a fighter, which we're missing in our squad especially in the forward line. There don't seem to be too many LW's for the taking. I think Zaha is overrated, Pepe plays on the right, I think Neres is ultimately better on the right also.

If Emery is actually sticking to this inside winger **** then our play is gonna be plain depressing. I really dont like the idea of our fullbacks being so important to our attacking play; especially given the fact Bellerin is injury prone and Kolasinac is so inconsistent. I dont think the premier league suits it anyway, most successful english sides in recent years have used width to their success i.e. city and liverpool, the directness has helped Sp**s and liverpool in europe.

Surely the arsenal board realise that fraser is literally the opposite to what we need if we are going for that :lol:, i think emery has changed his tactical stance in england, and is looking for proper width. Fraser fits that mould, although his actualy quality is questionable compared to other players we have been linked to in that position
Isn't Silva more of a playmaker/10 on the wings for City?

I don't mind having one inside winger if the other is somewhat more traditional. I honestly don't know who to target for LW. If only we'd be able to get Sané. Who would you target Red?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We are crying out for a skillful dribbler. Not someone who plays ugly football.

That is the dream, hopefully we get CL football to make it easier. I'd not turn my nose up at Fraser as an option in the squad as variety. For what he would cost that would put him in a rotation role at our rivals bar Sp**s. Both a dribley pacey winger that can score and Fraser for some tricky away fixtures would be good business imo, huge ask for this club though.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Last season he played as 10, he has gone up a gear this season as a free-roaming winger posted formally at RW. I think that's where he needs to play if he joins a big team.

He does not provide too much pace, but he does provide vision, trickery, unmatched passing range, hard work, goal threat, one touch football.

We could really do with Ziyech and a 'traditional' winger on the left. For lack of a better alternative (I can only think of Bergwijn potentially), I think Fraser is a traditional winger with a good cross and final 3rd pass that will help our striker. He's also a fighter, which we're missing in our squad especially in the forward line. There don't seem to be too many LW's for the taking. I think Zaha is overrated, Pepe plays on the right, I think Neres is ultimately better on the right also.

Isn't Silva more of a playmaker/10 on the wings for City?

I don't mind having one inside winger if the other is somewhat more traditional. I honestly don't know who to target for LW. If only we'd be able to get Sané. Who would you target Red?
Why not having both wingers in the playing style of ziyech instead of having a good one on one side and a **** one on another side? We should have both wingers in the playing style of ziyech, like what prime Barcelona and Man City had.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m not against this transfer as long as we get Ziyech aswell. Both Fraser and Ziyech have fantastic work rate and solid stats. We could easily get both if the rumours are true and Ziyech is available for 25M.

Next season, I’d rather we keep Reiss Nelson here and let him compete with Fraser & Ziyech. We could then send Iwobi out on loan to try and attract a buyer.

Think it will be the same people who are rating Fraser now telling everyone after two years that Kroenke is giving us enough money but we are not spending it wisely. Funny people on here.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think it will be the same people who are rating Fraser now telling everyone after two years that Kroenke is giving us enough money but we are not spending it wisely. Funny people on here.

Don't see nothing wrong with rating the player who made the most assist this season bruh

TheEconomist

Established Member
I can understand that people might be a bit underwhelmed by Fraser. He isn't a big name signing, but the problem we've had at Arsenal for a long time is we wait and wait for the perfect player with the perfect price who never comes along . Look at Lacazette. We could have signed him years earlier but Arsenal doubted he was an elite player. Turns out he isn't an elite player but he's much better than what we had, and we probably would have been better off buying him earlier (for less money too)

Here's some stats about Fraser:

Apps: 38
Goals: 7
Assists: 14
Dispossessed: 27

Compare with Iwobi:

Apps: 35
Goals: 3
Assists: 6
Dispossessed: 56

Granted, some of iwobis appearances were as a sub so he had less minutes on the pitch, but even then the difference in quality is so clear. You could double Iwobi's goals and assists and they still wouldn't beat Fraser's

I would be happy with this signing if Emery thinks it's a good fit for us. There's probably more exciting players out there. But Fraser looks like a solid option who will give us some end product at a reasonable cost. He would be a much better signing then a lot of our recent transfer dealing and would improve on what we currently have

Reactions: Jae

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I can understand that people might be a bit underwhelmed by Fraser. He isn't a big name signing, but the problem we've had at Arsenal for a long time is we wait and wait for the perfect player with the perfect price who never comes along . Look at Lacazette. We could have signed him years earlier but Arsenal doubted he was an elite player. Turns out he isn't an elite player but he's much better than what we had, and we probably would have been better off buying him earlier (for less money too)

Here's some stats about Fraser:

Apps: 38
Goals: 7
Assists: 14
Dispossessed: 27

Compare with Iwobi:

Apps: 35
Goals: 3
Assists: 6
Dispossessed: 56

Granted, some of iwobis appearances were as a sub so he had less minutes on the pitch, but even then the difference in quality is so clear. You could double Iwobi's goals and assists and they still wouldn't beat Fraser's

I would be happy with this signing if Emery thinks it's a good fit for us. There's probably more exciting players out there. But Fraser looks like a solid option who will give us some end product at a reasonable cost. He would be a much better signing then a lot of our recent transfer dealing and would improve on what we currently have
It’s not about big name. I would rather get a unknown brazilian kid than having Fraser. Fraser is just a **** footballer.

What does stats mean to you?
Ronaldinho can score zero and make no assist, but still be a much better player than walcott.

We already have 2 traditional strikers in our team, and Özil who only focus on playing the final ball. They are not involving enough in the buildup play like firmino, son and kdb would do.
If we get another non-silky player, we will have
6 against 10 in the buildup play. We will get dominated in possession, less chances will be created. Unless you want us to bypass our midfield and play like the ugly boring disgusting stoke, then it might work.

When talking about stats, goals just doesn’t add up like what you think. If it’s the case, then a team of inzaghi, van nistelrooy, huntelaar, klose, gomez, crouch would get you over 100 goals a season. But what’s the problem with that? You have no creator. You will not even score 10 per season with all the above players playing together. With one more direct non-silky player in your team, you will sacrifice some degree of buildup play, possession and chance created.

With Fraser in the team, auba’s number will decrease, laca’s number will decrease. Fraser himself will not assist as much, simply because the team will not be functional. Ziyech is the type of player we should get. With Ziyech and and another skillful winger behind auba and laca, we will have a more balanced team.

Just look at “Furious” post. Sometimes stats really doesn’t mean a lot.
I've watched Fraser closely once in that game vs Sp**s.

No dribbling, didn't really look like creating anything, just crossing. Now I'm looking at his stats from that game and he apparently created 10 chances FFS. :lol:

Must've all been from corners.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What Fraser has to do to be rated on A-M.
  • Assist A LOT less.
  • Score less.
  • Don't work as hard for the team.
  • Be less versatile, forget about being able to play more than one position, he needs to have niche role where the entire team has to be built around his needs.
  • Miss more games during the season because his back is a bit sore.
  • Only perform at a top class level maybe 3/4 times a season, preferably in home games vs the lesser teams like Leicester or Newcastle.
  • Live off past glories.
  • Play more fortnite, including streaming while your team is playing.
  • Have more meetings with dictators.
What Fraser has to do to become a good player.
  • Start practicing some skills
  • Learn how to dribble past one player
  • Play with a football brain and flair, not based his game on hard work.
  • Focus on positioning, movement, and read the game, instead of running around trying to do a bit of everything and leave gaps in our overall team shape
  • Learn to play one two, one touch pass, through pass
  • Learn to play beautiful football, forget about the ugly direct boring **** style

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It’s not about big name. I would rather get a unknown brazilian kid than having Fraser. Fraser is just a **** footballer.

Ronaldinho can score zero and make no assist, but still be a much better player than walcott.

We already have 2 traditional strikers in our team, and Özil who only focus on playing the final ball. They are not involving enough in the buildup play like firmino, son and kdb would do.
6 against 10 in the buildup play. We will get dominated in possession, and less chances will be created: Unless you want us to bypass our midfield and play like the ugly boring disgusting stoke, then it might work.

When talking about stats, goals just doesn’t add up like what you think. If it’s the case, then a team of inzaghi, van nistelrooy, huntelaar, klose, gomez, crouch would get you over 100 goals a season. But what’s the problem with that? You have no creator. You will not even score 10 per season with all the above players playing together. With one more direct non-silky player in your team, you will sacrifice some degree of buildup play, possession and chance created.

With Fraser in the team, auba’s number will decrease, laca’s number will decrease. Fraser himself will not assist as much, simply the team will not be functional. Ziyech is the type of player we should get. With him and and another skillful winger behind auba and laca, we will have a more balanced team.

This post:

giphy.gif

Jae

We already have 2 traditional strikers in our team, and Özil who only focus on playing the final ball.
6 against 10 in the buildup play. We will get dominated in possession, and less chances will be created: Unless you want us to bypass our midfield and play like the ugly boring disgusting stoke, then it might work.

With Fraser in the team, auba’s number will decrease, laca’s number will decrease. Fraser himself will not assist as much, simply the team will not be functional. Ziyech is the type of player we should get. With him and and another skillful winger behind auba and laca, we will have a more balanced team.

Mate, you can't have it both ways. People slag Iwobi's stats off, and they use stats to justify Özil's existence... but when it comes to someone like Fraser "stats really don't mean a lot". Well which is it?

People need to decide whether they want to fill our team with talented players who are inconsistent who have a habit of going missing and don't always perform, or less talented players who are guaranteed to give you a good minimum standard every single game and 100% effort. It's horses for courses at the end of the day but I know which we are lacking at the minute.

I'm not saying I'm all for signing Fraser, it's a little underwhelming to be honest. But I'd rather have a proven premier League player for a reasonable price than some kid I've never heard of from Brazil who might not ever even play for us.

Sp**s and Liverpool have signing for lower PL teams for years (some who were considered awful or underwhelming signings) some of these players are world beaters now.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Apparently he has created 28 big chances this season. The most of any player in the league.

Would love a breakdown of those.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom