• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Remember when he came in here with a speech about precisely how he'd improve every player? Good times.
He improved players tbh, but last few months have been poor.
Lacazette, Bellerin, Xhaka and Iwobi improved by Jan, but then some of these guys capitulated recently like Iwobi and Xhaka.

BobP

Memri Fan
Stale in attack, leaky as ever in defense.

I'm curious to know what Emery's supporters are seeing.

We improved on our points tally from last season and went one step further in the EL.

I wonder what the AKB brigade are seeing...

Gazidis and Wenger left the club with a millstone around its neck, was always going to take time to right the catastrophic mismanagement of preceding years.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1. Chelsea played extremely narrow and cut out our three main players. He didn't do anything

2. Kola was not working at all. Should have hooked him off. Same for Torreira.

3. He is too reactive. The game runs by and he doesn't seem to be making adjustments.

4. Should have hooked or shifted one of Auba/Laca/Özil once he realized that they were being crowded out.

Anyway, he has a season more. Hope to see less mediocrity.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
1. Chelsea played extremely narrow and cut out our three main players. He didn't do anything

2. Kola was not working at all. Should have hooked him off. Same for Torreira.

3. He is too reactive. The game runs by and he doesn't seem to be making adjustments.

4. Should have hooked or shifted one of Auba/Laca/Özil once he realized that they were being crowded out.

Anyway, he has a season more. Hope to see less mediocrity.
As they were crowding out Auba/Laca/Özil, Kola was walking freely most of the time and no one gave a damn about it. He should have made it count.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As they were crowding out Auba/Laca/Özil, Kola was walking freely most of the time and no one gave a damn about it. He should have made it count.
so true! That first missed cutback was a tap in if it had been anyone else like Monreal. I was screaming at him.

He also had two shots
Xhaka had a good shot

For all the abuse, Özil and Auba were scaring their defenders and they left Kola wide open.

We did not take any advantage

Tony's nose

Alot saying why give Emery another season .

But what top class manager would come here no champs football , and a fruit market store budget for transfers.

(Side note josh wearing a blue suit lol ffs)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Stale in attack, leaky as ever in defense.

I'm curious to know what Emery's supporters are seeing.
You have to ask yourself what you expected to see in such a short time with numerous players who aren’t fit to wear the jersey. He simply hasn’t had the time to do anything. Your expectations were too high, it’s a simple as that. You’ve fallen victim to the football fantasy of instant success. Even Manchester City couldn’t get it when they won the lottery.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
No point sacking him tbh, our summer plans are probably already all set and the only good managers available right now are Allegri and Mourinho. Might as well wait until at least middle of season to see if it improves or not. By next summer there could be more managerial options available than now, maybe Veiera will impress more and make a case or Tuchel and the Ajax guy will be available etc.

LGooner98

Unless it is a top manager who will come to manage us, i think emery should be given anther season. This said, i dont know if emery can do the job but i cant see any top guy who will want to manage a team with no CL and no money to rebuild the team

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not saying Emery needs to go but I'm not very optimistic about being at the start of a rebuild with a manager in his last year of his contract and uncertain of his own future here.

Don't want to be in a situation come January where our players could potentially throw the manager under the bus if they know he won't be there the following season.

Ashybashy86

I’ve had my doubts about him since pre-season. When we played Chelsea (ironically), I could see that Sarri had already begun to implement his style on his players. He joined them much later as well.

Yes, the players Emery inherited are awful, but he hasn’t shown me one thing to suggest things will be different next season. No style of play, very one dimensional and an even weaker mentality. We could’ve finished 3rd, but he and the players bottled several opportunities gifted to us. That’s not improvement, it’s same old Arsenal.

I’d take Benitez over this guy any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom