• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Post-Season Discussion 2018/19

Aevi

Hale End FC
A season to forget for me. We came close to some success but never really looked the part imo and fell very spectacularly at the final hurdle.

Highlights for me were beating Tottenham 4-2 and seeing Adidas' kits for next year.

Pivotal moment, to be fair to Emery a bit, was losing Bellerin and Holding in defense when they were both in good form. Losing Ramsey also derailed us completely at the end, though there's no excuse for doing as badly as we did. I think this all would be more digestible if we didn't look so stale most games, it's often not been enjoyable to see us play and I haven't been all too bothered when I've missed games.

6/10

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This year has been way more enjoyable than the last few. Bar a few results but hey that's football.

I'd give this season a 8/10
I'd give Unai a 6/10

I still like Emery, I do, keep Auba and Lacazette one more year and try build from there, massive clear out needed.

I trust Unai.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This season was a 5.5/10 for me. Was ready to give it a passing grade had we qualified for the CL, but the way we seldom looked convincing in games - even when we were unbeaten - had me a bit worried.

The way we completely derailed at tail end of it all was Wenger-esque, tbh.

What worries me most is not Unai. I don't think he's the way forward, but we don't have a lot of manager choices up for grabs anyway. It's the board and higher ups.

They are not gonna back the manager, be it Unai or Arteta or Whoever, in the ambitious way that we need to right now and that for me is the heart of the matter.

My fear is that this time next year we'll be having a similar discussion, searching for another manager and with a squad filled with way to many "just ok" players.

All the while our academy promisses will be looking for moves to to Germany or whatever and we'll be left with not much of a foundation for a proper rebuild.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think I saw a few positives and possibilities for greater improvement but the collapse was just incredibly sad. That said, I didn't even hope we'd get in that position to collapse in the first place given the squad and the issues we've had for years.

Emery still has my backing though and we don't really have better options anyway. I'm positive if we do our job in the transfer window properly we could get going upwards. Very very crucial window.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t think of any positives, would say we’ve gone backwards actually, this also after having 70M worth of improvements to the team from last season.

The football has been the worst since the pre Wenger days.

Beyond the manager, I think the club is lost and just treading water. I have to be consistent, the issues were deeper than Wenger and now they are deeper than Emery, even if he hasn’t covered himself in glory.

I’m struggling for more than a 4/10 and I think im being too fair even with that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Listen, that final, you can’t lose it in that manner. We got battered, team was clueless and Emery had nothing to show as well. It was embarrassing for all concerned. That’s a massive loss for me, a damaging loss even, we were pathetic when all the football eyes were on us. The game was over after 60 minutes ffs.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Listen, that final, you can’t lose it in that manner. We got battered, team was clueless and Emery had nothing to show as well. It was embarrassing for all concerned. That’s a massive loss for me, a damaging loss even, we were pathetic when all the football eyes were on us. The game was over after 60 minutes ffs.
Thought about it and that second half is the worst I've seen, if you factor in the overall context. That's worse then 10-2, 8-2, 6-0, 6-1, 5-0, 5-1 that i've sat through, most quite recently. It was an unforgivably gutless performance.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Tbh, the Carling Cup final felt even worse to me. Though I guess @GDeep™ thought different with his allegiance to both clubs. That season collapse felt actually even worse.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This year has been way more enjoyable than the last few. Bar a few results but hey that's football.

I'd give this season a 8/10
I'd give Unai a 6/10

I still like Emery, I do, keep Auba and Lacazette one more year and try build from there, massive clear out needed.

I trust Unai.
8/10? No wonder Kroenke isn't feeling any heat. Our fans have no standards.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It has been a very disappointing end to the season. Emery didn't cover himself in glory. Inevitably that means next season is make or break for him now.

The most frustrating part is that, right up to the last few weeks of the season we could have achieved our targets. I think this is the reason why most of us are more disappointed than we would have been otherwise. It's such fine margins we lost on. One more win in the league and a good 2nd half display in the final and we would have finished 3rd with a cup. Every single one of us would be elated and calling for Emery to be named manager of the year probably.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

8/10? No wonder Kroenke isn't feeling any heat. Our fans have no standards.

Nah you're missing the point, it's been 8/10 because of the unpredictability, the excitement before the season started having a new manager etc, being in a final, the ups and downs. It's not been a boring season.

Like I said though Unai 6/10.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A very poor season that exposed all the pre season promises as lies and delusion. I looked at the signings and thought they were underwhelming. Sokratis has done slightly better than I hoped and I still have hope for Guendouzi and Torreira but it's been rubbish. This is the first season that I've missed Arsenal games and not been bothered. Emery has no philosophy or the courage of his convictions and seemingly we've no money to compensate for our deficiencies. There's no figurehead at the club that I'm attached too and I actually dislike a lot of our players. I've no optimism for next season or beyond and I'm left hoping that we fail horribly just to get rid of Kroenke. How awful is that? Our youth players are not being given a fair chance either. There's just an endless list of gripes and no way past them. So much was made of our unbeaten (in all comps) run but we were playing horrible football throughout that time and people thought that was ok for a prolonged period as long as the results were good. No wonder we saw the s@!* show we did two days ago! I even got a PM criticising my early season pessimism lol.
Sorry for the miserable post but we've been optimistic about a lot more in the past than we can be atm. We are deluded if we think we are going to fluke a big trophy and kick on.
@GDeep™, the football is worse than pre Graham and @rich 1990, yes we are finished.
Absolute rubbish.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
A very poor season that exposed all the pre season promises as lies and delusion. I looked at the signings and thought they were underwhelming. Sokratis has done slightly better than I hoped and I still have hope for Guendouzi and Torreira but it's been rubbish. This is the first season that I've missed Arsenal games and not been bothered. Emery has no philosophy or the courage of his convictions and seemingly we've no money to compensate for our deficiencies. There's no figurehead at the club that I'm attached too and I actually dislike a lot of our players. I've no optimism for next season or beyond and I'm left hoping that we fail horribly just to get rid of Kroenke. How awful is that? Our youth players are not being given a fair chance either. There's just an endless list of gripes and no way past them. So much was made of our unbeaten (in all comps) run but we were playing horrible football throughout that time and people thought that was ok for a prolonged period as long as the results were good. No wonder we saw the s@!* show we did two days ago! I even got a PM criticising my early season pessimism lol.
Sorry for the miserable post but we've been optimistic about a lot more in the past than we can be atm. We are deluded if we think we are going to fluke a big trophy and kick on.
@GDeep™, the football is worse than pre Graham and @rich 1990, yes we are finished.
Absolute rubbish.
@ paragraph.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom