• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Haven't been on here since the bald man decided to ice Arteta in the back and hand over THE Arsenal to a man who wears a Lacoste track suit when he goes to church.
It has been hard here without you, people on here blame Özil for world hunger and our manager is Jezus come again.

We’ll be a great outsider for Europa league places in two years with Tello-Gameiro-Jesus Navas as our attack force.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Hope this is that daft **** James Benge making **** up.

But I can see it easily being true, the manager didn't give any of the youth a real go this year. With hindsight it's looking like a pathetic decision, specially since his job was secured for the next season regardless of the results.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
its safe to say now that the Gazidis-Raul-Sven team shat the bed totally. Everything that was carefully built up over the years dismantled and replaced by two strikers who cant head the ball and a video-coach.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
EMERY ARMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Sorry bedwetters, just redressing the balance.

One more year at least. Özil gone soon. Sexy.

:drool:
Get real man, Özil is gonna outlast him, he's gonna wring us dry until the last day of his contract unless we can find a London club to take him and his wage.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Get real man, Özil is gonna outlast him, he's gonna wring us dry until the last day of his contract unless we can find a London club to take him and his wage.
All pisstakes aside, rumours are the club are willing to literally dump him anywhere. I trust Mesut is a classy guy, and I really think he is. I don't think he has it in him to dig his heals in. He's had a wonderful career and with time to reflect, doubt very much he'd want to go out on a bench training with kids. Leaving his life and his home will be the most difficult part, as I believe he sees London as his home for the rest of his days.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

All pisstakes aside, rumours are the club are willing to literally dump him anywhere. I trust Mesut is a classy guy, and I really think he is. I don't think he has it in him to dig his heals in. He's had a wonderful career and with time to reflect, doubt very much he'd want to go out on a bench training with kids. Leaving his life and his home will be the most difficult part, as I believe he sees London as his home for the rest of his days.
Mesut left first chance he got when Ancelotti didn’t give him a starting place and Bale was coming, Isco already there. When he got benched here and all the rumours about him leaving came, that whole training pictures campaign followed and his agent speaking about Mesut’s future at Arsenal. You can forget that he’s leaving, he’ll be here longer than Emery, like he should. I take talented footballers over destructive managers any day of the week.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mesut left first chance he got when Ancelotti didn’t give him a starting place and Bale was coming, Isco already there. When he got benched here and all the rumours about him leaving came that whole training pictures campaign and his agent speaking about Mesut’s future at Arsenal. You can forget that he’s leaving, he’ll be here longer than Emery, like he should. I take talented footballers over destructive managers any day of the week.
This shouldn't be an Emery V Özil thing. Real Arsenal fans don't want to see that. We want the best for the club, and Özil being content to suck us dry while knowing he's not in the managers plans, hurts us.

There's a reason why the vast majority of the fan base wants Özil gone. Don't choose to ignore that because you're not a fan of Emery.

But then if you're not a fan of Arsenal, the chances of you warming to any manager who makes life difficult for Özil, are very slim.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Mesut left first chance he got when Ancelotti didn’t give him a starting place and Bale was coming, Isco already there. When he got benched here and all the rumours about him leaving came, that whole training pictures campaign followed and his agent speaking about Mesut’s future at Arsenal. You can forget that he’s leaving, he’ll be here longer than Emery, like he should. I take talented footballers over destructive managers any day of the week.
Özil only has exceptional talent in making the final pass. Everything before that, he is ****.
He is not even half a player of cazorla in terms of technical ability, helping the team in build up, creating chances before that final pass happen.

I love my beautiful football, I like technical players. Hleb, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky, Cazorla, Van perise, Sanchez........but Özil is far from that standard.

So stop saying because Özil is a technical player and emery doesn’t find him good enough, emery must like boring football. No. Özil is not technical enough in the first place. And wenger leave him this squad of non- technical players to have.

Last edited:

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Calling for Emery head is not right unless we find a good replacement, someone who can really work on a tight budget and get the best out of this team (this if we don't make a massive overhaul this summer which is sadly a possibility, giving our wage bill structure and our budget).

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
To play exciting football you need exciting players.

This is the worst Emery side I've ever seen in football quality. His PSG/Sevilla/Valencia teams were playing better football than this current Arsenal side. Creative players like Draxler, Di Maria, David Silva, Banega had great years under Unai.

Wenger couldn't make the same group of players play exciting football in a consistent way too even though he was known for that.

Wenger has played his best football with the like of Cesc Hleb Nasri Wilshere RVP Rosicky. Those players are all on another planet in terms of football IQ and technical abilities. The only player in our squad who could compare to them is Özil, but he's been missing for more than a year.

I think we've massively overrated Sven's work. Leno has been the only signing who was a massive improvement on what we already had.
Torreira and Guendouzi are good signings but they haven't improved us yet in a significant way.
Sokratis is not an improvement on what we already had.

We needed a top quality CB and a winger we haven't got those.

Let's hope Raul & Edu bring better players.

Because with or without Emery, it has become obvious we need much better players.
Emery played attractive football in every single teams he managed, but why not at arsenal?
Did he changed his tactics? No.
Our players are the problem and they are overrated by fans. Yes, Özil, Iwobi, Mkhi are not good enough and are overrated.
This tactics is how Emery has always used, in every teams he managed:
For our general shape, we play as compact as possible vertically, so the distance between our line of defence and our line of attack is short. For horizontal width, we want to use the width as much as possible in attack, but can operate in a more narrow width when defending.

When defending, we try to press the opponent’s buildup, but if it’s not successful, we will retreat instead of sending more players up to press aggressively. Because our wingers and wing backs are pushed so high up the pitch, our defenders are exposed to counter attack. To prevent that, we need both central midfielders to stay in position in order to protect the central area when the opponent starts a counter attack.

In attacking phase, we try to play from the back with a sweeper keeper. Central defenders are positioned wide to receive the ball, deep playmaker will drop deep to provide passing options and distribute the ball to more advanced areas. Wing backs are there to provide width, to put in low crosses. They will be pushed high up the pitch occupying the wingers position.
Wingers who operate behind the striker(s) are suppose to shift inside, to dribble past defenders, play short combinations, and to help overloading the opponent box alongside the striker(s), to score/assist. When they shift inside they take the responsibility of an attacking midfielder/second striker.

Unlike Wenger, Emery would make tactical adjustments in match, normally changing the formation or the positioning of a player, without changing the philosophy, shape and other tactical aspects. He will try to overload specific area of the opponent team, and avoid the vice versa. To avoid being outnumbered when we build up from the back, and try to outnumber the opponent when they try to build up from the back. He also makes decisive early substitutions.

Tactically we have improved a lot. It’s not Emery’s fault that our players individual quality are not good enough.
It’s an attacking tactics and it doesn’t focus on wingbacks. It looks that way because our wingers are ****, and not doing their job properly.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Seeing Liverpool make 3 European finals in a row really makes me want to rewind the clock and not give Wenger his deal after the FA cup win. At that point we could have brought in Klopp or Poch had a decent kitty, CL football and a cup win to rally everyone around.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
This shouldn't be an Emery V Özil thing. Real Arsenal fans don't want to see that. We want the best for the club, and Özil being content to suck us dry while knowing he's not in the managers plans, hurts us.

There's a reason why the vast majority of the fan base wants Özil gone. Don't choose to ignore that because you're not a fan of Emery.

But then if you're not a fan of Arsenal, the chances of you warming to any manager who makes life difficult for Özil, are very slim.

I can't believe there's still any Arsenal fan that is still accepting Özil's BS.
He's ****ting on the club an some fans are still loving him.

It's insane.

Nobody outside of some diehard Özil fans rate him anymore. There isn't a single club who wanted him when his contract was ending. There isn't a single sporting journalist who still rate him highly, or fans from other teams who'd want to have him.

He's been at our club since 2013, and some fans are still finding him excuses "hey he doesn't have runners in front of him" "he doesn't have a great striker in front of him" "this is on the manager his tactic sucks!"
It's never his fault, isn't it?
He's just not as good as we all thought he was anymore.

His contract is a cancer for the club. It's not his fault though, this is on Gazidis and the previous regime.
I wonder what his teammates think about this situation, where he earns ridiculous amount of money and he's not even close to be the best performer at the club.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Emery played attractive football in every single teams he managed, but why not at arsenal?
Did he changed his tactics? No.
Our players are the problem and they are overrated by fans. Yes, Özil, Iwobi, Mkhi are not good enough and are overrated.
This tactics is how Emery has always used, in every teams he managed:

It’s an attacking tactics and it doesn’t focus on wingbacks. It looks that way because our wingers are ****, and not doing their job properly.

I do agree.
Di Maria, Draxler, David Silva, Juan Mata, Banega, even Denis Suarez who isn't on the same league as those players, all thrived under Emery.

When you're a world class talent, your manager doesn't matter that much you should still be able to bring something to the table. Which Özil hasn't.

EmErY's TaCtIcS iS tHe ReAsoN wHy Özil SuCkS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom