• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Comedy comments on here.

So to clarify you want to sell laca and buy a midfielder and winger and we still conceed 50 plus goals next season but potentially score 13 less ourselves.

So expand also on why we need to sell laca. We have just got rid of cech,rambo,litch,welbz so thats 370k in wages. Instead of selling laca for 30mill which someone suggested. why do we not sell mustafi,monreal,kola,neny,sok,xhaka,Özil, chambers, mhky and iwobi as we would get around 130mill for those players and then we can strengthen the areas that are an issue instead of making up stories about how having 2 strikers is the death of arsenal.

LG10

Comedy comments on here.

So to clarify you want to sell laca and buy a midfielder and winger and we still conceed 50 plus goals next season but potentially score 13 less ourselves.

So expand also on why we need to sell laca. We have just got rid of cech,rambo,litch,welbz so thats 370k in wages. Instead of selling laca for 30mill which someone suggested. why do we not sell mustafi,monreal.
Highlighting his goal return weakens your argument lol. 13 goals is nothing, he’s obviously not average just nothing special and not essential. The money could be put to good use, 60-70M would be too good to turn down given our situation. Doubt anyone would want him for that money anyways.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Laca is big game players not always but he been very good at big games this season. Alot of reports we aren't selling either auba or laca unless some big offer comes in.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
? We had the best striker/winger in the league for 3 years .

Right. But he was the first and elite goalscoring wide player we'd signed in about 10 years. Even then I'd argue he's not an out and out wide player and was an opportunistic purchase of a high quality player rather than the execution of a plan to strengthen our tactical wide play.

I guess my point is that, like defence, there are certain areas of the team we've tended to strengthen re actively and hope for the best. Some players might still be beyond hope if we balancing out the squad, but others, like Laca, will benefit greatly from rectifying specific areas such as over reliance on defenders to provide attacking width.

FluffyDoozi

Comedy comments on here.

That's not how it works. It's almost like saying Arsenal>Valencia>Barca. That's a comedy comment right there.
Sure we would lose his 13 goals but maybe a fast winger would chip in a few goals, stretch the opposition and create chances. Maybe they'll make us use our fullbacks deeper and we become less prone to counters. Or a midfielder would give us more control of the ball resulting into less turnovers and more chances created.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isn’t an unsellable asset, but we wouldn’t need to have a clear plan in mind and not repeat the Alexis/Auba window.

Unless we can find a winger that can also cover CF like Mane and Salah than relying on Auba is too risky.

But why is Lacazette treating like a lord when goalwise he’s been no better than Giroud was?

OSBK

Established Member
Highlighting his goal return weakens your argument lol. 13 goals is nothing, he’s obviously not average just nothing special and not essential. The money could be put to good use, 60-70M would be too good to turn down given our situation. Doubt anyone would want him for that money anyways.

13 goals is nothing? So take away laca goals from this season and we are barely mid table.

How would that money get put to good use? I would like to hear how your £60mill is going to turn use into a top 4 and competing team.

So simply from my POV, im not against anyone going for good money. However i could give you 15 names that are sucking up wages and shouldnt be anywhere near our great club that should be sold before we even get to the strikers.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He isn’t an unsellable asset, but we wouldn’t need to have a clear plan in mind and not repeat the Alexis/Auba window.

Unless we can find a winger that can also cover CF like Mane and Salah than relying on Auba is too risky.

But why is Lacazette treating like a lord when goalwise he’s been no better than Giroud was?
FFS. How many times should I post in this thread? Laca is better than Giroud in numbers.

I think with Laca and Auba we are forced to have either one out wide or into some weird 2 strikers system that arent good enough in modern football.

Maybe try Laca as AMC but I can understand if one will be let go in search for better balance.

OSBK

Established Member
That's not how it works. It's almost like saying Arsenal>Valencia>Barca. That's a comedy comment right there.
Sure we would lose his 13 goals but maybe a fast winger would chip in a few goals, stretch the opposition and create chances. Maybe they'll make us use our fullbacks deeper and we become less prone to counters. Or a midfielder would give us more control of the ball resulting into less turnovers and more chances created.

So your telling me that 1 winger solves our defence issues by stretching play and not making our fullbacks go forward. And all this whilst still paying mhky/Özil and iwobi a fortune every week to underperform.

Deffo onto something there pal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think with Laca and Auba we are forced to have either one out wide or into some weird 2 strikers system that arent good enough in modern football.

Maybe try Laca as AMC but I can understand if one will be let go in search for better balance.
We either keep playing 3412 that's we keep look average and boring with it or go 442 and buy 2 wide players or go 442 Diamond but that's mean we'll be open on wings and we'll need to buy quality LB. I think best solution to go 442 and play with wide mid we'll have 2 wingers and Nelson Iwobi as backup

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not against selling him but we have no luck with injuries so I'd keep him. I think as many have said, let's sell those players that are beyond redemption and see what we get. If his head has been turned, then that's another matter.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not to turn into a Giroud debate as that wasn't the point but in what sense? Their league tallies are identical.
This is probably the fifth time I am posting it here. Adding goals and assists, Laca has contributed in one goal higher than Giroud but played 700 minutes lesser than Giroud each of their second season. This Laca produces Giroud numbers is a load of bollocks created by some Laca haters around here. And mind you, Giroud played as a lone striker while Laca was sharing space with Auba. And number of chances created in Giroud's second season was way higher than our last season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is probably the fifth time I am posting it here. Adding goals and assists, Laca has contributed in one goal higher than Giroud but played 700 minutes lesser than Giroud each of their second season. This Laca produces Giroud numbers is a load of bollocks created by some Laca haters around here. And mind you, Giroud played as a lone striker while Laca was sharing space with Auba. And number of chances created in Giroud's second season was way higher than our last season.

Ah all that sounds great. How many points do we get for him playing 700 minutes less?

FluffyDoozi

So your telling me that 1 winger solves our defence issues by stretching play and not making our fullbacks go forward. And all this whilst still paying mhky/Özil and iwobi a fortune every week to underperform.

Deffo onto something there pal
Where did I mention that it would solve our defense problems? And why bring up Mhki or Özil like I am advocating for them to stay and play. I said a fast winger on the flanks who stretches teams, which they aren't
I said it would help alleviate some of them problems on the flanks. So you think of we had a wide player in the profile of say Leroy Sane/Mane Maitland-Niles would be facing 2 against 1 situations for 90 minutes all season?
You think if this Sane/Mane esque players was our creative outlet outwide instead of the full back we wouldn't face more counter attacks?

Auba played on the wing 17 times this season in all competitions, not to mention the times he played there when Laca was subbed on but he still almost scored double Lacas tally.
You honestly don't think that a primarily Centre forward Auba, a faster wide player and generally a better balance wouldn't outweigh the 13 goals of Laca?

Last edited:

FluffyDoozi

Their numbers are identical. In fact career wise Giroud has better stats even if you count Laca's 25 penalties.
Giroud has 88 G/A per game, 124 goals per game, 133 NPG. Laca has 95,123 and 148 respectively career wise.
At Arsenal Giroud has 113 goals/game and 84 g/a per game. Laca has 118 and 83.
Even in France the difference isn't that big despite Laca playing an attacking team, second best in the league and Giroud was playing at Montpelier who had one miracle season before reverting to irrelevance. And not to mention a bit defensive.
Sure, you could say Giroud was playing in a more attacking team but one is a star striker who cost more than 50 million. The difference is supposed to be clear cut.

For what it's worth, I like Laca. I just think we'll have to sacrifice one of the two strikers and he's the lesser one. Still a top player but Auba is the better striker.

Disagreeing on a player you like doesn't make one a hater.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Their numbers are identical. In fact career wise Giroud has better stats even if you count Laca's 25 penalties.
Giroud has 88 G/A per game, 124 goals per game, 133 NPG. Laca has 95,123 and 148 respectively career wise.
At Arsenal Giroud has 113 goals/game and 84 g/a per game. Laca has 118 and 83.
Even in France the difference isn't that big despite Laca playing an attacking team, second best in the league and Giroud was playing at Montpelier who had one miracle season before reverting to irrelevance. And not to mention a bit defensive.
Sure, you could say Giroud was playing in a more attacking team but one is a star striker who cost more than 50 million. The difference is supposed to be clear cut.

For what it's worth, I like Laca. I just think we'll have to sacrifice one of the two strikers and he's the lesser one. Still a top player but Auba is the better striker.

Disagreeing on a player you like doesn't make one a hater.
Comparing total numbers directly misleads us in many ways. Giroud has played through the best years in his career. Laca is yet to. But already Laca has marginally better numbers.

FluffyDoozi

Comparing total numbers directly misleads us in many ways. Giroud has played through the best years in his career. Laca is yet to. But already Laca has marginally better numbers.
Agree that Giroud has 3 years on Laca which are supposed to be the prime years of his career. But it's not like he is a 21 year old. He's now 28. To be elite he'll have to really improve a lot. Make more runs, be ruthless. Generally not a fan of strikers who are constantly attracted to the ball especially with our poverty options outwide. If we had good inside forwards making runs he'd be ideal because his play style like Firmino. Or maybe a goal scoring 10 like Fekir/Griezman.

We have playmaker style wingers. It's better to have someone who moves away from the play with his movements. Don't think Laca offers that. You can just tell by the type of goals he has been scoring, difficult goals but his xG is always low because he doesn't get himself into good positions. Also for someone with elite finishing he takes very few shots in a game. Even at Lyon.
Don't think hes suddenly going to change his game at 28.

If 3 years ago someone had told me that we'd have both Auba and Laca but are debating on if we should sell one, I'd have thought you were mad. But that's what unbalanced recruitment does I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom