• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Klopp got Pool back on track and into two finals first season, improved their league position, and that is without having the chance to sign any players

and then started winning, Heck Mourinho got some silverware with Utd so atleast he was improving on the previous guy, he did shape his team to his liking, they looked like a Mou team but less succesful, we don't look different, still aimless and mistake prone, and perhaps Emery got too little of a style. I advocated for a hairtdryer kinda guy, because even if we were losing I want the guys to fight for it and we don't.

If you are not improving enough you get sacked, we shouldn't be lowering our goals now should we?

And for the love of god, nasri and Cazorla. you lot are smoking way to much dope, like I keep saying to Hydro drugs are bad mkaay?
If you gotta be nostalgic why not be nostalgic of times when we truly were a force and had athletic guys? Wengers only wins the last 10 years have been due to the guy we had who was actually athletic and he is leaving on a free :(

Mental aspect is about if you don't have it in your head you gotta have it in your feet. run ffs. if your silly naive dream of technical beautiful football doesn't work you run harder. motivation beats class and Emery clearly doesn't instill that!
and yes the players have failed in that aspect to but it is easier to change the manager than the whole team
Liverpool finishing 8th in the 1st season with klopp, he played 30 out of 38 games in the league, with a win rate of 43.33% (57.89% for 2nd season, 55.26% for 3rd season, both finishing with 4th in the league)
Emery finish with 2pts behind the 3rd place, with a 55.26% win rate in his 1st season. If we have a Chukwueze instead of an Iwobi, we can easily get a 3rd. Fact is we are packed with **** players, and any manger will need time to solve this problem if they are in charge.

Athletic “footballers”? You just want us to be stoke, don’t you. I HATE BORING FOOTBALL.
See how Man City win the title with beautiful football. We are suppose to be the PL Barcelona who plays the best football in the world. We need more cazorla and nasri in our team, going from them to what we have now are huge steps going backwards.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Liverpool finishing 8th in the 1st season with klopp, he played 30 out of 38 games in the league, with a win rate of 43.33% (57.89% for 2nd season, 55.26% for 3rd season, both finishing with 4th in the league)
Emery finish with 2pts behind the 3rd place, with a 55.26% win rate in his 1st season. If we have a Chukwueze instead of an Iwobi, we can easily get a 3rd. Fact is we are packed with **** players, and any manger will need time to solve this problem if they are in charge.

Athletic “footballers”? You just want us to be stoke, don’t you. I HATE BORING FOOTBALL.
See how Man City win the title with beautiful football. We are suppose to be the PL Barcelona who plays the best football in the world. We need more cazorla and nasri in our team, going from them to what we have now are huge steps going backwards.

If we are Stoke that wins, it doesn't matter

Style over substance is what got us in this predicament to begin with

Klopp improved on the league position Rodgers left them in...

If we are Stoke that wins, it doesn't matter

Style over substance is what got us in this predicament to begin with

Klopp improved on the league position Rodgers left them in...

Defensive formations against bottom half at home and 20% possession against Leicester gets you nothing.

The best teams today are attacking teams. If it will one day be that ultra defense with boring attacking play wins you title I can get on board with it, although I will probably quit watching this boring sport by then.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
People keep talking about placing higher in the league, comparing it to the worst Wenger season EVER, this in top of Emery having a new spine, he should’ve placed higher.
Wenger didn't get sacked because of his worst season EVER though. It was because he went from 2nd to 5th to 6th. There was a steady decline over the last two and a half years of his reign, last season was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Genuinely feared we'd get sucked into a relegation fight at the end of Wengers tenure. We started losing opening matches of the season to mugs and spending long periods fighting our way up the table, even if it was very early. The players were struggling badly under the burden of his position. Punters not going to games.... It was embarrassing. It's like people just have selective memory loss.

Divided_Pie

Brilliant article full of facts and data, thank you for posting. To be fair, it failed to comment on the impacts of the injuries to the back four, and I would have liked to have seen some analysis on the individual contributions of the Xhaka and Mustafi signings to Arsenal's demise, but it is a fantastic piece nonetheless.

For me, I want Emery out not on the basis of the team's overall performance relative to expectations or the previous year, but because a) he won't/can't manage to his players' strengths and thus sets them up for failure, and b) his team is about as enjoyable to watch as the average MLS club.

"Unai Emery took the worst Arsenal defense in Premier League history, the club added £73m worth of new defenders, DMs, and a keeper, and somehow made it worse in terms of total shots and quality allowed, made it the same in terms of errors, and did nothing to the overall goals allowed. In attack, Philippe Auclair said “the notion of pleasure has been taken away from football basically. It’s been extracted surgically by Unai Emery and his players.” Arsenal had two 20-goal a season strikers and one of the top playmakers in Europe and somehow took fewer shots than in 18 years and relied on speculative pops from distance to win games against relegation bound teams."

teamsoutheast

Defensive formations against bottom half at home and 20% possession against Leicester gets you nothing.

The best teams today are attacking teams. If it will one day be that ultra defense with boring attacking play wins you title I can get on board with it, although I will probably quit watching this boring sport by then.

We were conceding way too many goals playing 4-2-3-1 athough we were pretty much free-scoring. Emery HAD to change it up and play 3 CB's. Our overall defending as a team is really poor. We don't win enough battles in midfield and cannot control games from midfield. Emery has never been a 3CB formation manager and prefers a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 but our defensive cohesion is just not good enough to play those formations at the moment.

We were conceding way too many goals playing 4-2-3-1 athough we were pretty much free-scoring. Emery HAD to change it up and play 3 CB's. Our overall defending as a team is really poor. We don't win enough battles in midfield and cannot control games from midfield. Emery has never been a 3CB formation manager and prefers a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 but our defensive cohesion is just not good enough to play those formations at the moment.

So he has never been 3 at the back manager but still opt to go for that kind of defensive formation even after a lot of tries and errors the defense has not improved? He is then even more clueless than before.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Emery HAD to change it up and play 3 CB's.

It's such a myth that 3 CBs instantly give you more defensive stability.

Our overall defending as a team is really poor. We don't win enough battles in midfield and cannot control games from midfield.

That's more like it. But central midfield was left vacated by design at times, Emery crowds the wings to both win balls and attack there.

our defensive cohesion is just not good enough to play those formations at the moment

It didn't get better with a 3 at the back formation, though, which honestly points to overall lack of collective cohesion and structure being the big problem - in defense and attack - and formation being a secondary or tertiary problem.

teamsoutheast

Brilliant article full of facts and data, thank you for posting. To be fair, it failed to comment on the impacts of the injuries to the back four, and I would have liked to have seen some analysis on the individual contributions of the Xhaka and Mustafi signings to Arsenal's demise, but it is a fantastic piece nonetheless.

For me, I want Emery out not on the basis of the team's overall performance relative to expectations or the previous year, but because a) he won't/can't manage to his players' strengths and thus sets them up for failure, and b) his team is about as enjoyable to watch as the average MLS club.

"Unai Emery took the worst Arsenal defense in Premier League history, the club added £73m worth of new defenders, DMs, and a keeper, and somehow made it worse in terms of total shots and quality allowed, made it the same in terms of errors, and did nothing to the overall goals allowed. In attack, Philippe Auclair said “the notion of pleasure has been taken away from football basically. It’s been extracted surgically by Unai Emery and his players.” Arsenal had two 20-goal a season strikers and one of the top playmakers in Europe and somehow took fewer shots than in 18 years and relied on speculative pops from distance to win games against relegation bound teams."

Having fewer shots is neither here nor there for me. We scored 73 goals this season which is the 3rd highest in the league. That's better than Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United who have arguably better attacking units than we do. Only City and Liverpool have better goal scoring records. We also conceded the exact same amount of goals as last season. We have only added 1 additional CB (Sokratis), the main core of CB's and defenders are still here. You cannot expect any difference to be made overnight. Give it at least anoher season or 2 before making a proper judgment.

MustOezil

Under Emery, Arsenal plays dull football, without a sense of philosophy or attacking urgency. The team is incredibly tough to watch and follow, and delivered subpar results against clubs residing in the bottom half of the table.

Emery had 4th wrapped and gifted to him, but has made massive tactical mistakes at the end of the season to deprive us of yet another year of UCL.

Hopefully Salheli, as new as he is at this club, finds the balls to do what any other big club would have done, and sack this clown before he is given another transfer window.

If we do not uproot him, Emery's tenure will be remembered as that of a man who drove out Aaron Ramsey, ostracized Özil and sold Lacazette.

The guy is an embarrassment to our club

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Under Emery, Arsenal plays dull football, without a sense of philosophy or attacking urgency. The team is incredibly tough to watch and follow, and delivered subpar results against clubs residing in the bottom half of the table.

Emery had 4th wrapped and gifted to him, but has made massive tactical mistakes at the end of the season to deprive us of yet another year of UCL.

Hopefully Salheli, as new as he is at this club, finds the balls to do what any other big club would have done, and sack this clown before he is given another transfer window.

If we do not uproot him, Emery's tenure will be remembered as that of a man who drove out Aaron Ramsey, ostracized Özil and sold Lacazette.

The guy is an embarrassment to our club

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We used to mock clubs for sacking managers willy nilly and now we want to do exactly the same thing. Really, after one season, what did you guys expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom