• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think our midfield would be easier to improve and cheaper than people think. Hell, sell Xhaka and get Ander and Rabiot for free. Spend that money on Ziyech.

And if we manage to rid of Özil, Mkhi and probably Iwobi, we have enough for getting in two wingers.

Lose Xhaka for 30m - save 100k a week on the wage bill and inherit 450k plus. Plus Herrera and Rabiot will get better offers than here.

I would take both however.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Lose Xhaka for 30m - save 100k a week on the wage bill and inherit 450k plus. Plus Herrera and Rabiot will get better offers than here.

I would take both however.
Yep. I think our midfield improves significantly with Rabiot and Herrera with Torreira sweeping up behind. Ander is versatile enough to play all across midfield and a very intelligent tactical player. Unlikely we'd be able to get em though I agree.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Did you watch this guy early season? He was a beast.

As I previously said he showed more encouraging signs in that 6months than we've seen from Xhaka.
Torreira was never a beast this season. He was a signing everyone was excited about, is easy to like as he gives his all and that goal against Sp**s obviously only increased his goodwill from the fans. He did have some pretty good games at the start of the season but some people here make it seem like he was dominating the midfield in game after game.

I still believe he will be a very useful player for us but I have been disappointed with how little responsibility he takes on the ball and in the build up.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Torreira was never a beast this season. He was a signing everyone was excited about, is easy to like as he gives his all and that goal against Sp**s obviously only increased his goodwill from the fans. He did have some pretty good games at the start of the season but some people here make it seem like he was dominating the midfield in game after game.

I still believe he will be a very useful player for us but I have been disappointed with how little responsibility he takes on the ball and in the build up.
Because he spent half the time covering Xhaka's short comings. Not just him though. The entire team has to babysit Xhaka.

It's glaringly obvious Torreira has a few levels in him while Xhaka running a little faster or taking a player on or not committing fatal errors is seen as some kind of huge feat in a game. Kind of like Özil.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So hard to sell players when you’re a PL club. Useless they are really wanted by a top club you have sell at half the cost the buying team would want if it was the other way.

Wages also play a part obviously, we need to stop giving **** players twice their worth.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I don’t mind selling Xhaka (and properly replace him) but not at that price. £30m is what Torreira cost us and he’s been outperformed by Xhaka this season.

Mraven

Tbh you could probably sell Xhaka and just replace him with Guendouzi already as the deepest lying midfielder.

This proves why Xhaka is so critical to this team. Look at those final third entry numbers. He’s the only player we have to consistently bring the ball forward.

Comparing visual stats out of scale :rofl:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This proves why Xhaka is so critical to this team. Look at those final third entry numbers. He’s the only player we have to consistently bring the ball forward.

Comparing visual stats out of scale :rofl:

I agree there'd be a drop-off in quality in some areas at first, but in the long-term I think Guendouzi develops into what Xhaka does now but with more mobility. Or just get Rabiot, I don't f*cking know.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can't wait to get rid of Xhaka and Mutsafi. The Error Twins.

giphy.gif

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I really doubt we replace internally. Guendouzi was a great bonus this season but would be insane going into 19/20 with him anything more than a squad player.

Midfield is thin as it is without Ramsey or any competition for Lucas. Looking at potentially three central midfielders this summer with just the Xhaka fee? :confused: That option on Bennacer must look tempting.

Alkane

Xhaka outperforming Torreira?

The guys a liability on the ball when under pressure and has been directly responsible for several goals we’ve conceded. We need a more dynamic midfielder who doesn’t **** their pants when being pressed who will also unshackle Torreira as he’s being restricted by Xhakas limitations

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Xhaka outperforming Torreira?

The guys a liability on the ball when under pressure and has been directly responsible for several goals we’ve conceded. We need a more dynamic midfielder who doesn’t **** their pants when being pressed who will also unshackle Torreira as he’s being restricted by Xhakas limitations
Xhaka has outperformed Torreira more times than not this season, look up the stats. Big performer in important games too. Selling him for just £30m would be a crime when a Torreira level player costs that much these days just to replace.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
This isn't happening. Xhaka is our best midfielder now that Ramsey is gone. That says more about our other options but still..

Secondly, in a world where Fred costs 50 million, why on earth would we sell Xhaka with a long term contract for this amount?

Whether you rate him or not, it would be insane.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Xhaka has outperformed Torreira more times than not this season, look up the stats. Big performer in important games too. Selling him for just £30m would be a crime when a Torreira level player costs that much these days just to replace.

Who gives an actual **** about stats when the blokes giving away the ball and penalties in important games and moments? Silly comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom