• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We (many on this forum) have been praising Leno, Sokratis, Koscielny, Bellerin and Torreira yet our defence has been as leaky as ever. If our defenders are as good as we say they are, our defence wouldn't be so weak.
Bellerin didn't play after the injury, Kos is living on hist past glory and I've barely seen any praise on this forum for Sokratis. Torreira is a great player but his season was ruined once we switched to 3 at the back.
The state of defence is shocking atm, and even if get some new CB in, we will still struggle to make any sort of stability there with Xhaka being on the pitch.

It's more a personnel issue than Emery.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think the club should prepare the team for Jardim and Arteta as assistant for the 2020-21 season, by getting in as many quality young players as possible.

For this season the likes of Carrasco should be brought in to help us to a top four place and perhaps the Europa League this time.

Emery is a good transition manager, preventing us from sliding further down the table. That said, we need more changes that just at management level. The upper structures of the club need proper football people.

Dregen57

"I watched Emery in training & I was impressed. It was very, very intense. He is right into the players, demanding high standards, every single pass has got to be right. He's a winner. He is really driving people, & the players have got to adapt." - Ray Parlour

Preacher

Always Crying
As long as these players will stack big minutes on the pitch, we will be defensively suspect and nothing will help us:

Mustafi 2617 min (3rd among all the players)
Xhaka 2502 min (5th)
Kolasinac 1891 min (10th)
AMN +Lichtsteiner 1927 min.

You can have one defensively suspect player in the starting 11, but then you have 3 or 4 at the same time, you're f*cked. We need to get rid Mustafi, Xhaka and Kolasinac asap.
AMN had a lot of good games, but at the same time he had as many bad ones. You don't know what you get from him on a given night. It was his first full season in senior team, when he got more minutes on the pitch. He'll get better with time, but he isn't starting material yet.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
"I watched Emery in training & I was impressed. It was very, very intense. He is right into the players, demanding high standards, every single pass has got to be right. He's a winner. He is really driving people, & the players have got to adapt." - Ray Parlour
That's all fine, but it also explains why he's not the right man for the job. We don't need a winner at this point as there is nothing we can win with this squad. We need a man with a long term vision who can develop players, someone who will sacrifice short term results to develop new generation. And yeah, it's not like Emery had any results here, but at the same time he didn't develop anything.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think when everything is said and done Emery him self knows when you take Kroenke, Wenger, the players and the fans it was very bad performance from him this season and he will need to up his game for next season a lot if he wants to survive longer in this job.

Yeah next season is the real judgement year. By the start of the season
That's all fine, but it also explains why he's not the right man for the job. We don't need a winner at this point as there is nothing we can win with this squad. We need a man with a long term vision who can develop players, someone who will sacrifice short term results to develop new generation. And yeah, it's not like Emery had any results here, but at the same time he didn't develop anything.

The problem is football doesn't allow for you to be dropping down to 7th or 8th for 3 or 4 seasons while youth develops. There's also no guarantee that all the youth players will be good enough. And any that are will be bought by teams who are winning trophies at that given moment.

We do need youth but we need 2-3 players at their peak now who can improve our 11. And that for me needs to be at the back. Left back and centre back is urgent.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The problem is football doesn't allow for you to be dropping down to 7th or 8th for 3 or 4 seasons while youth develops. There's also no guarantee that all the youth players will be good enough. And any that are will be bought by teams who are winning trophies at that given moment.

We do need youth but we need 2-3 players at their peak now who can improve our 11. And that for me needs to be at the back. Left back and centre back is urgent.
Who said anything about dropping? Do you really think that having Mkhi, Elneny, Lich, Welbz, Mustafi, Kola etc. have any positive impact on our squad?

You need to understand where we are now... The difference between Arsenal and mid/bottom table teams are 3-4 players: Leno, first half season Torreira, Laca and Auba, everybody else is replaceable, even by younger players. There's no quality difference between Xhaka and Douzi, Lich and AMN, ESR and Mkhi or Elneny and Willock. The only difference is contracts weight and resale value.
Even if all of them fail, which I highly doubt, they can be sold much easier that deadwood squadies that we currently have, and most important for more money.

I'm all for getting 3-4 top quality players in, but squad roles should only be used by players we are developing. I don't want to see ever again here Kola and Elneny coming in 20 minutes before end, and Willock or ESR getting zero minutes. That's something I hate about Emery and is the main reason why he won't bring us to the top again. He doesn't see further than 20 minutes ahead.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What label would you have stuck on him if he got an extra point last season?

Look, it would have probably changed the discussion somewhat I'll admit that Jury. Fine lines, and unfortunately Emery was on the wrong side this time.

That said, if we look honestly at the work done this season, I do feel that there is a lot that needs work on. I cannot see enough to convince me, at this stage, that Emery has what it takes to convert us into an all round side, heavily influenced by the style and character we are now known for, thanks to Wenger.

I threw in that last part, just to test your composure ;)

Seriously though, I hope Emery proves me wrong and with proper support upstairs starts putting together a squad that actually plays football, in addition to smart tactical work against each new opponent. We should be able to see some semblance of improved structure by December-January. If not... then it should be his last season.

Ganduzi

Is there any other "top" club in europe that would have accepted this end to the season?

Bottled an easy opportunity to finish in the top 4 by getting 4 points from Watford/Everton/Leicester/Brighton/Crystal Palace/Wolves. Humiliated 4-1 in the europa final against a poor chelsea ravaged by injuries. On top of that we haven't improved defensively at all. We are defensively worse than wengers last season despite spending 70 mill on purely defensive players. On top of that our attack is one dimensional and relies on cutbacks via a pub player like kolasinac.

The fact we haven't sacked this fraud just shows that our new head of football is just as much of a joke as gazidis. I would genuinely rather let freddie take over for next season and go for the next top manager that becomes available

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I've said my piece on Emery 1000 times over so, for now, I'm just going to wait and see what happens in the summer and over the next season.

I hope I'm wrong but I genuinely think we're in for more of the same.

Last edited:

OneAW!

Bellerin didn't play after the injury, Kos is living on hist past glory and I've barely seen any praise on this forum for Sokratis. Torreira is a great player but his season was ruined once we switched to 3 at the back.
The state of defence is shocking atm, and even if get some new CB in, we will still struggle to make any sort of stability there with Xhaka being on the pitch.

It's more a personnel issue than Emery.

They were a lot better last season under Wenger. Wenger did more with them in six months than Emery did in a year. Next season will only underline this. Especially if Wenger takes a top job at a club like Bayern.

OneAW!

Ray Parlour works for the club, he has to say that. You will never see someone connected to the club take a **** on a new manager.
Get a job, Arsène, you bum.
If so many clubs want Wenger why is he still jobless?

Seen what Emery's done and I'm waiting for the phone to ring!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom