• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

New day, new list:

In: Everton (€40m), Ziyech (€25m), Tielemans (€40m), Tierney (€25m), Hermoso (€20m), Saliba (€25m), Claude-Maurice (€13m), Martinelli (€7m), Aarons (€15m) = €210m

Out: Cech, Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson, Welbeck, Ramsey (free), Smith-Rowe, Amaechi, Nketiah, (loan), Ospina (€3m), Koscielny (€5m), Osei-Tutu (€5m), Mustafi (€15m), Bielik (€2m), Chambers (€20m), Kolasinac (€25m), Elneny (€10m), Xhaka (€40m), Özil (€10m), Mkhitaryan (€15m), Asano (€2m), Iwobi (€25m) = €177m, £1.4m wages

Net:
€33m (leaves some budget for a potential higher profile signing)

Everton - Aubameyang - Ziyech
Willock/Guendouzi - Torreira - Tielemans
Tierney
- Hermoso - Holding - Bellerin
Leno​

Saka/Martinelli - Lacazette - Nelson
Willock/Guendouzi - Maitland-Niles - Claude-Maurice
Monreal - Saliba - Sokratis - Aarons
Martinez​

Not sure Willock or Guendouzi are ready for a starting role

jeremypkw

That ****ing time of the year again.

I don't want much, but I do want players that allow us to shift to four at the back.

OUT:
Welbeck, Ramsey, Lichtsteiner, Cech FREE
Mustafi 15M
Chambers 15M
Koscielny 7M
Monreal 2M
Özil 10M
Bielik 5M

IN:
Carrasco 25M
Tierney 25M
Andersen 20M
Tielemans 40M
Martinelli 9M
= 119M

Tielemans would be perfect at Arsenal.
His technique and vision are brilliant and he took to the PL instantly.

Carrasco & Tierney are a massive improvement on our left hand side.
Tierney would be my preference for Left Back anyway, but if we sign Carrasco, he's almost a requirement. Super disciplined.

Andersen is the exact type of modern Centre Back we should be targetting.
So many times last season our midfielders had to drop so ****ing deep to get things going. He'll work in tandem with Torreira and allow Tielemans + Niles/Guendouzi the ability to get forward.

lineup.png

Love the look of this team. Top 4 material without a doubt.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I don't want much, but I do want players that allow us to shift to four at the back.

OUT:
Mustafi 15M
Chambers 15M
Koscielny 7M
Monreal 2M
Özil 10M
Bielik 5M

IN:
Carrasco 25M
Tierney 25M
Andersen 20M
Tielemans 40M
Martinelli 9M
= 119M

Tierney would be my preference for Left Back anyway, but if we sign Carrasco, he's almost a requirement. Super disciplined.

So many times last season our midfielders had to drop so ****ing deep to get things going. He'll work in tandem with Torreira and allow Tielemans + Niles/Guendouzi the ability to get forward.

lineup.png

Not bad at all, certainly looks far more balanced than anything we have seen for a few years.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

OUT:
Mustafi 15M
Chambers 15M
Koscielny 7M
Monreal 2M
Özil 10M
Bielik 5M

IN:
Carrasco 25M
Tierney 25M
Andersen 20M
Tielemans 40M
Martinelli 9M
= 119M

lineup.png

Good post and lovely team, would play Xhaka before Niles though

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Being realistic, we won't let go of the amount of players we should, we won't buy as many as we should. With a view to also promoting youth, I think we are looking at a LB, CB, CM and WF.

There is a lot of talk of Carrassco, but is there any point if we are not selling one of Lacazette or Auba?

Loan: Nketiah. Mavropanos.

With only £45 million to spend I would supplement that by selling, Chambers £20m, Mustafi £15m, Elneny £10m, Ospina £2m, Monreal £4m, Özil (loan with half wages paid). So you are roughly looking at £96 million. Take off Martinelli and we are at £90m.

I think
GK: Leno, Martinez
RB: Bellerin, ????
CB: ?????, Sokratis
CB: Holding, Koscielny
LB:???????, Kolasinac
DM: Torreira, Xhaka
CM:???????, Guendouzi
CM:Willock/Iwobi/AMN/ESR
LM: ????????
RM: Nelson, Miki
CF: Auba, Lacazette

LM: I would go for Claude-Maurice. He is cheap, he has potential, he has the skill set and we simply cannot afford to spend big money when you consider keeping both forwards. He can also dribble. £11m

Down to £79 m

LB: Tierney is linked and would cost £20m roughly. Can we pluck someone from somewhere unknown for cheaper though? Andy Robertson came from Hull. Is there no left back in the world that we can get for £9 m? I am going for an unknown here.

Down to £70m

Time to go big. We have two key positions that can have a massive impact on the team. £70m spend on a CB and CM would transform the club. Spank £45m on Partey and play him in a 3. That allows you to play a young player as the third midfielder.

Down to £25m

A young CB who can play RB. Saliba or Kounde I'd say. Blood them in at right back at the start until Bellerin comes back, then phase them into CB over the season.

-----------------------------------Leno

-Bellerin---------Saliba/Sokratis----Holding/Kos-----Unknown/Kola

----------------------------------Torreira/Xhaka

--------------------Partey/ AMN----------Iwobi/Douzi/Willock/ESR

Nelson/Miki-------------------------------------------------Claude-Maurice

-------------------------------- Auba/Laca

The squad can also play a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
New day, new list:

In: Everton (€40m), Ziyech (€25m), Tielemans (€40m), Tierney (€25m), Hermoso (€20m), Saliba (€25m), Claude-Maurice (€13m), Martinelli (€7m), Aarons (€15m) = €210m

Out: Cech, Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson, Welbeck, Ramsey (free), Smith-Rowe, Amaechi, Nketiah, (loan), Ospina (€3m), Koscielny (€5m), Osei-Tutu (€5m), Mustafi (€15m), Bielik (€2m), Chambers (€20m), Kolasinac (€25m), Elneny (€10m), Xhaka (€40m), Özil (€10m), Mkhitaryan (€15m), Asano (€2m), Iwobi (€25m) = €177m, £1.4m wages

Net:
€33m (leaves some budget for a potential higher profile signing)

Everton - Aubameyang - Ziyech
Willock/Guendouzi - Torreira - Tielemans
Tierney
- Hermoso - Holding - Bellerin
Leno​

Saka/Martinelli - Lacazette - Nelson
Willock/Guendouzi - Maitland-Niles - Claude-Maurice
Monreal - Saliba - Sokratis - Aarons
Martinez​

Auba has shown time and time again that he is not a lone striker type

While team is better with him at LW and Laca at cf

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
RB has to be priority. When Pool, Sp**s, Chelsea Palace Everton and West Ham all have 2 RBs each better than any of ours you know theres a problem. Epescially when 90% of our opposition main tactic is to go down our right flank as it's our weak link. I would quite happily spend our entire budget on Wan Bisska.

After RB it will depend on what formation Emery would like to play going forward.

If we were to keep using 3 at that back then bringing in 2 replacements for Nacho (is his contract up?, I would happily extend it), Kos (still proved he is quality CB last season but too old and injury plone) Mustafi (his third season with us and his worst season yet).

If we are to go 3 in midfield then I woud want a well rounded, technically gifted and hard working CM such as Praet or Banega or Bentancur or Bennacer or Paredes to partner Xhaka and Torreira.

If we are to go with a CF with two wide forwards again we have to bring in an upgrade on Iwobi to partner Laca CF and PEA on the other wing. I would like a flashy, skilful , good dribbling winger full of tricks such as Carasco or Neres.

Kanonier

In

William Saliba (CB)
Joachim Andersen (CB)
Yannick Carrasco (LW)
Franck Kessié (CM)
Kieran Tierney (LB)

Out

Nacho Monreal
Skodran Mustafi
Henrikh Mkhitarian
Laurent Koscielny
Mohammed Elneny
Carl Jenkinson

Promote Youth Players to First Team

Eddie Nketiah
Emile Smith-Rowe
Reiss Nelson
Xavier Amaechi
Bukayo Saka

Loan

Kristian Byelik
Konstantinos Mavropanos
Calum Chambers

Last edited:

Kanonier

GK: Leno/Martinez
LB: Tierney/Kolasinac
CB: Sokratis/Holding
CB: Andersen/Saliba
RB: Maitland Niles/Bellerin
LW: Carrasco/Iwobi
CDM: Torreira/Guendozi
CM: Kessié/Xhaka
CAM: Özil/Smith-Rowe
RW: Nelson/Amaechi
FW: Lacazette/Nketiah
FW: Aubameyang/Saka

ChefMan21

In - Dangote

Out - Kroenke & his cabal of underlings.
Yes, I like this idea. Kroenke is old - need a fresh new billionaire to help the club.

Top 5 would be:

1. Sergey Brin (filthy rich, good with searches, so will help with scouting)
2. Ma Huateng (filthy rich, has a great communications technology at hand, so we can stop being mushrooms where we're fed **** and kept in the dark)
3. Jack Ma (filthy rich, great at selling ****, so he can sell the club to players, season tickets to the wilfully blind, and expensive merchandise to the rest of us)
4. Giovanni Ferrero (filthy rich, into chocolate, and I know some of us comfort eat after a loss.)
5. Vladimir Putin (filthy, filthy rich (probably), is one scary mofo, and let's be fair, if Putin's our owner then we own Chelsea because Putin owns Abramovich)

Keen also to help Mackenzie Bezos to diversify.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yes, I like this idea. Kroenke is old - need a fresh new billionaire to help the club.

Top 5 would be:

1. Sergey Brin (filthy rich, good with searches, so will help with scouting)
2. Ma Huateng (filthy rich, has a great communications technology at hand, so we can stop being mushrooms where we're fed **** and kept in the dark)
3. Jack Ma (filthy rich, great at selling ****, so he can sell the club to players, season tickets to the wilfully blind, and expensive merchandise to the rest of us)
4. Giovanni Ferrero (filthy rich, into chocolate, and I know some of us comfort eat after a loss.)
5. Vladimir Putin (filthy, filthy rich (probably), is one scary mofo, and let's be fair, if Putin's our owner then we own Chelsea because Putin owns Abramovich)

Keen also to help Mackenzie Bezos to diversify.

The only one of those who could possibly dislodge Kroenke is Putin & he's got greater concerns than a declining football club.

TornadoTed

Established Member
GK: Leno/Martinez
LB: Tierney/Kolasinac
CB: Andersen/Saliba
RB: Maitland Niles/Bellerin
LW: Carrasco/Iwobi
CDM: Torreira/Guendozi
CM: Kessié/Xhaka
CAM: Özil/Smith-Rowe
RW: Nelson/Amaechi
FW: Lacazette/Nketiah
FW: Aubameyang/Saka

I reckon we are a shoe in top 4 if we play 12 players every week! In all seriousness I would be happy with pretty much all those ins and outs.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Allegri's taking a year off. So it could end up being perfect timing. Ideal would be Emery gets us back into the CL (whether through top 4 or that winning that horrible competition) and we thank him for his work and appoint Allegri to make us competitive again.

Andrés

GK: Leno/Emiliano
RB: Bellerin/AMN *(or Meunier)*
CB: *Saliba*/*Andersen* *(or Manolas)*
LB: *Tierney*/Kolasinac
CDM: Torreira/Xhaka
CM: Guendouzi/AMN/Willock
CAM: *Praet* *(Ziyech would be perfect)*/ESR
LW: Aubameyang/Iwobi/Saka
RW: *Carrasco*/Nelson
ST: Lacazette/Nketiah