• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,025

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianGooner1608

The demographic statistics are not even close to being the same.

If we're talking sheer numbers, I'd agree with you of course.

Canadians have a similar history to Americans though, as far as race goes. None of us are really from here (aside from Natives). We both depended heavily on immigration to build our countries.

I'll take Montreal as an example after a quick research We have about 31%of the population belonging to a visible minority, 48% being of european ancestry.

Boston (taken as an example, because similarly a student's city, kind of a neighbour, roughly the same size) has a 52% european descent people, for 41% visible minorities.

Didn't dig enough to know what the remaining percentages mean, but my guess is it would include biracial, and/or the infamous "others".

Statistically speaking, our demographics aren't hugely different in my view, but I totally get that they would seem to be in your view, and it's a conversation I welcome as long as it doesn't get overly political/nasty :) New-York/Toronto stats could be interesting too.

For reference, used this as my source: http://worldpopulationreview.com

Don't ask me if it's reliable or not. Just used the first one that wasn't wikipedia.

CanadianGooner1608

As good as any. Have a few friends who went to the states on college/university scholarships. Could never make in here but had wonderful times there learning and playing and trying to improve football/soccer that side of the world.

They must have had a tough time of it lol. Although it's getting better, football still isn't liked.

I TRIED really tried getting behind Montreal's MLS team, but that was a dreadful experience. I did get to run into Sagna and his wife recently though, so I guess there are perks to being a retirement club.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Canadians have a similar history to Americans though, as far as race goes. None of us are really from here (aside from Natives). We both depended heavily on immigration to build our countries.

I'll take Montreal as an example after a quick research We have about 31%of the population belonging to a visible minority, 48% being of european ancestry.

Boston (taken as an example, because similarly a student's city, kind of a neighbour, roughly the same size) has a 52% european descent people, for 41% visible minorities.

Didn't dig enough to know what the remaining percentages mean, but my guess is it would include biracial, and/or the infamous "others".

Statistically speaking, our demographics aren't hugely different in my view, but I totally get that they would seem to be in your view, and it's a conversation I welcome as long as it doesn't get overly political/nasty :) New-York/Toronto stats could be interesting too.

Don't ask me if it's reliable or not. Just used the first one that wasn't wikipedia.

The natives are not really from Canada either with your way of thinking. Its not like they have been there since day 1.

This thread will be so much better when people stop asking me to stop because I believed in the 40 M transfer kit rumors and when Raul and Emery come back from vacation and start to earn their salary!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Your examples are just urban areas, but even then the US still takes the cake. Even the country as a whole shows blocks of different minorities states across. But it's whatever, dude. I'm not a fan of identity politics anyways.

CanadianGooner1608

The natives are not really from Canada either with your way of thinking. Its not like they have been there since day 1.

Very true. Originally, we were all in Africa (as far as we know, except for creationists, but that's a whole different story which I wont touch).

Point is, in terms of stats, as far as my admittedly limited research went, we aren't as different aside from sheer numbers.

I'm always happy to be proven wrong though. Love those conversations, I find them enriching. Although we might be straying a bit too far from the thread title lol

CanadianGooner1608

Your examples are just urban areas, but even then the US still takes the cake. Even the country as a whole shows blocks of different minorities states across. But it's whatever, dude. I'm not a fan of identity politics anyways.

Again, good point. Didn't want to go into too much detail, but probably will research this on my own as a "side project" for the hell of it.

I will agree that identity politics aren't my cup of tea either. Just was intrigued by your metrics comment and went looking for them. Just my nature to research everything ^^

CanadianGooner1608

That's good, eh

Innit, m8.

Look at the countries that draw attention: the U.S, Iran, U.K (even more so since Brexit or when a royal baby is born for better or worse), Israel/Palestine, NK, etc... Somehow, it seems like world attention means either you're in a mess, or it creates the mess. Either way, you're f**ed.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Innit, m8.

Look at the countries that draw attention: the U.S, Iran, U.K (even more so since Brexit or when a royal baby is born for better or worse), Israel/Palestine, NK, etc... Somehow, it seems like world attention means either you're in a mess, or it creates the mess. Either way, you're f**ed.
Did you just compare us to Iran?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom