• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People are saying the fee is too much but if he has one good season, his value will basically immediately double. Even if he has a meh couple of seasons and doesn't really work out, he's a 6'4 young CB with potential -we would more or less recoup the fee I'd imagine.

I agree with the theory, but I think the fee should be 20m tops. Once you get to 30m it's quite feasible that you wouldn't recoup that if he had a terrible couple of years and you needed to sell.

Saliba is a good target because we need to be targeting talented young players before they become too expensive. But if you're paying nearly 30m then it sort of defeats the object of the exercise, cos 30m is already a lot.

Malky

Established Member
Errrm are you not aware of the austerity measures currently at the club?

We can't blow the majority of our budget on a player we can't use.
Yes I'm aware we're on a tight budget, but there's no way the club will be expected to pay it all upfront to then loan him straight back, at the very, very most we should be expected to pay half of the agreed fee.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
No news could be good news. Could mean the reports about him being close to joining was true and that the clubs are working on an agreement. Prefer if he joins straight away but if they won`t budge on the loan back we should still not hesitate.

StefanB

If the price is a loan for 6-12 months then just do it. Sokratis, Holding, Koscielny and Chambers (+ Bielik and Mustafi) should be enough for this coming season anyway.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
If the price is a loan for 6-12 months then just do it. Sokratis, Holding, Koscielny and Chambers (+ Bielik and Mustafi) should be enough for this coming season anyway.

Holding has been injured for a long time and needs time to reach his best shape. Koscielny is old and frail. Chambers doesnt really convince me. Bielik has basically never played on the top level. Mustafi is highly unreliable. We need a new cb now.

Alkane

-Holding coming back from a huge injury lay-off- no idea if he comes back the same or takes time to get used to playing regularly again.

-Koscielny - more and more injury concerns, in decline. Cannot be relied upon to be fit full time

- Sokratis - a good CB prone to cards will miss games through suspension

- Chambers - no idea on his level, has just been relegated with Fulham

And then we’re left with Mustafi and Bielik. One a walking calamity and the other completely unproven at PL level

Our defence was our undoing last season and if we go into this coming one with those aforementioned options it will again end in tears. Those CB options are just not top 4 quality

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Nothing will be announced until July, could be all done for all we know.

We’re not going to reveal a player in a puma kit.
When United signed Luke Shaw, they unveiled him with a Nike kit even though their Adidas deal was kicking in a few weeks later. Might still be able to get it done before July.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There is like 55 days left window as long we make signings i don't prefer when the important we get them in and make the sale so we have about 2 months to do it. people should stay patience we our club how slow they move.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It actually might pay to move slowly this summer. Secure the likes of Martinelli, Maurice and Salibah and then see who becomes available. Could be yard sales at Europeans elite clubs and bargains could be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom