• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,668

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexagon9

Heard this before, then its "still like 3 weeks left" then its "we always wait until the last few days to get a better deal" then it's Mustafi and Xhaka starting and Emery has @THunter's blood on his hands.
......and then panic/get conned into either paying over the odds or offering a daft contract. Or both!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
High expectations.

The outgoings are going to be minimal, and with bums like Fraser, Carrasco, etc. Being the best players we've been linked to, it's hard to see this window go past 4/10.

I'm just curious as to why you consider Carrasco to be a bum. Is it that you did not rate him at all at Monaco/Atletico?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'm just curious as to why you consider Carrasco to be a bum. Is it that you did not rate him at all at Monaco/Atletico?

Just a combination of everything really. Going to China, selfish player, not one to take us to the next level, etc.

Maybe I've still not come to terms that this is our level.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On this Szoboszlai link, has there been any top talent for RB Salzburg that didn't first go to RB Leipzig recently? I know Mane went to Soton from there, but I think Leipzig was still in 2. Bundesliga back then. Not buying this link at all.

Well last summer Amadou Haidara went to Leipzig for £17m and Duje Caleta-Car went to Marseille for £17m. There were no other transfers to Leipzig. Our relationship with Leipzig is quite good, due to the ESR loan. I don't think they would prevent us from signing Szoboszlai if we went in for him.

We were also linked with him in January I believe. I don't think I have seen a more impressive youtube compilation recently. He is tall, strong, has decent pace, he can dribble and beat a man with a stepover, long passes, short passes and his shooting technique is insane. What we can't see is his stamina, defensive positioning, tackling ability and aerial ability. If he has all of those things, then he is a complete midfielder available for a very good price and even though he is young, he has played a lot of first team football.

Preacher

Always Crying
High expectations.

The outgoings are going to be minimal, and with bums like Fraser, Carrasco, etc. Being the best players we've been linked to, it's hard to see this window go past 4/10.
At best is the key phrase. There is good chance that it'll be 4/10 as you say. Nothing will suprise me anymore, even 1/10. We're fans of Arsenal, we witnessed some mind-boggling sh*t over the years.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Most of our links are dross. Young players aside.

Carrasco and Fraser are dross. Decent players but as our top signings in 2020? Something has gone wrong at this club.

What players do you think we should be in for in these positions?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Fully expect this window to be a 4/10 also.
Don't feel like getting my hopes up that we are actually getting any of the few names that were mentioned and that are actually exciting.

Saliba, Kabak, Tierney, Martinelli, Szoboszlai and a big guy like Partey would probably be my 9-10/10 out of what a perfect window would look like based on what level of expectation we've arrived at.

Would be especially good for me, because it would at least show a clear path that we are following now.

Ain't gonna happen though..

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Does Guendouzi's first season at Arsenal give any hope despite concerns over Szoboszlai?
A little. He’s a young midfielder who came from a weaker league and was able to make an immediate impact, but that’s the only similarity. Guendouzi is feisty, he’s combative, he’s aggressive.

Szoboszlai is none of those things right now.

One day he’ll be good enough to play in that arena but right now, while his speed of thought isn’t quick enough to evade the physicality, he’ll likely struggle.

The above comments are from a Hungarian journalist. H seems adamant that he is not ready to play in the Premier League. Not good in tight spaces and is weak physically. Not good.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Think we’ll be stuck with Mkhi, Özil, and Mustafi for another season. I’ve personally accepted this already.

But if we can get rid of Jenkinson, Elneny, and Ospina, then we’re on a decent start with the clear out if you add it to the players we’ve already released (barring Ramsey of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom