• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,367

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
whoever is not in our plans should be said that. if they choose to stay so be it, they have a right to.
still, it doesn't mean they should play then.
so, if Özil or Musti want to collect them paychecks ok, good luck finding any club in 2 years from now, with no football till then

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Is it not standard for a manager to tell a player he won't be in his plans and that they should go search for a new club?

#GetMustafiOut

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil, Mkhitaryan, Kolasinac, Mustafi and Xhaka.

Best part of £1m a week on that lot. :drool:

I wouldn't get rid of Miki or Kola. Kola is okay as a back up. Miki can still be an impact player and will be difficult to shift. He has goals in him and he can change a game.

Mustafi and Xhaka would be huge. We need to get rid of them. They both cost us goals and they both cost us a load of money. We need to replace Mustafi with a starting centre back who isn't physically insecure. We then either a proper DM like Sangare or a proper technician who is completely press resistant.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't get rid of Miki or Kola. Kola is okay as a back up. Miki can still be an impact player and will be difficult to shift. He has goals in him and he can change a game.

Mustafi and Xhaka would be huge. We need to get rid of them. They both cost us goals and they both cost us a load of money. We need to replace Mustafi with a starting centre back who isn't physically insecure. We then either a proper DM like Sangare or a proper technician who is completely press resistant.
Mkhi and Kolasinac are costing the club a good £250-300k a week between them. Can’t have squad players on those wages in the position we’re in, especially when they’re both crap.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi and Kolasinac are costing the club a good £250-300k a week between them. Can’t have squad players on those wages in the position we’re in, especially when they’re both crap.

I appreciate that. But we need to make at least 4 starting additions. CB, CM, LB, WF. To make squad additions on top of shifting everyone out would be too difficult for this club. I would settle for 4 starting additions plus Saliba. Then get rid of Özil, Xhaka and Mustafi. Let Nelson and Saka battle with Miki so we can sell him next summer. Scout for a young left back to replace Kola next summer aswell.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
This is the most depressing summer so far. We've never needed that much of acquisitions, and so far, there hasn't been a single exciting link which could improve us right away.

Maybe we're waiting for Edu to start doing our business.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This is the most depressing summer so far. We've never needed that much of acquisitions, and so far, there hasn't been a single exciting link which could improve us right away.

1st of July mate

Preacher

Always Crying
Amy Lawrence: Arsenal are adopting an Ajax model. Blending experience with youth and hiring former players to implement core values of club into training and infrastructure.

Need to sell some senior player, who are blocking our youth asap.

Wilshero

Amy Lawrence: Arsenal are adopting an Ajax model. Blending experience with youth and hiring former players to implement core values of club into training and infrastructure.

Need to sell some senior player, who are blocking our youth asap.
So we're moving on from the Leicester model then?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine a few years ago it came out that we were copying Ajax's model, people would absolutely lose their minds. Now Ajax have one good run in the CL after nearly 2 and a half decades of being completely irrelevant and we have to copy them? Not only that but Ajax have a history of producing several top quality players from their academy and even then it's not like it's every single year a new world class talent comes through.

If we're going all in and hoping that Emile Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Bielik, Nketiah, Maitland-Niles, etc all become top class and good enough to be starters then it's an incredibly naive way of thinking. Seems to me that we're probably going this route as a money saving exercise rather than it genuinely being a group of a special talents ready made for the first team in the next couple of seasons.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The Arsenal hierarchy copy whatever fad that's in right now. When Bayern was doing well Gazidis was namedropping them, when Leicester won the league he came out and said we need to emulate them. So now that Ajax have had a good year, it shouldn't surprise anyone if the people at the club decided they are the latest club we need to imitate.

Imagine a few years ago it came out that we were copying Ajax's model, people would absolutely lose their minds. Now Ajax have one good run in the CL after nearly 2 and a half decades of being completely irrelevant and we have to copy them? Not only that but Ajax have a history of producing several top quality players from their academy and even then it's not like it's every single year a new world class talent comes through.

If we're going all in and hoping that Emile Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Bielik, Nketiah, Maitland-Niles, etc all become top class and good enough to be starters then it's an incredibly naive way of thinking. Seems to me that we're probably going this route as a money saving exercise rather than it genuinely being a group of a special talents ready made for the first team in the next couple of seasons.

Buckle up mate! If you don't like it maybe you should consider break from football for next 5 years!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Copying Ajax is stupid we are playing in most competitive league in the world bottom half teams in PL can spend double what all Dutch league can spend. We need to copy dortmund they balance between young and experience

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Saliba Tierney and fraser/carassco are coming i feel just stay more patient

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Come on, the majority of those won’t be involved next season, especially under Emery. The only certainties are Maitland-Niles and Nelson. Nketiah, Willock and Smith Rowe are more likely to go out on loan whilst Saka and Amaechi will be cup players at best.

The club are seemingly putting in place a pathway for the best youngsters to come through, nobody at the club has talked about copying Ajax, it’s an easy line for a journo to use because we’ve changed things at youth level.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I'd be very surprised if we didn't go back in for him, seems we really wanted him in Jan.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I'd be very surprised if we didn't go back in for him, seems we really wanted him in Jan.

I doubt it to be honest. We also offered a lucrative purchase option for Perisic but don’t seem to be interested now. I think January was mostly about identifying realistic loan options and trying to structure the loan deals in a way that seemed appealing to the parent club, which is why they stuck in those big purchase options. Not that it worked :lol:

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I doubt it to be honest. We also offered a lucrative purchase option for Perisic but don’t seem to be interested now. I think January was mostly about identifying realistic loan options and trying to structure the loan deals in a way that seemed appealing to the parent club.

I'm sure Ornstein said we'd go back in summer for him. For that price it's not a risk at all either, very versatile player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom