• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira will only back if thete is really good offer we not going to accept these poverty loans him going meaning we have to replace ramsey and him and that's mean we need like 50-60M to do that

neimad

What was the last player we bid the asking price for straight off the bat?

It's like we need at least two rejections before we get hard.

giphy.gif

Celtic Fan #565489

Tierney is one of the best LBs currently world football, regardless of the league he's playing in. The majority of our fans said the same about Van Dijk when he was with us too (that Van Dijk was one of the worlds best CBs), you could tell he was on another level and we didn't need to see him prove it at a team like Southampton in the EPL because we already knew.

Tierney is in the exact same boat as Van Dijk, in that he is one of the best players in the world in his position, for me personally, I'd be disappointed with anything below £30M for him, I know most of your support will balk at that, but in relative terms to purchase one of the worlds best fullbacks it's a bargain in modern day football. He will be worth easily at least double that after a season for your club given his potential and quality.

Looking at your biggest purchases...

Aubameyang : £58M
Lacazette : £48M
Özil : £42M
Xhaka : £41M
Sanchez : £38M
Mustafi : £37M (I mean come on)
Mkhitaryan : £31M
Torreira : £27M

So you's have signed players for over £30M on several occasions, I realise they were all purchased from the top five leagues, but at the end of the day for those who have a clue about football you will be able to tell from both Tierney's highlights and also from all the rave reviews he gets (literally no pundit or journalist ever critiques his performances whether it be Domestic, Europe or Internationally), he's got hardly a flaw in his game.

We've seen too many of our players be undersold now, even going all the way back to Stiliyan Petrov who we sold to Villa for £6M, he was at least a £15-20M player back then but we sold him on the cheap due to our league.
More recently Van Dijk (we should have sold for at least £25-30M, got £13M), Wanyama (was easily worth at least £20M, got £12M) and Moussa Dembele (should have got at least £25-30M, got £20M) were undersold too, looking at Robertson and Fraser who came from the Scottish League and what they're now worth.

We're just sick of being sold short, we've now more than proven that in recent times our players that move to the EPL are a success, even Fraser Forster was showing great promise early in his Southampton career until he got a very bad injury which now looks to have finished him.

Tbh I don't expect £30M from yourselves, but £25M plus add ons would be the very, very least we should be getting for a player of such class, he's a once in a generation talent from our academy. I would rather we kept him but I'm realistic enough to know that a club like Arsenal coming in for him would be a very good move, for example Wanyama and Van Dijk didn't even get that and had to prove themselves all over again at a lesser club first in Southampton in the EPL before getting moves to some of the top EPL clubs.

Here's a video of KT against England up against a full team of EPL players where he shows a lot of his defensive qualities, he isn't even playing in his natural position here either as he's playing left CB of a back three.

benjamin86

Established Member
Tierney is one of the best LBs currently world football, regardless of the league he's playing in. The majority of our fans said the same about Van Dijk when he was with us too (that Van Dijk was one of the worlds best CBs), you could tell he was on another level and we didn't need to see him prove it at a team like Southampton in the EPL because we already knew.

Tierney is in the exact same boat as Van Dijk, in that he is one of the best players in the world in his position, for me personally, I'd be disappointed with anything below £30M for him, I know most of your support will balk at that, but in relative terms to purchase one of the worlds best fullbacks it's a bargain in modern day football. He will be worth easily at least double that after a season for your club given his potential and quality.

So you's have signed players for over £30M on several occasions, I realise they were all purchased from the top five leagues, but at the end of the day for those who have a clue about football you will be able to tell from both Tierney's highlights and also from all the rave reviews he gets (literally no pundit or journalist ever critiques his performances whether it be Domestic, Europe or Internationally), he's got hardly a flaw in his game.

We've seen too many of our players be undersold now, even going all the way back to Stiliyan Petrov who we sold to Villa for £6M, he was at least a £15-20M player back then but we sold him on the cheap due to our league.
More recently Van Dijk (we should have sold for at least £25-30M, got £13M), Wanyama (was easily worth at least £20M, got £12M) and Moussa Dembele (should have got at least £25-30M, got £20M) were undersold too, looking at Robertson and Fraser who came from the Scottish League and what they're now worth.

We're just sick of being sold short, we've now more than proven that in recent times our players that move to the EPL are a success, even Fraser Forster was showing great promise early in his Southampton career until he got a very bad injury which now looks to have finished him.

Tbh I don't expect £30M from yourselves, but £25M plus add ons would be the very, very least we should be getting for a player of such class, he's a once in a generation talent from our academy. I would rather we kept him but I'm realistic enough to know that a club like Arsenal coming in for him would be a very good move, for example Wanyama and Van Dijk didn't even get that and had to prove themselves all over again at a lesser club first in Southampton in the EPL before getting moves to some of the top EPL clubs.

Here's a video of KT against England up against a full team of EPL players where he shows a lot of his defensive qualities, he isn't even playing in his natural position here either as he's playing left CB of a back three.

The recent injury and quality of the division is probably what pushes his price down from 30m. I'm thinking 20m with 5m in easy add ons and then either players on loan or a few more million in harder to reach add ons. (team of the year type things)

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

20m + Jenkinson. He speaks swedish so you can pretend that he is a new Larsson.

Went out for a jog.

Could you believe me if I said this was the first raining day in Reykjavík in June? Its just amazing that there has been sun and 13°C for 22 days straight. Loved jogging in the rain though!

But yeah, any news other than we are closer to 1. July than hour ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom