• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we buy some defenders before we prentend we’d cough up anywhere close to the amount stated (even with part exchange) for Zaha. We have one of the worst defences in the league. We’re scraping around trying to buy Tierney for half of his value and probably won’t get the deal over the line like we do with every player who we really need that is actually reasonably priced over the years!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

CP won't sell for anything less then 60 at least, we won't even cough up a good bid for Tierney so why would we put in a decent bid for Zaha? Unless Emery has reserved cash for Zaha which we don't know anything about. Think about it, we have only put in a laughable 17 million bid for Tierney & we need a defender first.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If I were Palace, I might seriously consider multiple Arsenal players (Chambers, Bielek, maybe a couple of U-23 players and even possibly Elneny) to get as much value as possible that Manchester United won't get a 25 percent piece of. :D

Has Bielik already been deemed surplus to requirements by the club? From what I gathered he's set the world alight at Charlton & was hoping to breakthrough into the first team next season?

Mind you, if bundling him into the deal could see Zaha come here I'm all for it.

BobP

Memri Fan
D-LGorSU0AAyy5C.jpg:large

Fornals, Lemar, Zaha...It just keeps on going.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why aren’t we linked to players in positions where we have holes in the squad? It’s a mystery. We have a golden boot forwards and OK RB and new goalie. Just about everywhere else needs shoring up badly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who do you want? Ryan Fraser has had one good season and is in the last year of his deal yet his club want 30m?

Carrasco is trash yet his club want 30M.
Paying considerably less for Fraser looks a no-brainer. The fact that he's in his last season is neither here nor there. 'What would he be worth to us?' is what we should be thinking, not 'Should we be paying less because he's in his last year?'

This is as good as Wilf is getting imo, while Fraser looks like he's got more in the tank. Can't say I'm a fan of either tbh, but if it's a choice of the two, there's only one option for me.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Have to admit, this media onslaught isnt something we normally do.

Wonder if some of it is Zaha

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why aren’t we linked to players in positions where we have holes in the squad? It’s a mystery. We have a golden boot forwards and OK RB and new goalie. Just about everywhere else needs shoring up badly.

We’re in talks for a LB and CB and Ornstein has said our other targets are a CM and wide forward. That’s basically all the holes apart from a backup RB.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We’re in talks for a LB and CB and Ornstein has said our other targets are a CM and wide forward. That’s basically all the holes apart from a backup RB.
@Makingtrax has had the purchase of a new shovel sanctioned by his missus. If he can't identify the holes, he'll dig some.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
You've not been posting that much recently bro, where you at?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We've got a golden boot forward, singular. Our other options out there is the one black athlete that's actually slower than Giroud, an Armenian and Turkish retirees and Iwobi.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Has Bielik already been deemed surplus to requirements by the club? From what I gathered he's set the world alight at Charlton & was hoping to breakthrough into the first team next season?

Mind you, if bundling him into the deal could see Zaha come here I'm all for it.

Not to my knowledge, but he is insistent that he doesn't want to go out on loan again and would rather leave the club if he can't get first-team football at Arsenal. Hard to say how Emery views it, but as you say if he's a player that might interest Palace in a partial swap for Zaha then it would make sense to move him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom