• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,206
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Him and Lingard seem to be the modern player who have too much off field stuff going on.

Ferguson would’ve got rid of both I think.

Sir Alex said:
Rashford is an example of what I think is Manchester United. They are the one club in England who will always identify a Rashford and give a young kid a chance – there is no better club in England at giving young kids a chance. Rashford is a sensation and one of the best in years.”

Don't think so, I just think he wouldn't get away with half the things he's doing if he was under Sir Alex or had the likes of Rio, G.Nev et al in the dressing room.

LG10

Utd is a bad move for AWB development wise. What’s ole gonna teach him, how special the red shirt is? Another season with woy would’ve been good for him.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Utd is a bad move for AWB development wise. What’s ole gonna teach him, how special the red shirt is? Another season with woy would’ve been good for him.

Don't think Ole will be there for 5 years.
It looks like United signing the right players now, not 29 years old anymore like Matic and Sanchez under Mou.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think so, I just think he wouldn't get away with half the things he's doing if he was under Sir Alex or had the likes of Rio, G.Nev et al in the dressing room.
one look at their Instagram and they would have run them out of the city.

Him and Lingard seem to be the modern player who have too much off field stuff going on.

Ferguson would’ve got rid of both I think.
agree. Red nose was an arsehat and a control freak.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Good enough to elicit interest from all these teams, but not good enough to get a chance for us. You just love to see it tbh. Hope we bin Nelson next before he has the chance to break out.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
250k for a 20 year old, who doesn't score 15 league goals a season is wild. Suppose it would have been a PR nightmare for United to lose a young England international that is from Manchester though. Needs must.

Surely they'll end up getting better value than they've gotten from Alexis Sanchez. :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
John Henry confirms Liverpool will be signing no one

It actually wouldn't be a bad strategy on their part to take the summer off from major signings. They don't really have any holes in their team and have just won the Champions League, so unless an incredible opportunity presents itself they might be better off not making changes just to make changes.

They did just sign a young Dutch center back the other day. Focusing on those sorts of signings for development and saving their funds for when changes are needed would make some sense. I wish Arsenal were in such good shape.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

It actually wouldn't be a bad strategy on their part to take the summer off from major signings. They don't really have any holes in their team and have just won the Champions League, so unless an incredible opportunity presents itself they might be better off not making changes just to make changes.

They did just sign a young Dutch center back the other day. Focusing on those sorts of signings for development and saving their funds for when changes are needed would make some sense. I wish Arsenal were in such good shape.

I don't really think the tweet says he won't sign players tbf. It's more that he won't sell.

Always been the case that teams that don't strengthen won't repeat the same level. It's pretty freakish to see otherwise.

Football has always been about evolution, other teams will strengthen. I would fear them if they managed to sign Pepe this Summer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Always been the case that teams that don't strengthen won't repeat the same level. It's pretty freakish to see otherwise.

Football has always been about evolution, other teams will strengthen.

I would fear them if they managed to sign Pepe this Summer.

Sp**s haven't bought anyone in two windows and got to the Champions League final. And they aren't nearly as well stocked as Liverpool.

I get what you're saying and in most instances you are correct, but Liverpool spent an awful lot of money last summer and they have quite a few contracts expiring in 2021 and 2022, so they'll probably be very busy next summer. They had a net spend of more than £140 million last summer (after making a profit on transfers the previous two seasons). They can't sustain that, even winning the Champions League. Sure, they have some money to spend after their £74 million Champions League windfall, but they're not in dire need of additions. It might be better to hold off on major signings and have all the money they need over the next couple of years. So it's entirely possible they may not make any major signings unless a real opportunity presents itself. They haven't built what they have by acting like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom