• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

If we had kept Dein or replaced him with a contract/transfer negotiator as shrewd as Dein think Wenger would have won the title several times over the last 14 years and maybe the UCL as well.

This I believe 100% in. We should have looked into backing Wenger more! He was our greatest of all time and there are more trophies there with the right platform!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If we had kept Dein or replaced him with a contract/transfer negotiator as shrewd as Dein think Wenger would have won the title several times over the last 14 years and maybe the UCL as well.
I think between 2008-2010 we would have had a chance at the title. 2016 was the one that got away. The UCL I'm not sure about but crucially, we lost too many important players to kick on properly. By 2013, the cupboard was bare and a rebuild with dabbling Ivan was never going to work.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This I believe 100% in. We should have looked into backing Wenger more! He was our greatest of all time and there are more trophies there with the right platform!
Funny how in 2016 the backs of fans were already up. Finishing 2nd to Leicester was the ultimate insult to many. 20 years of top 4, dominating Sp**s, and FACups were a big yawn. They all knew what he was doing wrong. The DT rants were getting loud and angry.

So they took him down over a two year period. Nasty, nasty.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Funny how in 2016 the backs of fans were already up. Finishing 2nd to Leicester was the ultimate insult to many. 20 years of top 4, dominating Sp**s, and FACups were a big yawn. They all knew what he was doing wrong. The DT rants were getting loud and angry.

So they took him down over a two year period. Nasty, nasty.

Maybe it was him that was waiting for the club to say that it could manage without him.

Reminds me of a book called "Tender is the night" ...about a pyschiatrist whose patient clings to him for support and marries him. It ends, with her healed, walking away, and he writes in her file - "Case closed!"

Iceman10

Established Member
In the end Arsène had to go, no hard feelings. The club had plateaued out, and step up in demands in management of PL clubs, in line with Guardiola, and especially Klopp saw him out. I do think he could be successful at another club, likely a super-rich top club abroad. A refresh was just required all around.

Do I have sympathies for Arsène, with Merci, etc.? He did bring much joy when it came to football in the 00's, but one thing I will throw in, as a little bit of controversy to factor in, is he did take a big pay off to leave the club, which arguably came back to bite us last season.

Point is, there was a lot of good with what he did, in the end everyone needed a refresh, and what he did for the club was not some charity, i.e. he was more than well compensated through it all. Wish him good health, and I do actually hope to be able to see how it all goes at a new club, if it ends up that his 'retirement' is just temporary.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Maybe it was him that was waiting for the club to say that it could manage without him.

Reminds me of a book called "Tender is the night" ...about a pyschiatrist whose patient clings to him for support and marries him. It ends, with her healed, walking away, and he writes in her file - "Case closed!"
How well the club manages without him remains to be seen.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wow, so this thread is still going and still tissues being handed out. A new era has begun, although it isn't great so far.

Gegen Pressing

How well the club manages without him remains to be seen.

Cracks are beginning to appear everywhere. Kroenkes are now under financial pressure - they might sell sooner than later as they need to absorb more losses from Walmart after losing billions to compete with Amazon.
Don't see him wiring 100M for Zaha.
Don't see him answering the phone unless it's Arsène Wenger calling.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Cracks are beginning to appear everywhere. Kroenkes are now under financial pressure - they might sell sooner than later as they need to absorb more losses from Walmart after losing billions to compete with Amazon.
Don't see him wiring 100M for Zaha.
Don't see him answering the phone unless it's Arsène Wenger calling.
Yeah, they’ve made some bad buys Bonobos, Modcloth and Eloquii are all unprofitable. Still, it would take an earthquake to topple that giant.

Gegen Pressing

As far as Transfer Costs that have risen out of control and more than doubled since EPL got their deal upgrade ( plus Chinese clubs throwing money randomly around for average players ).

Arsène probably didn't see that one coming - and this imo is one of the main reasons why he won't be back into management. When a normal player has an entry cost of 60M (NDombele) and talented 19 year old fetches 125M (joao Felix) There is no way Wenger wants to be part of that crazy inflation . If anyone can help FIFA to help curb the trend and put a cap on transfer costs there is probably no man more experienced , more reasonable , more available, more respected than Arsène Wenger.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
As far as Transfer Costs that have risen out of control and more than doubled since EPL got their deal upgrade ( plus Chinese clubs throwing money randomly around for average players ).

Arsène probably didn't see that one coming - and this imo is one of the main reasons why he won't be back into management. When a normal player has an entry cost of 60M (NDombele) and talented 19 year old fetches 125M (joao Felix) There is no way Wenger wants to be part of that crazy inflation . If anyone can help FIFA to help curb the trend and put a cap on transfer costs there is probably no man more experienced , more reasonable , more available, more respected than Arsène Wenger.
if we think he was limited by people here then there is no hope for him in FIFA where corruption is the name of the game

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Certainly better than joining at team like Newcastle. Benitez fell out with Ashley because he wanted more money and more control over transfers. Any manager knows that without spending power the odds are always stacked against you.

MATHEO

Wow, so this thread is still going and still tissues being handed out. A new era has begun, although it isn't great so far.

I don't get why some people are so annoyed by the fact that this thread is still going and calling for it to be closed like it affects their daily mental state or something

You'd have to understand that the affection people have towards Arsène surpasses his association with Arsenal, so it doesn't matter if a new era/manager is taking over.

Now that he's been away from football, a thread like this is one of the few places where you can find content related to him, we were really spoiled to be able to read/listen to his conferences every week.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't get why some people are so annoyed by the fact that this thread is still going and calling for it to be closed like it affects their daily mental state or something

You'd have to understand that the affection people have towards Arsène surpasses his association with Arsenal, so it doesn't matter if a new era/manager is taking over.

Now that he's been away from football, a thread like this is one of the few places where you can find content related to him, we were really spoiled to be able to read/listen to his conferences every week.
Yes I come in here regularly for consolation. Like a chapel at funeral parlour.

Not sure why the haters even bother to come in here. Wasn’t it enough that they broke him. ;)

Top Bottom