• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ll bet all those fans would give their eye teeth to have that again and Unai would rightly get much praise if he achieved it. That’s the irony.
There’s no irony in it. Yes, we would, but then we all know the climate has changed. Liverpool and Tottenham are in much stronger positions now and we apparently have a much smaller budget.

Its a bigger feat now. That’s all there is to it. We lost ground at a vital time under the last regime and we are unquestionably paying for it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There’s no irony in it. Yes, we would, but then we all know the climate has changed. Liverpool and Tottenham are in much stronger positions now and we apparently have a much smaller budget.

Its a bigger feat now. That’s all there is to it. We lost ground at a vital time under the last regime and we are unquestionably paying for it.
Smaller budget? Wenger managed top 4 for 8 years running while spending less than bottom half Stoke. Unai doesn’t he’s born compared to the 2004 to 2013 period.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Smaller budget? Wenger managed top 4 for 8 years running while spending less than bottom half Stoke. Unai doesn’t he’s born compared to the 2004 to 2013 period.
Wenger only had to stay in front of teams that would come out sucking their thumbs if they fell in a bucket of titties. He did it well and consistently though, so credit s due.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

yeah...my Liverpool supporting friend was always so pissed off about it.....about bloody wenger ....how he somehow never misses top 4.... seeing it from a pool fans point of view, you get how important top4 and playing in CL is.... how funny it seemed to me then that my friend found it worth bothering to watch europa league matches....

that was an amazing job Wenger pulled off..... if we had missed out even one year, we would have struggled to regain that level ...

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Like when you already have players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky, Sagna, etc. etc. in the team already it helps
We were elite then managing to acquire players like that on shoe string budget.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

yeah...my Liverpool supporting friend was always so pissed off about it.....about bloody wenger ....how he somehow never misses top 4.... seeing it from a pool fans point of view, you get how important top4 and playing in CL is.... how funny it seemed to me then that my friend found it worth bothering to watch europa league matches....

that was an amazing job Wenger pulled off..... if we had missed out even one year, we would have struggled to regain that level ...
So much more money around today. Sp**s won’t have to suffer like that and ask Poch to stay as a bank guarantee. And expect top 4 with bottom half spending. They’ll probably maintain spending 6th, and manage to keep their players.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Do you think there were all here as 4 or 5-year-olds when Wenger first came to the club?

Who do you think bought all of them?
He acquired them all with the help of scouting. RvP worked out well considering nobody would touch him due to his questionable attitude at the time at Feyenord. Cesc was a talented embryo. We paid the going rate for Nasri who, as soon as he peaked, left us because we were still ****. Rosicky was Rosicky—lovely footballer, but a bit of a failure all in all. And Sagna.

Regardless, we won zero with all of them. Some wonderful players came and went, and our team, on paper, was worth as much as your Chelsea’s and Man Utd’s, man for man. But our excuse for not getting the best out of those players was ‘yeah, well we didn’t spend as much’. I too was probably guilty of using that line in arguments with oppo fans at the time tbh. In hindsight though, it was a lame cop-out of an argument.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Like when you already have players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky, Sagna, etc. etc. in the team already it helps
RVP - Injured for basically 7 years of an 8 years Arsenal career.
Fabregas - Pissed off to Barce the first chance he could. Wenger made him the player he was
Nasri - Was hugely inconsistent for us with some really glorious moments and as soon as he came good moved on. Rotting away for free as we speak.
Rosicky - Beautiful footballer. made 170 appearances in TEN FECKING YEARS!
Sagna - Mr Consistent but nothing special ever. Can;t believe he was mentioned actually.
And no idea where the "when you already have" comes from. He purchased EVERY single one of those players.

Talk about a piss poor example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom