• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,697

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In April the Mirror said Fraser was the number one target in that position, and now he's the alternative to the other "number one target" in Zaha? Not buying it. I think Malcom is the guy if it's not Wilf.
Fraser links gone quiet I think there will be name that nobody linked us before

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Our one saving grace could be that both Utd and Chelsea should have manager problems. I'm no Emery's biggest fan, but he's objectively a much better coach than Lampard and Solskjaer. You've got to hope that their decisions to appoint such inexperienced coaches backfire, even if we're still a dumpster fire ourselves we were one point off last season. If we just stand still we might be able to get top 4, y'never know.

That's the optimism. The pessimism is that we're at our lowest ebb for decades and the club doesn't look at all bothered about turning it the f*ck around. What we need is an extremely good summer, it's not even average as it stands, it's appallingly bad.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arsenal: Martinelli Saliba
Manutd :Wan-Bissaka James
Man city: Rodri
Liverpool : nothing
Sp**s: Clarke Ndombele
Everton: Andre Gomes
Leicester: Ayoze Perez Tielsman

So little movement and 4 weeks left don't know what the teams waiting for

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Liverpool have signed some young dutch midfielder.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We haven’t even announced Saliba yet. Rumours he’s turned us down because Huss Fahmy doesn’t wear clothes when he signs contracts.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think we’re done.

First 11 against Newcastle:

Leno
Sokratis - Mustafi - Monreal
AMN - Elneny - Xhaka - Kolasinac
Iwobi - Lacazette - Aubameyang

We go again.
th

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

This is soul destroying. Twenty-****ing-eight days left of the transfer window. Doesn't seem to have been a decent transfer link for at least a week.

Surely something must happen next week. (I said this last week as well)

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Its me or PL clubs looks so slow signing players?

A lot of big clubs have been slow. Saint-Germain, United, Barca, City. They all made like one signing and now it's gone quiet again for them. Juve, Real, Atletico and Dortmund have been the big movers.

I do feel some clubs have caught the Wenger syndrome: Being wary of inflated prices for certain players with small resume or other kind of baggage. Look at pepe. It seemed like everyone was all over him and nothing has materialized and I'm certain it's down to the ridiculous asking fee. Neymar and Griezmann are up in the air with their big fees and big egos. A lot of spending has come from English midtable clubs like Tottenham , West Ham, Wolverhampton, Leicester.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It's kind of funny. Some clubs are obviously doing great business like Atletico, Dortmund and Liverpool re: selling/buying.

Then there's clubs without shackles like Real and City.

The majority of deals seem to be by smaller and midtable clubs wheeling and dealing in the 5 to 40m price range where they can operate now due to more money through TV deals and where they don't have to fight big clubs, because big clubs are looking at higher quality, but they themselves have pushed those out of even most of their reach by paying whatever it took in recent years so clubs started to ask for ridiculous fees. Now even big clubs look at certain players but won't move for them because it would even in their context eat away large chunks of their budgets or they are wary about what they are actually paying for. I mean I certainy wouldn't pay 80m for pepe when due to the specific context 100 gets you an Eden Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom