• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

say yes

forum master baiter
Why blame Arsène for the club captain wanting to leave a club with no ambition? He isn't even at the club anymore.

Arsène built his latter day squads with an emphasis on technical ability above all else. How many times did we beg him to sign some leaders / players with a backbone?

He thought that individual leadership was overrated as a quality and the result is/was a squad wholly lacking in character: filled with weak, cowardly individuals. Koscielny’s captaincy is symptomatic of that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The tactical ‘insights’ in this thread are absolute poverty. Anyway, let’s get back on topic.

Koscielny is Arsenal’s captain.

Merci, Arsène.

He's literally the personification of the last few years of Wenger, talented but spineless, error prone and injury prone.

Kinda funny yet tragic how Koscielny's mistake vs Atletico ended Wenger's chance to go out with a trophy and securing CL football.

blaze_of_glory

He's literally the personification of the last few years of Wenger, talented but spineless, error prone and injury prone.

Kinda funny yet tragic how Koscielny's mistake vs Atletico ended Wenger's chance to go out with a trophy and securing CL football.
He also scored to let us end our trophy drought in 2014 and bring some good times back to this club. Also secured CL qualification himself one year with that goal vs Newcastle.

In other news, club has been an absolute shambles since Wenger left. Clear he was the only thing holding it together these past years and the club had no real plan for after he was gone.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not a big deal, but it is a bit weird with this thread pinned while the one for the current manager isn't (neither have to be pinned, IMO). This thread does need to wind down a bit. Stuff on the lines of YouTube tributes posted by Celestis are fine. Otherwise it's just one 'side' of an argument against another, all unnecessary. The Wenger era is over, and we can be classy about it (without the revisionist history).

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not a big deal, but it is a bit weird with this thread pinned while the one for the current manager isn't (neither have to be pinned, IMO). This thread does need to wind down a bit. Stuff on the lines of YouTube tributes posted by Celestis are fine. Otherwise it's just one 'side' of an argument against another, all unnecessary. The Wenger era is over, and we can be classy about it (without the revisionist history).

Not a big deal but the current manager has not done jacksh** so far and may not even be around this time next year. This thread is about a former manager who was/ is a larger than life figure and has been the main artisan of making Arsenal a massive football club and a global brand. So pardon us while we are still talking about him.... ;)

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
No dispute that Arsène is a legend and transformed the club. Issue is more that this thread is still into action vs. reaction on either 'side', and that is all rather ugly to do Arsène any service in tribute anyway. Hence I just pointed to what Celestis does, with YouTubes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil gave him the belief to do it! ;)
tenor.gif

Tir Na Nog

Wait, I'm not having that--not after being brainwashed into believing that was all Ozils doing ffs :lol:

I completely forgot about this but I just looked it up and Özil was subbed off BEFORE Ramsey's winner ffs. Wilshere replaced him and helped set up the goal 3 minutes after coming on. He did more in 3 minutes than Özil did in 105 minutes.

How people are seriously giving Özil significant credit for anything in that game is beyond me. It was a typical anonymous performance. Much like the World cup final for Germany he was just *there*. But much like the world cup final, his fanboys will act like it was all down to him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I completely forgot about this but I just looked it up and Özil was subbed off BEFORE Ramsey's winner ffs. Wilshere replaced him and helped set up the goal 3 minutes after coming on. He did more in 3 minutes than Özil did in 105 minutes.

How people are seriously giving Özil significant credit for anything in that game is beyond me. It was a typical anonymous performance. Much like the World cup final for Germany he was just *there*. But much like the world cup final, his fanboys will act like it was all down to him.
He was in the building though. Huge puddles of his charisma were left all over the pitch when Jack came on... His irresistible aura was all around them. They couldn't fail.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why blame Arsène for the club captain wanting to leave a club with no ambition? He isn't even at the club anymore.
The narrative continues, didn’t you know? Wenger is to blame for every problem at Arsenal before during and after his tenure.

Anyone who remembers him fondly is deluded, and protagonists still police this thread to make sure that his supporters are mocked periodically. And then they call for the thread to be locked. :lol:

You’ll get used to it bro.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You OK bud?

Lots on here continually blamed our terrible injuries on Wenger, . . . . . . Wilshere, Cazorla etc

This year Holding, Bellerin and Welbeck almost a season each and not a single post linking them to Emery.

Wonder if people have finally realised that most injuries are down to genetics, chance clashes on the pitch and aggravating old wounds from their younger years. It’s a hard game.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You OK bud?

Lots on here continually blamed our terrible injuries on Wenger, . . . . . . Wilshere, Cazorla etc

This year Holding, Bellerin and Welbeck almost a season each and not a single post linking them to Emery.

Wonder if people have finally realised that most injuries are down to genetics, chance clashes on the pitch and aggravating old wounds from their younger years. It’s a hard game.

It's a **** medical team and **** doctors used. But that's almost like a big common in football and sports. Few teams hit the jackpot with the docs they use. The same with private people really. You choose a doc and either he ****s up or he doesn't. Clubs should just really evaluate that. Training Management is another thing, though. I have always been convinced Ramsey could have been managed better in terms of workload etc. to stay fit longer.

Tir Na Nog

You OK bud?

I meant he's a personification for the team as a whole, not just Wenger.

Manberg

Predator
I think you have to keep in perspective that, a manager is responsible for all going ons at a club. Someone has to be ultimately responsible and managers make the most sense. We can’t hold backroom staff into account we don’t see what they do. The manager’s the one on the touchline and answering questions in the press room.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom