• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooplehead

The French league is far superior to SPL even though it's considered a farmer's league. It also has a history of many top players succeeding elsewhere while the SPL not so much.
That's true, but not to the extent that a guy with 16 appearances is worth more than Celtic best youth product in decades.

Oh and that farmers league patter that so many of you giggle at is cringworthy.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah all our supposed business suggests a return to a back four. Will be interesting to see whether it’s 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.
Emery has always preferred a back 4, it’s why a LB (followed by a winger) was my priority signing this summer.

Injuries forced a back 5 on us last season. Don’t think we’ll see that much again (if at all) if we get our business right.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That's true, but not to the extent that a guy with 16 appearances is worth more than Celtic best youth product in decades.

Oh and that farmers league patter that so many of you giggle at is cringworthy.

Scottish patter cringeworthy full stop so I guess we even :rofl:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Emery has always preferred a back 4, it’s why a LB (followed by a winger) was my priority signing this summer.

Injuries forced a back 5 on us last season. Don’t think we’ll see that much again (if at all) if we get our business right.

Yeah... I know.

Emery is a staunch 4-2-3-1 man. Like I said, we’ve been linked with full backs and wingers a lot so that suggests we’re going to go with a back four thankfully. The back 3 makes us too predictable.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Those same guys thought VVD was a dud.

Oh and KT is proven, the guys only just turned 22 and he's has hundreds of appearances, captained his club and country, played a lot of European Football, won numerous honours, both personal and with his team.

Yet a French 18 year old with 16 appearances total in his career is worth more?

It still amazes me how much value the average fan places on a foreign name.
Hundreds of appearances? Do you count youth football? Basically the same level as the senior level minus the European rejects tbh. You guys are so delusional, it’s like the further up north you go on the British Isles, the crazier you lot get. 25M for a guy who’s played a 100 games on semi-pro level, has no noteworthy European club football experience and spends his days on international level getting stuffed by the likes of Israel (that own goal, yuck, we already have Mustafi for that).

We should walk away from this deal. 25M will get you Tagliafico, same profile, much better player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Oh and KT is proven, the guys only just turned 22 and he's has hundreds of appearances, captained his club and country, played a lot of European Football, won numerous honours, both personal and with his team.

Seen a lot of Rangers fans saying he has the hips of an 80 year old. What’s your take on that?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yep he looks a big talent but I wonder whether it’s worth loaning him out to the championship for a year.

Kola & Monreal could probably last another year for us and could get Tierney some much needed competitive experience.
Could learn on the job here, it’s not like we’re competing for a title or in a CL campaign.

Charlie Nicholas thinks he needs to improve defensively, but has it in him to do so.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Is he proven though? He plays for one of the 2 best teams in Scotland. Means he only gets a real test a couple of times a season.
As for international football, Scotland got thrashed by Kazakhstan, worryingly Arsenal play better teams than both Kazakhstan and Mothercare. Agree with Say Yes, could be a good idea to loan to a championship team for a year. We have good connections with Charlton no?

roz

Fake News Merchant
It’s interesting how keen we are to sign Tierney despite still having Nacho and Kolasinac.

I wonder if Nacho’s move to Bilbao has legs.
More likely keep Nacho and Kola for another season and see how KT develops
Whatever his level though, he’s better than Kola and Nacho, so why loan him out anyway?

It doesn’t make sense.
possibly to see how KT does in the championship, as noted he is a talent but completely unproven. Would give a better indication of whether he will make it here. If not we can always sell back to Celtic for 30mil

ASIF

Is he proven though? He plays for one of the 2 best teams in Scotland. Means he only gets a real test a couple of times a season.
As for international football, Scotland got thrashed by Kazakhstan, worryingly Arsenal play better teams than both Kazakhstan and Mothercare. Agree with Say Yes, could be a good idea to loan to a championship team for a year. We have good connections with Charlton no?
Loan a 30 Million CB for a year then loan a 25 million lb.lets change the name of the club to Charity FC.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Loan a 30 Million CB for a year then loan a 25 million lb.lets change the name of the club to Charity FC.
Saliba makes sense, we’re not paying 30M up front. Look at it like we make a pre-payment a year in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom