• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,190
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People expect us to compete with that lol
No we can't but what manutd doing is stupid they are overpaying and that will only make clubs in PL will ask so much money just like Crystal Palace with Zaha they want 80M for 40M Maximum player.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
No we can't but what manutd doing is stupid they are overpaying and that will only make clubs in PL will ask so much money just like Crystal Palace with Zaha they want 80M for 40M Maximum player.

I know. It's outrageous in the market. I would move away from Zaha if these are going rates. No thanks.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not bothered by those mediocre deals as long as we do deals ourselves.

They catch up, maybe even go ahead by a bit as of now, but hopefully this window isn't done for us. Then we should be fine

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not sure it’s shocking, a little over the going rate I’ll say.

Good player though, just like AWB.

Agree that the deals are solid, but still over the top. Wan is probably a good deal even for the money, but Maguire is 30m over his value.

But in the end it doesn't matter spending that much, if it doesn't hurt other deals you'd like to do.

Doesn't feel like that with ManU, so nothing wrong with it from a football perspective. Completely different as with us where such a deal would mean we'd be handicapped for an eternity.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Not sure it’s shocking, a little over the going rate I’ll say.

Good player though, just like AWB.

AWB is quality, better defensively than going forward which will help Yanited massively.

Harry Maguire however, is grossly overrated. He’s good in the air and half decent with the ball at his feet- but positionally he’s average and he makes bewildering decisions. Decent CB at best, Lewis Dunk with dribbling.

Maguire is still living off a handful of okayish World Cup performances for England, sort of like Trippier. Yanited wanted De Ligt and Koulibaly but neither fancied a move, so they’re being forced to overpay for Slabhead. You love to see it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Maguire and AWB will surely improve utd defense but they overpaid them specially Maguire. they got unlimited money

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Despite the fact that they’re overpaying for Maguire, I’m certain that he’ll improve them for sure.

We can hate as much as possible but OGS is doing some good business and buying PL proven players.

De Gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
That looks pretty solid to me but I’m surprised Utd aren’t going for Tierney. He’s definitely an upgrade on Shaw.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I didn't know Mike Phelan was his manager at Hull. Never got the hype but makes more sense why so desperate now.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Despite the fact that they’re overpaying for Maguire, I’m certain that he’ll improve them for sure.

We can hate as much as possible but OGS is doing some good business and buying PL proven players.

De Gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
That looks pretty solid to me but I’m surprised Utd aren’t going for Tierney. He’s definitely an upgrade on Shaw.
Don't give them ideas :lol: we already in battle to get Saliba don't want a battle with team with unlimited funds.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Don't give them ideas :lol: we already in battle to get Saliba don't want a battle with team with unlimited funds.

:lol:

That would be astute business though. These are the type of deals Alex Ferguson would do. A defensive core of De Gea (if he signs a new deal?), AWB, Maguire and Tierney.

They’ve got a good squad as it is but with those additions, they would definitely be harder to beat.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Can’t improve everything in one window. We can get by with Shaw for another season but it’s true he isn’t as good as we had hoped. We couldn’t get by with Valencia/Young for another season at RB.

Good to see priority positions being addressed. Hopefully this is the end of Jones, Smalling too.

OSBK

Established Member
United's back line looks good. They will struggle if those 4 cannot remain fit. OGS has to be given credit, with his budget he has gone out and fixed the problems and not bought fancy wingers to paper over the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom