• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Iwobi played on afcon today. He was Nigeria's best attacking player. He created 2 decent chances in quick succession in the first half. He also scuffed 2 shots in a typical iwobi fashion. If he wasn't our player already he would be on our wishlist as an Özil replacement. I have said time over and over, boy sort out your shooting. Try heading as well as it can easily double your goal tally per season. What a ball carrier though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi played on afcon today. He was Nigeria's best attacking player. He created 2 decent chances in quick succession in the first half. He also scuffed 2 shots in a typical iwobi fashion. If he wasn't our player already he would be on our wishlist as an Özil replacement. I have said time over and over, boy sort out your shooting. Try heading as well as it can easily double your goal tally per season. What a ball carrier though.
I thought he had a good tournament. Showed clever play and very good ball-carrying. Today I thought his dribbling from deep was very promising. Played centrally aswell.

Can't shoot for sh*t though, never gets any power and when he does, he gets too much.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I thought he had a good tournament. Showed clever play and very good ball-carrying. Today I thought his dribbling from deep was very promising. Played centrally aswell.

Can't shoot for sh*t though, never gets any power and when he does, he gets too much.

Except that meaningless screamer in the EL final. What the **** was that Iwobi :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I thought he played well when central. He is clearly more comfortable there. Felt like watching Nelson at Hoffenheim at times. Iwobi takes up good positions between the lines on the half turn. However, the midfielders are incapable of seeing him and when they do see him they cant even execute the pass.

He needs to work on his shooting, but I think it more mental. Wenger didn't like players shooting from outside the area. That is basically what he grew up with. Even ESR was hesitant when given opportunities in the first team and we know that he has excellent shooting technique. Think he just needs confidence to play centrally and be allowed to shoot whenever he wants irrespective of the outcome. He has much better technique when going for power rather than placement though.

Shooting can be taught and trained. Sterling is a prime example.

OSBK

Established Member
I thought he played well when central. He is clearly more comfortable there. Felt like watching Nelson at Hoffenheim at times. Iwobi takes up good positions between the lines on the half turn. However, the midfielders are incapable of seeing him and when they do see him they cant even execute the pass.

He needs to work on his shooting, but I think it more mental. Wenger didn't like players shooting from outside the area. That is basically what he grew up with. Even ESR was hesitant when given opportunities in the first team and we know that he has excellent shooting technique. Think he just needs confidence to play centrally and be allowed to shoot whenever he wants irrespective of the outcome. He has much better technique when going for power rather than placement though.

Shooting can be taught and trained. Sterling is a prime example.

Sterlings biggest change has been postioning. I dont think he shooting has jumped leaps but his postioning has. He scores an incredible amount of tap ins, pep has created a goal poacher from a fast winger.

I suppose there is hope for iwobi if he takes the same path

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Will never be on the level we need players to be at Arsenal fine on the bench but not as a starter.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If he won’t accept that he’s going to play less if/when we buy a winger then we might as well offer him to CP so we can get the Zaha deal over the line. £40m + Iwobi should be more than enough and well save 70k/w on wages if we give his minutes to Nelson/Martinelli/Saka and don’t buy a replacement. Win-win situation, the only question is if he’d fancy a move to CP.

OmegaOs

I feel like people want Iwobi to fail. Ok, fine, he's no Mbappe and he needs to work harder but what do you expect him to say? If he said "Zaha needs to fight for his place to bench me" I'm sure a number of fans would call him delusional and entitled, now he has been truthful and said he would be stressed if Zaha comes, now people are saying he has a weak mentality and he should leave. I like the fact he's feeling stressed from competition, hopefully that will push him to his best but I feel like people dislike Iwobi regardless of what he says or do and I don't understand.

He's not bad person, he's not a cheat or controversial, his problem is that he probably playing too many games without massive contribution and that annoys fans and myself but this is not in his control. Two managers trusted him as a starter because we have no options and the fans should be considerate of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom