• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are going to end up paying exactly what they want for their best player. And then we will look like idiots having wasted many weeks when he could have taken part in full pre-season with the team.

Hooplehead

Wish there was some idea of alternative targets for LB we had in mind. Could help stop Celtic's board from being too greedy.
Wouldn't make a difference, we're not looking to sell, he's still got 4 years on his contract, and if anything the timing isn't great to maximize his value since he is injured and coming off a difficult season due to his double hernia and a recurring hip problem.

From what I'm hearing we (assuming he stays) aren't planning for KT to be back in the match day squad until September to allow him to fully heal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Your Scottish sources better not be hooplehead. Disappointed in you, thought you had better sources.
Nah. He’s a long time season ticket holder and related to one of the youth coaches.

Also told me they had to beat 2/3 PL teams to sign Bob Boli, who they rate highly.

Jamal Lewis.
Seen Lewis play for Northern Ireland quite a bit over the past year. He's very raw, though has improved every time I have seen him. I don't think he would be at our level yet (whatever that is!).
Can't comment on Tierney as I haven't seen him play much, but I would probably take Lewis in the long term because of the fitness concerns. Having the hip of a pensioner can't be good as a pro!

Hooplehead

Tierney's hip issue is very common for footballers, rest is the only cure, KT barely missed a game for 3 years with Celtic playing about 50-60 games a season, Rodgers should have used him more sensibly, it takes a toll on a young player.

He did the same last year with Mcgregor, he played more minutes of football than any player in European football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom