• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Why people think he'll flop? The guy was good last season and continued to be good this season he was one of best players in copa america
Because brazillians tend to flop in England, unless your name is Juninho, which brings in another topic, with Juninho being the club president of Ituano he might have had a word with Martinelli about what to expect in England...... hmmmm

Shahin Tadjalli

Such a random comment.

Everton comes in with what is to be seen as a huge price tag considering he's playing in Brazil. He will potentially have it hard to adapt to the physicality of the league.

Martinelli comes in as a youth product with almost zero pressure on him, u23 games and a few cameos in the Borat Cup and the national cups, nothing to loose all the to prove.

I was highlighting how money isn't always the solution rather than bashing the player. I'd welcome him over Fraser / Carrasco and Zaha at 100 Million Euros.

Iceman10

Established Member
Because brazillians tend to flop in England, unless your name is Juninho, which brings in another topic, with Juninho being the club president of Ituano he might have had a word with Martinelli about what to expect in England...... hmmmm

Make or break with Edu if he steers us to players from Brazil this summer. Problem is it is potentially at our expense if he is unable to factor how their play in Brazil translates to how ready they are for the PL.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sven had hard ons for Dortmund players, it would figure that Edu has an eye on the South American market. Soares is an exciting player. A risk? Yes, but a fairly measured one.

Iceman10

Established Member
Sven had hard ons for Dortmund players, it would figure that Edu has an eye on the South American market. Soares is an exciting player. A risk? Yes, but a fairly measured one.

I suppose having Edu helps as a pull, on the positive side. I see there apparently is quite a bit of interest in Everton Soares. Honestly, I know little about the player, was thinking about other stuff that came up a week back with Edu apparently bringing up Fagner for LB. Anyway, will watch the Copa America final later to get an idea of what Everton Soares would have to offer.

(Edit: Fagner for RB)

Iceman10

Established Member
40m signing could well be enough for Everton Soares, whereas Crystal Palace will seek 60m+ for Zaha, in part because of the cut of the transfer fee that would go to United. Just watched Copa America final replay, now the semi-final (against Argentina). So far I see a good player, but I would still much prefer Zaha for his willingness to go into one on one duels with good dribbling, something that would nicely complement and complete what we have in our attacking unit.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
40m signing could well be enough for Everton Soares, whereas Crystal Palace will seek 60m+ for Zaha, in part because of the cut of the transfer fee that would go to United. Just watched Copa America final replay, now the semi-final (against Argentina). So far I see a good player, but I would still much prefer Zaha for his willingness to go into one on one duels with good dribbling, something that would nicely complement and complete what we have in our attacking unit.
Zaha is just stronger and faster. There's an element of surprise with Everton; hes younger and can explode at the right club but he poses a risk.

Zaha is the safe option albeit being more expensive, while Everton is more risky. I would take either at this stage.

Iceman10

Established Member
Zaha is just stronger and faster. There's an element of surprise with Everton; hes younger and can explode at the right club but he poses a risk.

Zaha is the safe option albeit being more expensive, while Everton is more risky. I would take either at this stage.

Plus we get 4-5 years of Zaha in his prime, a player more likely to stay with us because he has always wanted to play for Arsenal. With Everton Soares there is upside potential for a player at 23, who will develop. Wouldn't be anywhere near Zaha in terms of immediate value in his first season (IMO). Could be a big increase in asset value if that is what interests the board, but that means a player who likely would look for a transfer out after 2-3 seasons if he does well. Pros/cons. Zaha definitely is less risk, for more money.

tumblr_od3o5abvvv1vamjk3o1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom