• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet is is:mad:

We had a choice between Theo, Ox and Gnabry. We chose the first two, the rest is history.

We offered Gnabry a new contract. He only had his break through season at Munchen last season. He would still have to go on couple of loans before fully developed.

In the end Gnabry chosed Munchen over us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We offered Gnabry a new contract. He only had his break through season at Munchen last season. He would still have to go on couple of loans before fully developed.

In the end Gnabry chosed Munchen over us.
The decision we made was correct at the time, Theo was a proven PL goalscorer and Ox was highly rated.

Gnabry was always going to find it hard to get into the team, that’s what I mean when I said choose.

Gnabry started to show real promise during that confederations cup but by then he was probably disillusioned with Arsenal and what young winger turns down a Bayern side with two wing spots up for grabs.

Let’s face it, if the club really rated Gnabry at the time he wouldn’t have even been in a position to run down his contract.

The decision we made was correct at the time, Theo was a proven PL goalscorer and Ox was highly rated.

Gnabry was always going to find it hard to get into the team, that’s what I mean when I said choose.

Gnabry started to show real promise during that confederations cup but by then he was probably disillusioned with Arsenal and what young winger turns down a Bayern side with two wing spots up for grabs.

Let’s face it, if the club really rated Gnabry at the time he wouldn’t have even been in a position to run down his contract.

Didnt read. You took to long to reply. Sry bro!

But I will keep up with the automatic reply! Only because you my favorite poster!

We managed to get him PL loan. He got injured. We still offered him a contract. He chosed to go back to Germany, to superior club than ours. But he still had to to go on two loans to Werder and Hoffenheim before getting his chance here. Two seasons until he had the breakthrough season.

Again we were keeping him on great path, manage to get him PL loan very young and offered him a contract even with big injuries. You can't really blame us for doing anything wrong here.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Didnt read. You took to long to reply. Sry bro!

But I will keep up with the automatic reply! Only because you my favorite poster!

We managed to get him PL loan. He got injured. We still offered him a contract. He chosed to go back to Germany, to superior club than ours. But he still had to to go on two loans to Werder and Hoffenheim before getting his chance here. Two seasons until he had the breakthrough season.

Again we were keeping him on great path, manage to get him PL loan very young and offered him a contract even with big injuries. You can't really blame us for doing anything wrong here.
Yeah we didn’t do anything wrong, I’ve never said we have.

Think he grew tired of the loans, he would have stayed if he was in the first team playing regularly but at the time he wasn’t good
Enough for that. Is what it is.

Think he grew tired of the loans, he would have stayed if he was in the first team playing regularly but at the time he wasn’t good

Everyone on this forum constantly try to make up like we ****ed it up when the truth is, is that bigger club came in for him and he went back to his home country.

It was one failed loan. A bad loan but it was PL loan. And for me before he went to the Olympics it looked like he would be a part of the first team but Munchen had come in there and swooped him away. But even at Munchen he had to go on two loans, so there was still a lot development to be done. But in my honest opinion I think he would have had quicker pathway to first team here.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

lol, have you seen how this club manages contracts?

We give jenkinsson a new contract for 40k and not Gnabry. If we rated jenkinsson more than gnabry at any point we need to fire everyone involved

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We give jenkinsson a new contract for 40k and not Gnabry. If we rated jenkinsson more than gnabry at any point we need to fire everyone involved
We probably did, that’s the sad thing.

If we’re being honest contracts are a painful process to manage. Alexis and Özil was just bad business on our part.

But Ramsey and Gnabry were both inconsistent and injury prone. We didn’t reward them with new contracts and at the time I don’t think anybody complained, we just got unlucky.

Gnabry started to show flashes of his potential as his contracts ran down and Ramsey had his second best season for us in his final year.

Suddenly we look like fools for letting them run it down but hindsight is 20/20. I think that’s why we extended Elneny for no reason but whoever thought he would ever get better than he was needs to be fired.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We probably did, that’s the sad thing.

If we’re being honest contracts are a painful process to manage. Alexis and Özil was just bad business on our part.

But Ramsey and Gnabry were both inconsistent and injury prone. We didn’t reward them with new contracts and at the time I don’t think anybody complained, we just got unlucky.

Gnabry started to show flashes of his potential as his contracts ran down and Ramsey had his second best season for us in his final year.

Suddenly we look like fools for letting them run it down but hindsight is 20/20. I think that’s why we extended Elneny for no reason but whoever thought he would ever get better than he was needs to be fired.

Honestly, Elneny was one of those guys where almost the full AM community was like "yeah, we're gonna regret this" from day one.

You'd watch him once and you'd have seen it all.

Mustafi has at least, in theory, the tools to be a good CB. He's just not got the brain for it.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Walcott and chamberlain was clearly ****ing **** at the time. Gnabry have showed that he had the ability to take walcott, chamberlain, podolski spot.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Imo he was good enough, whenever he played for us he was impressive. The Gnabry situation is one of Wenger's biggest mistakes in my eyes

simonreq

I might be wrong, but I actually remember Jenkinson as being a decent player when he joined us. Especially when you take into the account that he was fairly young at the time (19)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Walcott and chamberlain was clearly ****ing **** at the time. Gnabry have showed that he had the ability to take walcott, chamberlain, podolski spot.
Yeah I thought at the time that Theo should have made way but he was providing end product that wouldn’t be matched by Gnabry.

Was just unfortunate timing

GDeep™

League is very weak
Imo he was good enough, whenever he played for us he was impressive. The Gnabry situation is one of Wenger's biggest mistakes in my eyes

In terms of players, Wenger only made one mistake and that was not backing Fabianski.

He wanted to give Gnabry a contract anyway.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In terms of players, Wenger only made one mistake and that was not backing Fabianski.

He wanted to give Gnabry a contract anyway.
Yeh but I mean the way he was managed. Being loaned to Pulis' West Brom after a long injury lay off is just very un-Wenger, I don't get why he showed so much neglect. I think that was one of the factors Gnabry chose to not renew.

People complain about the Szczesney situation but at the end of the day he was taking the piss at one stage here, I don't blame Wenger for loaning him out. Cech turned out to be crap for us, but thats hindsight for you. Fabianski was acceptable too in my eyes, we thought Szczesney was the better keeper at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom