• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He doesn't need to do anything he hasn't already done, more of the same would be lovely.

Arsenal are a big club, but they are on a downward trajectory, fighting for 4th is the most likely the best case scenario for the next few years, and even that will be tough, so yeah he'd be moving solely for the money, which I wouldn't grudge him, but he'd obviously prefer to get the money plus be competing for trophies, waiting for a better opportunity is a real option.

More of the same won't help his development, moving to us will. Everything's bigger and better here, that alone is enough reason to leave that ****hole you've got going over there. If you think it's about money then you're just another deluded Celtic *****.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hearing the celtic fans are planning to craft a signed letter for Stan too, addressing the derisory offers, Tierney's true worth and his will to be loaned back for 5 years.

Hooplehead

I don't work for Celtic, nor will I let them near that club so they'll be grand.

It's not very funny at all, I'm absolutely horrified by it all. I know Celtic fans love to sweep it under the carpet though so I can understand why you'd be annoyed at it being brought up.
Let's not pretend you give a ****, you've never given a 2nd thought to the victims, you think child abuse is good ammo to attack another teams fans, I thought you'd have more in your Arsenal;)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let's not pretend you give a ****, you've never given a 2nd thought to the victims, you think child abuse is good ammo to attack another teams fans, I thought you'd have more in your Arsenal;)

Look I see the whole thing is a joke to you which is quite frankly disgusting, I'll be wasting no more time on this topic with someone who just doesn't care despite it happening in the club he supports.

Hooplehead

Look I see the whole thing is a joke to you which is quite frankly disgusting, I'll be wasting no more time on this topic with someone who just doesn't care despite it happening in the club he supports.
You and me both know that you don't give a flying **** about the victims, you are just using their misery to insult someone who has nothing to do with it, the sad truth is this type of thing has been going on worldwide in youth sport for as long as youth sport existed.

I doubt any major club doesn't have some skeletons in their closet.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
He doesn't need to do anything he hasn't already done, more of the same would be lovely.

Arsenal are a big club, but they are on a downward trajectory, fighting for 4th is the most likely the best case scenario for the next few years, and even that will be tough, so yeah he'd be moving solely for the money, which I wouldn't grudge him, but he'd obviously prefer to get the money plus be competing for trophies, waiting for a better opportunity is a real option.

That makes no sense though.

You can say what you want about Arsenal to try and irritate their fans here (it doesn't seem to be working by the way), but it's a massive step up from Celtic, as he'd be going to a far stronger league, and to one of the top 6 teams in that league.

If Tierney goes to the PL, Serie A, Bundesliga or La Liga - to any team in these leagues, it'll be a big step up for him. So to say it's 'just for the money' dosen't really make a lot of sense. Yes, he'd get paid more, but it's a clear career progression as he'll be playing at a far higher level every week.

Alkane

Sorry but that's an honest assessment of how, Arsenal are viewed from an outsiders point of view.
And an honest assessment of Celtic;

Play in an awful uncompetitive league and have the highest delusions of grandeur. A transfer to even a relegation threatened PL club would be an upward step.

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football, despite the ****show of the past 2-3 seasons, and even then we finished a single point behind the CL places behind a team who got to the final.

Arsenal have the superior league,players, staff/facilities, global fan base (I could go on for
hours) and are categorically incomparable to your insignificant team. Moving just for money my ass.

Hooplehead

That makes no sense though.

You can say what you want about Arsenal to try and irritate their fans here (it doesn't seem to be working by the way), but it's a massive step up from Celtic, as he'd be going to a far stronger league, and to one of the top 6 teams in that league.

If Tierney goes to the PL, Serie A, Bundesliga or La Liga - to any team in these leagues, it'll be a big step up for him. So to say it's 'just for the money' dosen't really make a lot of sense. Yes, he'd get paid more, but it's a clear career progression as he'll be playing at a far higher level every week.
If you think my honest opinion on Arsenal is designed to irritate, you are wrong, it's reality, you are delusional if you think my opinion isn't how Arsenal are now viewed.

I understand English people thinking the EPL is every players dream, but it's not, most Scottish players grow up dreaming of playing for a Scottish team, but when they reach a certain level staying in Scotland would mean working for far less that your market value, money is the deciding factor in most of these scenarios, for KT he should be aiming higher, as he wouldn't look out of place in any team.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
If you think my honest opinion on Arsenal is designed to irritate, you are wrong, it's reality, you are delusional if you think my opinion isn't how Arsenal are now viewed.

I understand English people thinking the EPL is every players dream, but it's not, most Scottish players grow up dreaming of playing for a Scottish team, but when they reach a certain level staying in Scotland would mean working for far less that your market value, money is the deciding factor in most of these scenarios, for KT he should be aiming higher, as he wouldn't look out of place in any team.

I'm not English, so I don't view EPL higher to be honest!

If he is to aim higher in EPL, where does he go? City maybe? Liverpool don't need him, unless he wants to back up Robertson. Chelea can't buy anyone anyway, Sp**s don't need him. Or Bundesliga? Bayern don't need him, neither do Borussia Dortmund or RB Leipzig. Do Juventus need him, Barca, Real Madrid? You might think he wouldn't look out of place on all these teams, but none of these teams are in for him, as they don't need him.

Going to Arsenal actually looks like a perfect move. Massive step up in quality, both in terms of the team mates he'd have, and the league he's joining. Him leaving Celtic to go to Everton, Leicster or Wolves would be a massive step and a good one too, never mind Aresnal, who are better than all 3, and I'm sure deep down you know that.

Hooplehead

And an honest assessment of Celtic;

Play in an awful uncompetitive league and have the highest delusions of grandeur. A transfer to even a relegation threatened PL club would be an upward step.

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football, despite the ****show of the past 2-3 seasons, and even then we finished a single point behind the CL places behind a team who got to the final.

Arsenal have the superior league,players, staff/facilities, global fan base (I could go on for
hours) and are categorically incomparable to your insignificant team. Moving just for money my ass.
Everywhere I go in the world I meet Celtic fans, I've yet to meet a Arsenal fan.

Celtic have real supporters throughout the world, they support Celtic coz there old man did, the way it always used to be, Arsenal have global fans the way Justin Bieber does, when times are tough those allegiances switch, they'll be fans of the next big thing, doubt 10% even check for the scores, in reality they are EPL fans, and you know it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom