• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Alright, so sources on this are Globo Esporte and Uol. The former originated the reports that Edu has talked with his agent and Uol has also confirmed our contacts.

The Radio Grenal stuff is according to one of their staff, but can't really say if it's legit or not.

From what I skimmed through their reports, they mentioned it in the Arsenal-Mania "as per" way. It's half a paragraph mentioning it and it's back to writing what Globo Esporte first reported.

That in it self for me - at least for now - should raise eyebrows as far as that specific report is concerned.

Now, onto the reports proper. Basically, Atletico Madrid are the only ones that were readying an actual offer of 35 million euro, with add ons making it 45m.

Before the Copa America, Gremio already valued him at 40 million euro, and after having fought his way into a starting spot and scoring three goals in the competetion (including one in the final) they want to make this the "deal of the history". They've also sold Arthur to Barça and another dude to Shaktar, plus having their finances in order means that they can sit back and wait for this to pick up even more.

Adding to that, Grêmio owns 50% of his rights, with his agent owning another 30%, Fortaleza Club 10% and an investor with the final 10%.

So you'd feel that all parties would welcome a bidding war.

Finally, from reading, I think the source confirming this is his agent.

My gut feeling is that we've enquired and are interested, but that the agent is trying to drum up hype to see if older suitors like Bayern and United come knocking.

@Rex Banner can tell us more if this Atleti interest is genuine or not, but it feels like this is reaching critical mass.

Not heard anything concrete at all regarding Atletico, not sure how much more business the club wants to do after Hermoso.

If it did, they might have to wait and see if Barca have to pay an extra 80M for Griezmann.

source.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
As soon as I saw that @American_Gooner like I knew that either I was ahead of you somehow, or that you are very far from getting promoted. :lol:
Blood literally boiling right now. I gotta pull something out of the bag. I need to be in the class of 19/20!
:lol: I just thought it was funny that Trilly doesn't post as much anymore but still has people taking shots at him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol: I just thought it was funny that Trilly doesn't post as much anymore but still has people taking shots at him.
Depends on how the season goes for me.

I was kind of done with football in general last season and was busy chasing girls on nights out which led to me disappearing for most of last season.

Right now I feel good, I’m enjoying the summer and I think I’m due for a big 2019-20 season. Coming back here I’ve realised how funny it can be, A-M is definitely a top 3 source of laughs in my life.

The reason they still take shots? I was/am a big man on these streets, these younguns using me to clout chase. :cool:

Wizzard

I played a little bit of pro footy, and still have a lot of friends in the business. I can tell you that a lot of medicals take place in the early stages of negotiations. Especially when it's late in the window, they are done to be able to move quickly if something happens. Most of the medicals never materialize.
Felipe Caicedo once sat 6 hours in Berlin on Deadline day, waiting to sign his contract, just to be send home minutes before the window closes, because Berlin managed to sign Woronin from Liverpool.
But still i am optimistic that this transfer could happen, just because of the Edu connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom