• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It’s quoting the Sunday Times, which is reliable. That article is behind a pay wall so I can’t quote it.

Thanks! It just seems too easy to make up a negative story for the trigger-friendly fans so I had to check!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I know, happened all the time under Wenger on here.

Yep. It was unbearable towards the end. The media use the cognitive disonance of Arsenal fans to form a narrative much more than with other teams I believe.

We are suppossedly a superclub , but still act like a small-time club most of the times and it's easy to manipulate the fanbase. No doubt it will only get worse if **** hits the fan early.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Perišić is obviously a Mislintat signing and there's reports that he was the one who pushed us to sign Carrasco as an alternative. Extremely hard to believe he's now a defender of our youth.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Perišić is obviously a Mislintat signing and there's reports that he was the one who pushed us to sign Carrasco as an alternative. Extremely hard to believe he's now a defender of our youth.

You know you can do both, right? Add ready made quality and experience to create a stable corset in which youth players can be promoted without having the instant burden of having to carry the squad performance wise. I'm not specifically arguing perisic and/or Carrasco were of the quality needed, but just that signing them doesn't exclude the idea/concept of promoting youth per se.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It’s quoting the Sunday Times, which is reliable. That article is behind a pay wall so I can’t quote it.

Yeah...I don't really like this Raul, Unai dynamic that's forming at the club.

Tbh Emery isn't really daring in his approach with regards to the team on the pitch and I wouldn't really like the idea of "his" players coming to the club either.

Mislintat is feeling like a big loss now, but that's hardly saying anything ground breaking.

Dregen57

I understand wanting safe standing. I understand not being sold on Raul. I understand not being sold on Emery. I understand wanting the club to spend money on the transfer market. But what i don't understand is making up your mind on all this in <1 year and with a month of window

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Can't we just fire Emery and promote Ljungberg now. I want the youngsters in the first team and kill that sick bromance of senior players.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Not trying to add fuel to the fire here but I did get a chance to speak to Mislintat when he worked for us and he actually did go out of his way to praise our young players coming through - going as far to mention Nelson and Nketiah by name.

Just to bring this more on topic, I came in to say that I hope Emery integrates our academy when the season starts. Sooner or later, you have to take a risk on the likes of Nelson, Saka, Willock, Eddie, JJ etc.. as this is a special group of young players.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People need to stfu about academy players, bunch of nonces. When did this obsession with playing kids start? You lot are the same guys who though Jay Emmanuel Thomas was the next Henry.

Sanis

The way Emery treats youth frustrates me even more than cowardly tactics with 8 defensive players against relegation battling teams..
Against Bayern our youngsters did more than some senior players in 60-80 minutes.

Iceman10

Established Member
Would it really have been better for these youngsters under Wenger? I don't think so from what I've seen so far. Iwobi and AMN had chances last season, and we'll have to see what Emery does this season, but I sense there will be quite a few chances with rotation, impressions being he is willing to use more than Wenger did.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People need to stfu about academy players, bunch of nonces. When did this obsession with playing kids start? You lot are the same guys who though Jay Emmanuel Thomas was the next Henry.
In 2 years time you will be deleting this fake account in shame and your new one will have thumbnail of Nketiah. Promoting youngsters since 2021

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Some of us support more chances for youth but some of us also believe this year's talk about youth is simply a smokescreen so our dear owner doesn't have to justify the lack of investment in players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom