• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back from a lovely Cyprus holiday last week and didn't meet a single Arsenal fan but in one of the better Paphos restaurant's one evening, I did spot a muppet wearing his celtic top eating his meal whilst everyone else correctly dressed for a social event.

Hooplehead

I got back from a lovely Cyprus holiday last week and didn't meet a single Arsenal fan but in one of the better Paphos restaurant's one evening, I did spot a muppet wearing his celtic top eating his meal whilst everyone else correctly dressed for a social event.
giphy.gif

Yeah, we maybe a little too proud of our allegiance.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I like the user name - though it should already have been used by more than one miserable git on here

Nom de Plume

Was it a wedding?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Haha, yeah, that's my point.

I've been a Celtic fan my entire life, had a season book for almost 20 years, but I don't follow them on twitter/facebook or any other social media.

I have met loads of arsenal fans in my job and i live up north.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Africa's the place to go to spot Arsenal shirts - they all have Özil on the back because he supplied them

Judasviking

I have never seen a person with a Celtic shirt in my entire life, lived in Norway, Ireland and Finland.

Anyway, what is this kinda competition? Because you don't see a Arsenal shirt on you holiday in Cypros means that you guys have bigger fanbase than Arsenal or?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't disagree that's in many aspects it would be a step up, but KT is not your average player, he loves playing for Celtic and is adored by so many, for him a huge payrise and the chance to win major European trophies is what would eventually get him to move, Arsenal are not the best option for him in that aspect, waiting another year when the timing is better is a very real possibility.

I don't understand what you are saying to be honest. You say that he is not your average player, yet you state that if leaves it will be for money and a European trophy, that sounds like your average player to me.

Being an Arsenal fan, pre Wenger and also during his era has shown me that we try to do things the right way, with class and most of the time it doesn't get us anywhere, but sometimes it does, which is why we have had success in the past. We may not be currently close to winning on a consistent basis, but we have had a massive change to deal with in terms of losing a legacy manager and we still reached a European final. The club has been in disarray for years, yet still won trophies.

IF we sort ourselves out, i.e get Arsenal people where they need to be like Freddie and Edu recently. If we manage to promote our youth effecrively, and strengthen in the areas of the pitch we need to strengthen in, then we will become a team that challenges for trophies. We challenge for trophies and top 4 when we are struggling ffs.

Tierney has the potential to be adored by Arsenal fans. When you are adored by Arsenal fans and you understand what it truly means to be an Arsenal player, you become part of the fabric of the club and you are remembered forever.

There is no way you can justify Arsenal as not being a big enough step up for him. He will be well looked after and appreciated beyond belief.

Edit: Just like to add, that the fact we have had a legacy manager shows why Tierney should come to us. Wenger is loved by Arsenal fans and the reason he stayed too long is because he is loved and we didn't know how to let him go or move on without him. Arsenal fans become seriously attached to their players especially when they are fond of them.

Judasviking

Africa's the place to go to spot Arsenal shirts - they all have Özil on the back because he supplied them

It's actually true and funny to see.

About a week ago i watched some random documentar about alcohol in a african country and spotted few arsenal shirts walking around.

And in the condition they was in there it was "status" to just have clothes on.

Keplaz

I'm very sorry, Mr Tosker, sir, no disrespect intended. But where in Africa? It's not just one massive country.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm very sorry, Mr Tosker, sir, no disrespect intended. But where in Africa? It's not just one massive country.
Tosker is a Ms./Mrs.

Mostly sub-Saharan Africa. Nigeria, Rwanda, Uganda, etc.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Tierney has the potential to be adored by Arsenal fans. When you are adored by Arsenal fans and you understand what it truly means to be an Arsenal player, you become part of the fabric of the club and you are remembered forever.

Charlie Nicholas came through at Celtic but even now most likely considers himself an Arsenal man ahead of anything else. Says it all.

Halcyon Daze

Everywhere I go in the world I meet Celtic fans, I've yet to meet a Arsenal fan.

Celtic have real supporters throughout the world, they support Celtic coz there old man did, the way it always used to be, Arsenal have global fans the way Justin Bieber does, when times are tough those allegiances switch, they'll be fans of the next big thing, doubt 10% even check for the scores, in reality they are EPL fans, and you know it.

You've proven yourself to be a bit of a c.nt here. I've been all around the world, and Arsenal fans are absolutely everywhere. Like it's already been pointed out, the pale, ginger contingent of one or two countires (Irish ancestry) follow Celtic. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom