• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,352

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Having 6 CB won't also help get another CB looks like kosh is off Emery seem not happy with his attitude and hopefully someone give us 20m for Chambers

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I really don't rate Emery, but this is not on him but on Raul and his ****ty oldschool greasy agent network. Getting taken to the cleaners here, no business mid July, unable to offload, unable get deals done, seemingly no Plan B. Would also bet on Martinelli being off an old Mislintat shopping list as long as he was linked. Shambolic, no concept, no urge.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I really don't rate Emery, but this is not on him but on Raul and his ****ty oldschool greasy agent network. Getting taken to the cleaners here, no business mid July, unable to offload, unable get deals done, seemingly no Plan B. Would also bet on Martinelli being off an old Mislintat shopping list as long as he was linked. Shambolic, no concept, no urge.
I think if we have enough money we could have Tierney Zaha Saliba all singed by now the problem not on him it's the available funds for him

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Why go for a plan B when your plan A is very close to working?

Plan A - Martinelli, Saliba, Tierney, Zaha.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's all the links with these group of players, but tbh to me it doesn't feel like plan A is really close to working. Haven't seen any serious quotes on here that suggest so.

Saliba and Tierney are very likely to be done within the next 10 days from reputable sources as well.

If both of those go tits up then its definitely a cause for concern but i'm quite confident on both. Winger situation is more up in the air but we have a plan B for that.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Francis Cagigao scouted Martinelli and pushed for the deal. This 'Mislintat list' stuff is reaching mythical status.

Toby

I think if we have enough money we could have Tierney Zaha Saliba all singed by now the problem not on him it's the available funds for him

Unable to offload, said that as well. Look at Kos. Apparently the guy wants to leave, he's probably said that some time ago, he's now went on strike, club still can't find a solution - and I'm not talking about gifting him away by terminating his contract, but just sell him on for a reasonable fee. 10m is a bonkers evaluation considering his paycheck in England, no one abroad except the Chinese can afford him that way: The overall package is too damn expensive for a player of his profile. Get around half of it and be done, but no, it's been about a week since that story broke and nothing has happened.

Toby

Francis Cagigao scouted Martinelli and pushed for the deal. This 'Mislintat list' stuff is reaching mythical status.

Oh yeah, the magical Cagigao Slartibartfast was always talking about. Well where's that guy now - ain't getting stuff done for Arsenal as it seems. Tbh this Cagigao stuff was getting funny. Guy's been a blank slate for decades, no one's lured him away from Arsenal, never climbed the latter, there's no big fuss about him being some super scout, nothing substantial to find on his work on the web. But you know he scouted Martinelli, yeah right. Also funny how it's always the same people getting triggered by the name Mislintat.

Toby

Saliba and Tierney are very likely to be done within the next 10 days from reputable sources as well.

Where does it say that? That's just made up. I'm following all the "reputable" sources you other guys post on here, and virtually none said "Arsenal will sign Saliba and Tierney in the next 10 days". It's ****ing conjecture.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Unable to offload, said that as well. Look at Kos. Apparently the guy wants to leave, he's probably said that some time ago, he's now went on strike, club still can't find a solution - and I'm not talking about gifting him away by terminating his contract, but just sell him on for a reasonable fee. 10m is a bonkers evaluation considering his paycheck in England, no one abroad except the Chinese can afford him that way: The overall package is too damn expensive for a player of his profile. Get around half of it and be done, but no, it's been about a week since that story broke and nothing has happened.
Yse agree about unable to sell players don't know why not teams are interested? the players we have in high wages? we sell him lot of time to sell tho.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Where does it say that? That's just made up. I'm following all the "reputable" sources you other guys post on here, and virtually none said "Arsenal will sign Saliba and Tierney in the next 10 days". It's ****ing conjecture.

We’ve had a bid accepted for Saliba and reports suggest we’re his preferred destination. Scottish reports suggest the Tierney one is more when it happens not if it happens. These are players we’ve targeted from Day 1. The only “plan A” signing that doesn’t look like happening is Zaha.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I mean not directly, obviously.

Third bid being put in for Tierney, likely to be accepted. Saliba future decided in the coming days. You fully expect both to be done or left within the next 10 days.

Just thinking logically about it knowing what we currently know.

Toby

We’ve had a bid accepted for Saliba and reports suggest we’re his preferred destination. Scottish reports suggest the Tierney one is more when it happens not if it happens. These are players we’ve targeted from Day 1. The only “plan A” signing that doesn’t look like happening is Zaha.

But it's still in the regions of "close" or "payments just need restructuring". I get that some want to feel optimistic, but tbh I don't feel like the news have seriously changed recently. And even then, I'm still baffled deals for Tierney and Saliba probably worth around 50m couldn't get done earlier.

Toby

I mean not directly, obviously.

And that's that. It's the same "second bid put in, likely to be accepted", "thrid bid in, likely to be accepted", "deals close", "deals imminent", etc. when in fact no one seems to have clear intel. Going about this the way you do you could have said 4 weeks ago Arsenal would sign Saliba and Tierney in the next 10 days - well, blimey, 4 weeks are gone and they're not here. No way convinced these deals will get done quickly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
And that's that. It's the same "second bid put in, likely to be accepted", "thrid bid in, likely to be accepted", "deals close", "deals imminent", etc. when in fact no one seems to have clear intel. Going about this the way you do you could have said 4 weeks ago Arsenal would sign Saliba and Tierney in the next 10 days - well, blimey, 4 weeks are gone and they're not here. No way convinced these deals will get done quickly.

I mean the whole point is they are our plan A and are likely to be done. We have a fantastic plan B for Zaha in Soares as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom