• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not actually excited for these 3 - bring on Nelson

Looks like this season will consist of an imbalance of Auba, Laca, Kola, Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil and Miki. Our supposed first team are entitled and actually not deserving of such separation from the youth. All they have is age and experience, with no energy and pace excluding Auba and Laca. I am sick of this first team player mentality.

This game seemed to consist of all the kids being given the opportunity to stake a first team place. Nelson and ESR will have their chance against Bayern. Probably back to a back 3 or AMN at right back.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Looks like this season will consist of an imbalance of Auba, Laca, Kola, Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil and Miki. Our supposed first team are entitled and actually not deserving of such separation from the youth. All they have is age and experience, with no energy and pace excluding Auba and Laca. I am sick of this first team player mentality.
Which season are you talking about? That was the case for last season, but for the new one I expect to see some changes. We surely can't enter the new season with them playing again. Mkhi, Özil and Kola will be out of the team before December, and Xhaka can only hope Douzi doesn't improve this year.

Anyway, why isn't there a replay on AFC website? Do they expect us to watch the game in the middle of the night?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saw the result and goals the 3rd goal was very beautiful worked. How the youngesters do? and not surprised about the result stayed the same when the losers comes in

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good to see unai started with 433 its mean he want to play with is formation this season

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
People actually stayed up to watch this? You guys are way better fans than me, kudos..

Some good goals, 2nd especially was quality.

Gursha

I woke up at 4AM my time to watch the game.
watched it full - heres what i thought.

GK - Macey - has good confidence on the ball, took some risky press breaking passes. wasnt tested as much, looked good in the air for the few crosses he faced
CB - Medley - has good potential, good in the air and has confidence.
CB - Chambers - has a surprising pace! his on ball skills improved a lot, looked very comfortable. still gotta improve his passing tho
RB - Jenkinson - is still the same jenkinson...
LB - Thompson - showed glimpses of talent, good assist on Martinellis goal, i dont know if the highlights showed it but the link up leading to his run was just filth! one touch football at his best!
CM - Burton - didnt notice anything of significance, good ball carrier ( still better than El Neny)
CM - Olayinka - amazing interception and goal
CAM - TJJ - was very dynamic, reminding of a diaby style with his height long legs, good dribble, tried too hard to score at times
RW - Martinelli - was kinda sad for Gabriel that he was on Jenkinsons side... would like to see him with a different RB, but he looked mature in his decisions, heads always up, He also loves to cut inside, and i mean really really likes it, his movement off the ball is always inside, dont think i ever see him run to the flank, good recovery from his early miss. the guy has potential, good link up as well with his new teammates
LW - Saka - his link up with Nketiah was just amazing, clearly see they know each other, beautiful finish for his goal, always looked threatening. immense talent.
ST - Nketiah - stronger than his appearnace! his link up with the entire academy players was so so good, imo he is the brightest star in this match. no stats to show for it but he was involved in everything dangerous.
amazing assist to Saka and if im not mistaken he was the one that passed the ball to thompson on martinellis goal, need to be calmer on his chances cause he skied it a few times

Sub - Willock looked very good! also like Nketiah, he is stronger than his slim looks. nice dribble (Ramsey replacement? not yet... but has potential)
Sub - Mustafi, Özil, Kola, Auba,Laca - all were introduced kinda late and were clearly rusty still. tbh i enjoyed the youngsters more... showed more spirit and determination to impress.

Those are my thought on the game after seeing it in full and not just highlghts, hope it help some ppl :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom