• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushing their luck wanting a sell on clause. Should be grateful that we've pushed the boat out to such a ridiculous fee in the first place.
Thing I can't get my head around is Teirnys mystery injury... not the hernia.. He, s broken down the last few seasons and only played a third of celtics games a lot of rumours saying its pelvic problems and when you look it up it says this type of problem should take 10-12 weeks to heal but rumours flying about saying similar injury to Andy Murray it's been ongoing for 2-3 seasons... He is a good player, but celtic almost seem keen to pass him on now and looking for a bidding war with Napoli... Hope the medical team are thorough if it goes that far.

Last edited:
As I said, we're better off without that type of player.

Money talks, we have excellent facilities, and great fans, i'm confident in a better league set up we'd be able to sign top tier players.
Any idea what Teirneys injury is.. The pelvic problem.. Its affected him the last 2-3 seasons... Neil Lennon stated it should take 10-12weeks recovery plus getting back to full fitness as he can only do light training.. Then match sharpness... Could be November before he can play..

Hooplehead

Thing I can't get my head around is Teirnys mystery injury... not the hernia.. He, s broken down the last few seasons and only played a third of celtics games a lot of rumours saying its pelvic problems and when you look it up it says this type of problem should take 10-12 weeks to heal but rumours flying about saying similar injury to Andy Murray it's been ongoing for 2 seasons... He is a good player, but celtic almost seem keen to pass him on now and looking for a bidding war with Napoli... Hope the medical team are thorough if it goes that far.
That's not at all true, KT played almost every game for Celtic in his first 3 season since he made his debut, it was only last season that he's missed a significant amount of games, the double hernia operation went well and will not be a problem, the osteitis pubis issue is actually a very common injury for a footballer, rest is the cure and it should not significantly effect his career going forward once it has properly healed.

From what I head it was misdiagnosed for a long time and since KT just played through the pain it was allowed to get much worse than it normally would, someone on the medical team should be getting their jotters.

Hooplehead

Any idea what Teirneys injury is.. The pelvic problem.. Its affected him the last 2-3 seasons... Neil Lennon stated it should take 10-12weeks recovery plus getting back to full fitness as he can only do light training.. Then match sharpness... Could be November before he can play..
From what i've heard Celtic think he will be fully healed and getting back to full fitness in September.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

That's not at all true, KT played almost every game for Celtic in his first 3 season since he made his debut, it was only last season that he's missed a significant amount of games, the double hernia operation went well and will not be a problem, the osteitis pubis issue is actually a very common injury for a footballer, rest is the cure and it should not significantly effect his career going forward once it has properly healed.

From what I head it was misdiagnosed for a long time and since KT just played through the pain it was allowed to get much worse than it normally would, someone on the medical team should be getting their jotters.

Some of it is bound to be due to Brendan overplaying him. We had a similar problem with Wilshere being overplayed when he was a youngster. Although I hope Tierney isn’t made of the same kind of glass that Jack was.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I know there isn't much love for Celtic on here at the moment but I actually feel bad for them. They are a big club, held back from being a European superpower simply because of the Country they are from. There is something seriously wrong with football when a club like Bournemouth with crowds of 10k have more financial muscle than Ajax.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
That Jim White message seems like a desperate last minute attempt to get a bidding war.

“Napoli are still expected to come in with a stronger bid than Arsenal for Kieran Tierney." Wouldn't Celtic just love for those two things to happen.

Hooplehead

Some of it is bound to be due to Brendan overplaying him. We had a similar problem with Wilshere being overplayed when he was a youngster. Although I hope Tierney isn’t made of the same kind of glass that Jack was.
I have no doubt that it contributed to it, KT was different to most young players when he made his debut.

Most young players are inconsistent and drop in and out of the team for 18 months before becoming fully fledged first team regulars, but when he got his chance he just looked like he'd been doing it for years, a couple of games in and everyone was in agreement that he was a major upgrade on Izzy, who was actually quite well thought of at the time.

It should tell you a lot about the type of threat KT is when even as a LB he's probably the most fouled player in the league, but he's hard as nails, and always bounces right back up.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I have no doubt that it contributed to it, KT was different to most young players when he made his debut.

Most young players are inconsistent and drop in and out of the team for 18 months before becoming fully fledged first team regulars, but when he got his chance he just looked like he'd been doing it for years, a couple of games in and everyone was in agreement that he was a major upgrade on Izzy, who was actually quite well thought of at the time.

It should tell you a lot about the type of threat KT is when even as a LB he's probably the most fouled player in the league, but he's hard as nails, and always bounces right back up.
I like the way you talk up your boy - I just hope our recruiting guys aren't reading your posts, as we don't want them spending more than they have to

Hooplehead

I know there isn't much love for Celtic on here at the moment but I actually feel bad for them. They are a big club, held back from being a European superpower simply because of the Country they are from. There is something seriously wrong with football when a club like Bournemouth with crowds of 10k have more financial muscle than Ajax.
Spot on, that's why something has to change before it's too late to correct.

I've always fancied the prospect of a weekly euro league made up of teams like Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Porto, Benfica, Sporting, Anderlect, all the best Scandinavian teams etc....

All those leagues that due to their smaller populations cannot generate the TV money required to compete with the big money leagues, but combined would have a product that could be very big.

Hooplehead

That Jim White message seems like a desperate last minute attempt to get a bidding war.

“Napoli are still expected to come in with a stronger bid than Arsenal for Kieran Tierney." Wouldn't Celtic just love for those two things to happen.
Jim White hates Celtic, he's never hidden his love of Rangers, he ain't doing us any favours.

Think celtic need the ongoing saga to deflect from the fact that a large percentage of celtic fans didn't want lennon and he,s failed to deliver on 6 or 7 transfer targets so far....
Jim White hates Celtic, he's never hidden his love of Rangers, he ain't doing us any favours.
How close are Rangers, it was only a few seasons ago Celtic were supposed to be 20 years in front of Rangers... Would the Teirney cash help them to pull away from the rest and impact on Europe..

Hooplehead

I like the way you talk up your boy - I just hope our recruiting guys aren't reading your posts, as we don't want them spending more than they have to
Celtic have a price, there's no budge in it, all the negotiation is a waste of time, usually we would have to play that come and go game, but KT would never stir up and problems and has 4 years remaining on his contract, add to that would actually like to keep him.

It's a rare situation where we have all the leverage, I still think there's a good chance he'll remain at Celtic coz I think there's a stubborn streak in Arsenal and I don't think they'll make acceptable offer.

Ntcham is almost certainly going to be sold so our outlay will be covered by that move, it's a nice position to be in for the Celtic board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom