• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,672

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Emery confirmed in his interview that we will sign between 2 -4 players more.

Last edited:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Well, that's clear as mud. Emery said we're after two, three, four players. He may or may not have said that one player is very expensive and the rest will follow after that player is secured.

Last edited:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Really, I can say to our supporters that we are going to have a very good team with the players that are there now and also with three or four players who can help us in a few days.

on Josh Kroenke telling fans to 'be excited'...

Yes. Really we are speaking about the big players and because we are starting thinking about our team and our squad now, and we have very good players and very good young players that can progress to take and get big performances with us. Other players can come here to help us.

We need, really, that they will come with a big performance and also our target is to achieve three or four players who really improve our team and our squad now.

We are being very, very demanding and we are first speaking about the possibility to sign very big, very expensive players and the first player in our list is our first target. And after, if we cannot achieve that, then the second. But we are thinking every time that they are going to improve our squad.

Axel9090

We dont know what he means by very expensive though. In my opinion that means at least £50m on a signing. Ill believe it when I see it anyway, because thats how its gotta be nowadays.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
3 or 4?

Tierney
Ceballos
Winger

4th being a CB? He said that improve our squad now so that can’t be Saliba.

There’s a lot of expensive options out there for the wing. Zaha, Pepe, Soares are all expensive.

Also gotta remember his version of expensive could be very different to ours.

Iceman10

Established Member
Clear as mud, but not a biggie. Just one press conference on a friendly fixtures tour, mainly PR.

(i) He obviously is going to back Josh Kroenke and toe the line with his employers. He's not on firm ground to do anything else at Arsenal yet, after his first season.

(ii) How much say he has on transfers is not clear. He is basically talking about shortlists for specific positions. He may, or may not, be talking about one marquee signing, or he may just be saying the first choice targets for specific positions are expensive players.

Emery not providing clarity is not any cause for alarm (yet). His role in transfers is considerably smaller than that for our previous manager.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With Holding back in full training I imagine a CB (Saliba excluded) will only come in if we get rid of a few. Otherwise it’s looking like Tierney, Ceballos and a winger.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not mocking there, but Emery clearly refers to deals for Tierney for around 25m as expensive also.

Would be shocked, if there's anything higher than Everton for 40m.

That's not an issue. 2-4 signings in 3-4 positions, that can help us NOW. This guy is so hard to understand.

LB - comcrete interest in Tierney.
WF- Made a bid for Zaha so looking in this position.
CB - Saliba bid, however he will be loaned so doesn't count.

The other two MUST be a CB and CM. However he is talking like we may not get all of our targets.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
However he is talking like we may not get all of our targets.

Probably because we need to shift a few CBs. We’ve got 6 at the minute with Monreal as an emergency option. They’ll probably need to loan/sell two before they bring in a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom