• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

6gunner

I like this move but for it to be fully effective, we need to make sure we add a winger as well or this guy will end up playing out there. Assuming we add a Zaha or Everton, I think this guy will really help us. We need to play a midfield 3 and are desparate for an athletic attacking midfielder to complete the 3. Cellabos is young, as are Willock and Smith-Rowe, and young players are inconsistent and more likely to get injured with a heavy workload. Since we can also play Iwobi in this position, this gives us 4 options, and while I think Cellabos is the best, the ability to rotate him with the others will ensure we have a young, athletic, healthy, fresh, and talented attacking player in the center of our midfield. And while it wouldn't be ideal, it gives us the option to move ESR or Willock over to right wing if Mhki or AMN are injured or not on form.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Can't see this happening. Would love it though. Ceballos isn't going back to Madrid, they'll buy a Pogba or Verrati.

gkoat

I dont mind him doing a Kawhi Leonard. If he can dictate play like Carzorla/Cesc, atleast we may have a chance to win some silverware. We can not seem to keep the ball anymore.
Also, if he forces Özil/Mhki to the bench, even better.
Kawhi could def start for afc I support this

gkoat

There’s a slight chance he plays the best football of his career here and loves London so much that he might want to stick around. Him and Zidane don’t seem to see eye to eye either so while Zidane is still manager he might not fancy going back. We’ll be at a disadvantage because we might have to pay more than he’s worth now but if he does well and wants to stay I doubt it’s a problem.
It will really help us if Chambers can break through his rigid exterior

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think he would fit best next to Torreira, a la Cesc with Flamini and Santi with Coq. Getting Xhaka out of the first 11 will help everyone else perform better... some press resistance and dribbling ability would work wonders.

And yet I feel Xhaka is going to be named captain and played in every game possible thus inbalancing our entire team. Great.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
And yet I feel Xhaka is going to be named captain and played in every game possible thus inbalancing our entire team. Great.

Would ideally prefer:
Ceballos - Torreira
---- Iwobi -----

Then, hopefully Willock added frequently and obviously we'll see Xhaka regularly - won't be dropped from one day to another.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Özil was made captain and Emery didn't have any problem to bench him tbf.

I'm all in for Ceballos. Even without an option to buy him. Our midfield is so bad that I'd take any technical player who might improve us.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If he gets us a top 4 spot we have an extra £50m next summer to go and buy a midfielder. The player seems to see his future in Madrid as well so even if we agree the option there’s no guarantees he’ll agree to the move next summer.
Pretty sure the player and his camp would have to agree with the option to buy for the clause to be inserted into the deal. They can't willy nilly change their mind later. That's why James had to almost beg Bayern not to activate their buyout option.

Agree with the first part of your post though, if we had loaned someone useful instead of Suarez, we could have been shopping at Harrods right now instead of Lidl.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil was made captain and Emery didn't have any problem to bench him tbf.

I'm all in for Ceballos. Even without an option to buy him. Our midfield is so bad that I'd take any technical player who might improve us.

Being club captain and one of the 5 captains because Koscielny couldn't play every game is completely different.

If Xhaka is named club captain, he will be starting most games.

For me it should be Bellerin. He connects the fans to the club. He is potentially one of the best names in his position in the world. He understands Arsenal. If he returns to full fitness he is the first name on the team sheet. Bellerin isn't polarizing. You can't have a captain who the fan base are divided upon.

Judasviking

Being club captain and one of the 5 captains because Koscielny couldn't play every game is completely different.

If Xhaka is named club captain, he will be starting most games.

For me it should be Bellerin. He connects the fans to the club. He is potentially one of the best names in his position in the world. He understands Arsenal. If he returns to full fitness he is the first name on the team sheet. Bellerin isn't polarizing. You can't have a captain who the fan base are divided upon.

Man, i dont get this.

Bellerin is he a leader, does he have leader "skills" ?

I mean rather Laca or Leno, atleast they have some guts and balls!

Bellerin is just a weak little man running around.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Would ideally prefer:
Ceballos - Torreira
---- Iwobi -----

Then, hopefully Willock added frequently and obviously we'll see Xhaka regularly - won't be dropped from one day to another.

That's what I would like too. Chambers could be an alternative to Torreira when he needs resting or just need a bigger physical presence.

Shahin Tadjalli

Man, i dont get this.

Bellerin is he a leader, does he have leader "skills" ?

I mean rather Laca or Leno, atleast they have some guts and balls!

Bellerin is just a weak little man running around.

Bollocks. The lad gets too much abuse for his off field actions by absolute cretins that don't understand that football isn't everything and that he's still committed to improve his game. Out of the current bunch, Hector's amongst the fan favorites and for good reason.

He's shocking in defense and his crosses only started to reach people around last season before he got injured (FML) but eventually, he's gonna be world class.

Firetruck

Don’t know that much about Ceballos. Is he used as a Cazorla/deep playmaker type or a number 10? Also - can he press?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
His defensive stats are not bad though and he can help in the transition carrying the ball forward, I don't think he's an attacking midfielder. Looks more like a player who can dictate play from deeper and drive forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom