• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,362
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

They have the money to do that. Would love us to do this with Mustafi and Jenko but that'll cost us over 10M we not in position to do that

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Trippier to Athletico very strange.

I'm not sure, if its true I imagine Simeone thinks he can get Trippier to the levels he produced at the World Cup, the fee isn't exactly that high and I imagine he will have some sort of resale value if he flops.

He had an awful season, but prior to that he has been pretty good taking over from Kyle Walker which got him into the World Cup eleven.

No idea what happened to him last season but if Atletico can get him back on track its not the worst move they could make.

OSBK

Established Member
Maguire for 80mill and trippier for 20mill and both had pretty much the same season.

I actually think trippier is decent, he didnt have the best season last season but Sp**s were not exactly this wonder team the media make out. Ath have a bargain.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How ever bad you feel this summer is going for Arsenal always remember it could be much worse, you could be a Newcastle fan.
If I'm Newcastle fan I'll just give up watching them until they got new owner admire thier effort to support a club who giving them nothing

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Kieran Trippier to Athletico is one of the weirdest transfers,

TheIceman85

Genuinely fuming about Trippier, I’ve laughed at how sh*t he was all season and now he’s actually coming to us.

He’s not even young, he’s 28 ffs.

Full-backs in that Atletico team seem to go until 33/34 anyway, like Felipe Luis, Juanfran, etc, so he has plenty of years left.

I reckon that’s because they don’t have to get up and down the pitch like in another teams, they mainly sit back and cross from deep or pass into midfield. Also he could give them an edge on free-kick deliveries which are a big part of Atletico’s strategy. So all-in-all he’s probably perfect for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom