• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahin Tadjalli

I really hope this is his breakthrough year. With our midfield options being a bit poor he should be in and around the first team squad.

Sorry for the late bump, but had to share this. I have my heart set on his breakthrough this year, even with someone like Ceballos coming in and Guendouzi somehow stepping up his game tremendously, Torreira somehow coping with the physicality... even in this unlikely case we're still one classy midfielder away from being ready for CL football.

Willock brings in everything you want, if he hits the gym considered he's pretty lanky I reckon he's gonna make it this year.

Other than that I was very pleased with Martinelli, his work ethic and the fact he's been given such a low shirt number, miiiight be an indicator we do plan to play him for the first time right away (as we should)

Also Saka looked so strong for a player his age physicality wise.

Whoever said our youngster's aren't technical or whatever enough, this is by far the best crop of young players we've had in age.

Would be so nice to have a decent core of English players that are amongst the one featuring for England in the big tournaments, even for someone who doesn't cheer for England.

Tomb Bombadil

Great stuff!

Good to see him dictating the tempo, distributing the ball, controlling the midfield and more aware of his positioning.

He was running up less and play more with his brain. Love that!
Did look really solid, but this was a 30min cameo in a pre-season match against a bad MLS Team. I hope he gets his time this year but the step to the PL is still big. He played 64min in the PL last year so I don't think he will solve our midfield this year.

That's why I would be critical for an only loan for Ceballos. I think we have to sell Elneny, but still then we would have:

Xhaka/Torreira/Ceballos/Guendouzi/Willock/AMN

Shahin Tadjalli

Bayern game is 4am ffs.

Not a chance.

5 am in continental Europe, early morning it is then.
Would get abused on here if I revealed how much Im looking forward to this game. In an ideal world, Emery picks out two young guns and sets them up with 20 games each this season. Then, if senior players continue to **** the bed like Kola did against an awfully awful MLS side.. then we might see a few departures.

All this possibly decided in one game against a top tier side just right after waking up. Hell yes!

TornadoTed

Established Member
Did look really solid, but this was a 30min cameo in a pre-season match against a bad MLS Team. I hope he gets his time this year but the step to the PL is still big. He played 64min in the PL last year so I don't think he will solve our midfield this year.

That's why I would be critical for an only loan for Ceballos. I think we have to sell Elneny, but still then we would have:

Xhaka/Torreira/Ceballos/Guendouzi/Willock/AMN

And Smith-Rowe if he doesn't go out on loan.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Thought this was a good cameo last night.
Unlike many I wasn't really sold on his previous cameos before, like Chris's I thought he flattered to deceive as they would say.

But that was a really good cameo by him, the way he turns his body to receive the ball has the making of a top player. Starting to get the hype. I will say though, he doesn't look that tall, around the same as Chris maybe which is a bit weird since he's always been lanky.

Overall the Willocks are pretty interesting, three brothers who were all considered top talents but none of them have made it yet. Hope Joe is the one to do it.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Unlike many I wasn't really sold on his previous cameos before, like Chris's I thought he flattered to deceive as they would say.

But that was a really good cameo by him, the way he turns his body to receive the ball has the making of a top player. Starting to get the hype. I will say though, he doesn't look that tall, around the same as Chris maybe which is a bit weird since he's always been lanky.

Overall the Willocks are pretty interesting, three brothers who were all considered top talents but none of them have made it yet. Hope Joe is the one to do it.
I think he’s about 5’10, it’s probably because I’ve only see him in youth football so he looks much taller. I’m surprised that Smith Rowe is actually 6 ft

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think he’s about 5’10, it’s probably because I’ve only see him in youth football so he looks much taller. I’m surprised that Smith Rowe is actually 6 ft
He's 6 foot 1

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
5 am in continental Europe, early morning it is then.
Would get abused on here if I revealed how much Im looking forward to this game. In an ideal world, Emery picks out two young guns and sets them up with 20 games each this season. Then, if senior players continue to **** the bed like Kola did against an awfully awful MLS side.. then we might see a few departures.

All this possibly decided in one game against a top tier side just right after waking up. Hell yes!
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom