• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursha

Am I the only one that just cant get excited by a loan only player no option to buy?? I mean.. even if hes amazing... its like a you are guaranteed to sell one of your best players after a year... id rather develop a player that actually stay here for good...

People will claim we dont have money and we need him to get the CL money back... I guess thats the issue... ho well... i hope we can get CL even without him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Am I the only one that just cant get excited by a loan only player no option to buy?? I mean.. even if hes amazing... its like a you are guaranteed to sell one of your best players after a year... id rather develop a player that actually stay here for good...

People will claim we dont have money and we need him to get the CL money back... I guess thats the issue... ho well... i hope we can get CL even without him
the reason that Real madrid loan him to us is because we don't include option to buy but that not problem we can go next summer and buy him from Real Madrid if he had good season and real madrid open to sell.

Shahin Tadjalli

Surely there will the some sort of buying option, even in our most desperate years we never settled that low to develop talents for other teams through 1 year loans.

This seems like the Özil situation back to 2013, where a top player becomes available out of the blue and you're prepared to dig deep and even accept a 2 year loan at worse.

Then, as someone here pointed out, if Real are not convinced then or are stacked in that position we get to keep him after those two years.

Win/Win as long as its no 1 year loan with no option to buy him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

If we want this guy a loan / full sale makes no difference as Madrid so stringent with the buyback clauses. Sure we could make a small profit but this way minimal outlay for us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Marca reported a few days ago that he didn’t want to leave on a permanent this summer as he’s fallen out with his agent and doesn’t want him to get a fee for the move. Their deal runs out next summer.

Type of killer mentality we need.

Gursha

the reason that Real madrid loan him to us is because we don't include option to buy but that not problem we can go next summer and buy him from Real Madrid if he had good season and real madrid open to sell.

The thing is tho. usually those loan with option to buy, is a gamble, cause the loaning club wont loan a good player in theory right? so both partys agree on a fee.
Now if he over preforms with us, we'll feel like we got an absolute bargain! and if he flops, well now thats the issue of obligation/option to buy... its basically a gamble for both partys, specially if the clubs are from different countries where player performance can vary a lot...

But now, if he has an insane season, we wont be able to afford him cause real will demand high fee...
And that feeling is like fighting with yourself - " i want him to do well cause he's helping my team... but then he increase his price and we'll surley wont be able to buy him..."

Clubs of our stature shouldnt do just loans... I just cant get excited by that...

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I am with you on that. Can't really get excited that much but you must understand Unai knows he is on loan here with no option (if that's the thing), so be sure he wont build around him, or play him non stop. No option in a loan deal actually makes it easier to promote some youngsters, knowing the guy who plays their position is not really your player, easy to decide to sub him or leave on bench when you truly dont need him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom