• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
In:
Grimaldo / Tierney (€25m) Hermoso (€35m) Ruiz (€60m) Everton (€40m) Alves (free) Saliba (€5m upfront + loan back) + Martinelli (€7m)
= €172m

Loan:
Nketiah, Osei-Tutu, Nwakali

Out:
Cech (free, £100k) Lichtsteiner (free, 90k) Jenkinson (free, £45k) Ramsey (free, £110k) Welbeck (free, £70k) Ospina (€4m, £40k) Mustafi (€15m, £90k) Chambers (€25m, £50k) Kolasinac (€20m, £120k) Elneny (€7m, £50k) Xhaka (€40m, £90k) Özil (€5m, £350k) Mkhitaryan (€15m, £180k) Koscielny (€5m, £90k) Asano (€2m) Amaechi (?? + buyback)
= €138m + €50m (budget) + €5m (Bennacer) = €193m
+ £1.4m/week wages saved

Start of the season:
Leno
Alves - Sokratis - Hermoso - Grimaldo
Ruiz
- Torreira - Willock
Nelson - Aubameyang - Everton

Back-up:
Martinez
Bellerin - Holding - Mavropanos - Monreal
Guendouzi / AMN - Bielik - ESR
Martinelli - Lacazette - Iwobi / Saka​

Result: healthy financially, healthy squad depth, significantly improved starting XI

Would love to add Ziyech for €30m too, but seems we're not in for him. More likely that Özil stays, which should still be completely feasible in the above setup.

Shahin Tadjalli

Ceballos and Ruben Diaz.

Never thought we were getting a CM/AM of this magnitude this window, neither a proven CB at the age of 21 which means were talking ELITE talent.

Imagine those two on top of Saliba, Tierney and Zaha/Everton/Malcolm

Thats wishlist stuff right there, make it happen Arsenal.

Out:
Ospina - £4m
Koscielny - £5m
Elneny - £6m
Kolasinac - £15m

Total - £30m

In:
Alves - Free
Ceballos - Loan
Malcom - Loan (+ ~£40m option to buy?)
Tierney - £25m
Everton - £35m

Total - £60m

Aubameyang

Everton Ceballos Malcom

Xhaka Torreira

Tierney Sokratis Holding Bellerin

Leno​

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Özil, Xhaka, Mustafi, Elneny and Mkhi all out.

I don’t care who or if anyone comes in as replacements, don’t care if we get a single pound back, don’t care where they go I just really want them all gone. They individually and collectively represent failure at AFC and I want a fresh start.

Bit disappointing, but hardly surprising, that any and all links away for these guys have dried up, so I’m wishlisting/willing this to happen.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Özil, Xhaka, Mustafi, Elneny and Mkhi all out.

I don’t care who or if anyone comes in as replacements, don’t care if we get a single pound back, don’t care where they go I just really want them all gone. They individually and collectively represent failure at AFC and I want a fresh start.

Bit disappointing, but hardly surprising, that any and all links away for these guys have dried up, so I’m wishlisting/willing this to happen.

I can't see any other scenario than Özil, Mustafi and Mkhi being here until their contracts expire in 2 years time. Nobody is going to pay the wages they are on and none seem to have any desire to leave.

You are better off wish listing a time machine to whisk you off to summer 2021. It can't come fast enough for me.

db10fan

Based on our USA tour squad, IMO these positions should be our priorities with mostly realistic targets :
Physical CM : Partey/Grillitsch/Gbamin/Roca/Sangare
LB : Firpo/Tierney/R. Sessegnon/A. Martin/Bensebaini
Left footed CB : Zagadou/Kimpembe/N'Dicka/Niakhate/M. Sarr
Technical CM : Ceballos/Ziyech/De Beek/Sanson/Zielinski
RB : Atal/Henrichs/Mukiele/Dumfries/Mazraoui
Winger : Everton/Pepe/Bergwijn/St. Maximin/I. Sarr
Mobile + Physical CF : Belfodil/Mateta/Marcus Thuram/Dolberg/Mitrovic

Seeing that we are said to be bidding for Zaha (50), Tierney (25) Saliba (25), it seems we have about 100 M to spend, so I will spend it for some of the players listed above :
1st team :
Leno

Bellerin---Sok---ZAGADOU(30)/---TIERNEY(25)/
KIMPEMBE (30)---A. MARTIN(20)

Torreira---GRILLITSCH(30)/---CEBALLOS(Loan)
ROCA(30)

Özil
Auba---Laca

2nd team :
Martinez
MUKIELE (20)/---Chambers---Holding---Kola
DUMFRIES (15)

AMN---Gwen---Willock

Iwobi
Nelson---John-Jules

Back Ups :
GK : Macey;
Defenders : Medley
Midfielders : Bielik; Saka
Forwards : Martinelli

Loan Outs :
Mavro; ESR; Nketiah

We are then free to sell : Jenko; Monreal; Mustafi; Elneny; Xhaka; Miki; Asano; for at least 50-80 M which can be used to finalise Buy To Loan of Saliba (30 M), then we can buy a winger or 3rd CF(20-50 M).

If we can do these, I think we can get top 4 comfortably + EURO/FA Cups.

Jakarta

Agree largely, but can we not sign a starting cb?

Bro would be great but financial constraints and all that is making this a work in progress.

Plus I am nutter who just wants to see more attacking football. Our football last season was beyond boring.

Furthermore if it was left to me I would use that £25m for Tierney on Ziyech instead.

Aubameyang
Zaha --------- Özil --------- Ziyech
Xhaka ------- Torreira/Lemina
Kola--Holding - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno​

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

I would gladly wait next season to bring in defensive enforcements.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Alves, Salibah, Dunk, Tierney, Ceballos (loan), Matuidi, Zaha, Soares.

Out: Cech, Ospina, Lichtsteiner, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Chambers, Bieleik, El Nenny, Mkhi, Nketiah (loan), Welbeck, Ramsey, Bennacer.

The experience of Matuidi and Alves would be invaluable, low to no fees and less money than Ramsey and Lichtstenier were on. Dunk and Tierney need no adaption time at all and instantly our defensive structure on paper looks so much more solid.

Ceballos to come in for a ear with a point to prove. If he gets us into the Champions league and goes back to Madrid, it's cost us little and gives us a platform to target a top cm with cl football, even If it's not Ceballos himself.

Signing Alves gives us the option of pushing Bellerin up in a 4-4-2 for some games (essential when your best two players are centre forwards). We can also play Nelson wide as long as Zaha plays on the opposite wing. It would be great to have genuine width. Soares is unrealistic but I get the impression that he can play either flank or as a false 9. That gives us so much versatility. He could be a long term Auba replacement and render Özil no longer needed.

----------------------------Leno--------------------------------
----------------Dunk--------------Sokratis-------------------
--Bellerin-------------------------------------------Tierney--
--------------Ceballos--Torreria---Matudi------------------
-------Zaha---------------Laca-----------------PEA----------

** For some games It's laca or PEA and Soares/Nelson go wide.

truth_hurts

Silly season wishlist:

Bale and Ceballos on loan from Madrid. 10m in loan fees.
Salibah, Dunk and Tierney for our defence. 80m
Zaha. 50m

-----------------------Leno-----------------------
----------Dunk---------------Sokratis-----------
--Bellerin-----------------------------Tierney--
---------------Torreria----Xhaka--------------
--Bale----------------Ceballos-----------Zaha--
-----------------Aubameyang--------------------

Every team in the league would be terrified of us.

In the real world, swap Bale for Pepe and sell Mkhi and Iwobi to fund it.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
———————Zaha————————
—Soares———————Thauvin——
———————Ziyech———————
———Ceballos——Torreira————

————————Martinelli—————————
—Nelson/Omari—————Saka/Greenwood—
———————ESR/John Jules————————
—Matt Smith/Cottrell——Burton—————

Last edited:

truth_hurts

————————Zaha————————
——Soares———————Thauvin——
————————Ziyech———————
————Ceballos———Torreira———

Swap Thauvin for Zaha and put Laca or Auba upfront and that would be a seriously exciting line up. Relatively doable as well. I doubt we'd put 5 new players in our front 6 though.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
———————Zaha————————
—Soares———————Thauvin——
———————Ziyech———————
———Ceballos——Torreira————

————————Martinelli—————————
—Nelson/Omari—————Saka/Greenwood—
———————ESR/John Jules————————
—Matt Smith/Cottrell——Burton—————
@MutableEarth
@hydrofluoric acid