• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Jesus they really took us to the cleaners, when all is said and done with that sell on clause they'll end up with £40-50mil for a kid with 16 pro apps. At these prices, he better not be getting loaned back on top.

Nothing against this kid, but that transfer is absolute bonkers, especially when you look at Manolas, Hummels, Diallo, Pavard, Koundé, Andersen and what they went for. Massive amount of cash plus a loan back. One of the first three I listed plus Kabak all the way over one Saliba loaned back to Saint-Etienne. This guy better be the future Jesus of centrebacks.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wonder how much we're paying up front. I would guess about £10m max, that's one reason this signing appeals. We are securing a potentially brilliant young player without using too much of our budget. Ideally we sign another CB but by improving elsewhere we will take some pressure off the defence.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nothing against this kid, but that transfer is absolute bonkers, especially when you look at Manolas, Hummels, Diallo, Pavard, Koundé, Andersen and what they went for. Massive amount of cash plus a loan back. One of the first three I listed plus Kabak all the way over one Saliba loaned back to Saint-Etienne. This guy better be the future Jesus of centrebacks.
I think the sell on clause just tips it in their favour.

Before that I wasn’t too dissatisfied about the deal. If we do sell him it’s gonna have to be for like 80M now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Three weeks? Pshhht, I narrowed it down to a matter of days.

You're one of those early stage guys with your wide timescales, the niche I'm trying to fill is the guy who gets involved when shxt's about to go down.

I won't ITK often but When Trilly speaks ya'll better listen. We can co-exist if you want but if you don't....

Classic Trilly logic there. Predict it three weeks early almost to the day but Johnny come lately thinks himself the big man.

Something’s not right here.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Just imagining Raúl: “Yeah mate **** it have a 100% sell on clause if you like they all run down their contracts anyway”

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think the sell on clause just tips it in their favour.

Before that I wasn’t too dissatisfied about the deal. If we do sell him it’s gonna have to be for like 80M now.

Yeah, that sell on clause is a little problem. But even without it I can't really deem this good business.

I could have lived with this buy now + loan back model very well if the fee was significantly lower or could have lived with this big fee better if he'd join now. That it's paid in installments and the first one or few are reportedly rather low doesn't change the fact that the club still pays 30+ for a virtually unproven guy and tops it off by loaning him back. Imagine if these 16 games were a hot streak and next season he turns out to be actually ****e. That kind of money definitely should have gone into someone who's actually at Arsenal next season. In Kabak there was a similar talent on the market for half the Saliba fee where you could've very well made a similar deal with instantly loaning him out. There were proven guys out there who went for fees in the region of this Saliba fee. Guy really has to be a hit.

Shahin Tadjalli

I think there's three factors which decide wether he becomes world class after the next 2 seasons and will be considered for France's 2022 (pre)-WC.

1. As always, attitude and work ethic
2. Again, as always, the fact he stays injury free
And the third, the most important part of his personal profile, is there still a bit of pace left to squish out ? He seems far from sluggish but from what I've seen he's a good mile off players like Varane with high mobility and pace.

God forbid if he picks up an injury as well, but then with St. Etienne playing in Europe next year there is no reason whatsoever not to believe in his continues progression there.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Don’t really understand this transfer. Seems unbelievably expensive for someone who isn’t ready to join and needs a loan back. Our first team squad has huge issues and we have no money, so even if he’s a huge hit later on in his career, it still doesn’t seem like smart business.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

FIRST GIF PARTY OF THE YEAR!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom