• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Massively. He doesn't know how to use any of our young players. Hence why AMN has never been tried in midfield under Emery, why Iwobi is on the left and even played on the right. Now we are holding Willock back in midfield.

Yep....although it seems like all managers do annoying sh*t and seem stubborn and resistant to change it, makes me wonder if it's just an ego trip? Like Sarri and the whole displacing his best player from his best position?

Total head scratcher.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why the **** would he know about Robbie Burton? He’s first team coach and the club has specifically put in a structure (with a technical director) and coaching setup so that he shouldn’t have to worry about youngsters coming through. The people are put in place to do that for him and to move them up when they’re ready.

Some of the moaning is over the top. It was our first proper preseason friendly with lots of current and potential players missing. If all goes well three out of the four defenders will be different (Tierney, Bellerin and Holding all to come in) two of the midfielders will be different (Ceballos and Torreira/Guendouzi) and there’ll probably be a new winger.

Last edited:

Divided_Pie

I never said kids are the answer and I don't scapegoat Özil. Let me ask you a question. What did Özil do when the opposition had the ball?
Oh, so you’re the guy who expects the #10 to play like Gattusso in a preseason match.

Thought Özil started a bit slow but gave a good effort as the game went on. Was a great outlet on the counter at times, dropped deep a number of times to help with possession and build-up, made some good runs (Mkhi missed him badly on one), had a shot on target, created a chance for Sokratis on the free kick, and yes, I saw him sprinting to press a couple of times and attempt a couple of tackles. He didn’t exactly take the game by the scruff of the neck, but he certainly doesn’t deserve scorn for his performance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Oh, so you’re the guy who expects the #10 to play like Gattusso in a preseason match.

Thought Özil started a bit slow but gave a good effort as the game went on. Was a great outlet on the counter at times, dropped deep a number of times to help with possession and build-up, made some good runs (Mkhi missed him badly on one), had a shot on target, created a chance for Sokratis on the free kick, and yes, I saw him sprinting to press a couple of times and attempt a couple of tackles. He didn’t exactly take the game by the scruff of the neck, but he certainly doesn’t deserve scorn for his performance.
Özil was fine. Didn't have a problem with his performance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Unai had to know about Robbie Burton - he's not one of our more known prospects and didn't play that much U23 games last season - so that isnt surprising at all. However, it's just funny because the word was that he supposedly had this dossier with most of the academy graduates in it and their "strengths and weaknesses", yet this doesn't actually appear to be the case. Again, not a huge problem to me that he wouldn't know off the bat, but he was definitely embellishing :lol:

ASIF

Nketiah is a strong boy for such a small frame.
He made Sule eat grass shame the keeper stopped the shot that would have been some goal.I know it's just a friendly but last 10 mins of the game had me more excited then the whole of last season.We have some very very talent Young kids thanks to Arsène Wenger who always showed faith in the youth.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
How f*cking nice is the kit btw? I actually can't get over it.

Really awesome. But playing against Bayern we literally looked like Dortmund out there. I would have loved some blue shorts to go with the shirt. Our classic away colors.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Really awesome. But playing against Bayern we literally looked like Dortmund out there. I would have loved some blue shorts to go with the shirt. Our classic away colors.

k53RsVc.jpg

Looks pretty blue to me?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't rate Burton, too vanilla.
He's OK IMO. He'll be a PL player I think, very good technician and a bit of a spicy streak that most British midfielders need. Not sure he's quite Arsenal quality but he's looked relatively comfy compared to the level I thought he would be at.

How f*cking nice is the kit btw? I actually can't get over it.

Also John Jules has surprised me.
John-Jules is very good, arguably the most all-round CF out of the youngsters - even Eddie. Really wish he'd buried his chance, both him and Nelson missed glorious chances.

Nelson was very subdued I thought. Didn't look bad but he rarely got involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom