• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

Heard about how technically good he is and press resistance and decent dribbler but does he work hard and track back as the modern midfielder even an am tackles and tracks back

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I post about football , it’s my job ,
You seem to comment on me a lot .
I have my eye on you
First time I’ve quoted you I think.

What are the odds on you posting about the next Sp**s transfer target? :)

Balboa

There seems to be a great deal of enthusiasm for signing Ceballos on loan.

I would like to question the wisdom of any deal that doesn't involve an option to buy.

I can't remember (and if I've forgotten, I'll stand corrected if I'm reminded of an exception) any player signed by Arsenal on a short-term deal (a loan or a one year contract) who I'd regard as a success.

Junichi Inamoto
Julio Baptista
Yossi Benayoun
Kim Kallstrom
Stephan Lichtsteiner
Denis Suarez

There's a first time for everything but I'd be wary of over optimism if it's a loan without an option to buy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I would like to question the wisdom of any deal that doesn't involve an option to buy.

I can't remember (and if I've forgotten, I'll stand corrected if I'm reminded of an exception) any player signed by Arsenal on a short-term deal (a loan or a one year contract) who I'd regard as a success.

Junichi Inamoto
Julio Baptista
Yossi Benayoun
Kim Kallstrom
Stephan Lichtsteiner
Denis Suarez

I'd be wary of over optimism if it's a loan without an option to buy.

The difference between Ceballos and all those players is he’s not ****.

Jexe

Junichi Inamoto
Julio Baptista
Yossi Benayoun
Kim Kallstrom
Stephan Lichtsteiner
Denis Suarez

There's a first time for everything but I'd be wary of over optimism if it's a loan without an option to buy.

Yossi Benayoun was a decent squad option. Sol Campbell’s second spell wasn’t terrible.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Junichi Inamoto
Julio Baptista
Yossi Benayoun
Kim Kallstrom
Stephan Lichtsteiner
Denis Suarez

Yossi Benayoun was a success in my books. Did a job for us. Baptista was also decent, he had Henry, Adebayor, RVP ahead of him. Kallstrom and Suarez were 6 month loan deals where injuries stopped them from contributing. Lichsteiner was brought in as a RB backup in the last legs of his career, can't be compared to Ceballos who'll be reaching his prime and has everything to play for.

Balboa

Yossi Benayoun was a decent squad option. Sol Campbell’s second spell wasn’t terrible.

I've discounted returning players like Campbell & Henry - different situation.

Baptista & Lichsteiner were quality players.

There's a first time for everything but the joy surrounding Ceballos seems a little OTT given that Kroenke seems to have supporters feeding off scraps.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not too bothered about the option to buy. He gives us time to develop ESR and Willock. If he manages to help us get back into the champions league we would have the money to buy him.

Do not underestimate the pulling power of Arsenal. He may fall in love with the club and prefer the challenge of the Premier League.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Junichi Inamoto
Julio Baptista
Yossi Benayoun
Kim Kallstrom
Stephan Lichtsteiner
Denis Suarez

The concern about an option to buy is so strange. Ceballos is quality player, way better than Suarez, and we're working on a pretty small budget.

And Chelsea signed Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid on loan without an option to buy, and they just bought him this summer.

Not having an option to buy doesn't mean that you can't buy a player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Junichi Inamoto
Julio Baptista
Yossi Benayoun
Kim Kallstrom
Stephan Lichtsteiner
Denis Suarez

Julio Baptista had one of the greatest games of any Arsenal player I’ve ever seen against Liverpool. Put some respect on his name ffs.

Balboa

Not too bothered about the option to buy. He gives us time to develop ESR and Willock. If he manages to help us get back into the champions league we would have the money to buy him.

Do not underestimate the pulling power of Arsenal. He may fall in love with the club and prefer the challenge of the Premier League.

It's possible, it's just rare and has a high difficulty. Loan signings tend to have little time to bed in and establish themselves. I suppose it is likely to happen more in modern football as transfer fees get so large.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Look at him ffs, destroying a prime Gerrard like it’s nothing. Like an upgraded Vieira.

Balboa

Julio Baptista had one of the greatest games of any Arsenal player I’ve ever seen against Liverpool. Put some respect on his name ffs.

He's a talented player, it just wasn't a consistent success. People are talking about Ceballos like he's going to transform Arsenal's midfield, and it may be the case, but it's rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom